Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS test firmware tackling Wi-Fi and HDMI issues

Tip us?

edeharo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
rooted and switch the gonvernor to ondemand no more locks and reboots for two days

Archos 101G9 Turbo Version

myhrdak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
after updating from honeycomb to 4.0.5 and now to 4.0.6 test2 i´ve noticed that
google talk video chat quits the video chat after 20 seconds.
furthermore i´ve bad sound problems during video chat because the speaker sends
the sound back through the mic, thats annoying.
are these both firmware based bugs? google talk video chat was stable on honeycomb!

on 4.0.6 test2 firmware there is no button in settings for configuring the archos remote! i hope this is easy to fix, thanks

duncaneidaho
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by courville View Post
OK, we will investigate your specific issue and continue to work on a solution. Seems that we have fixed 2 Wi-Fi issues so far but there is still one to go.
Any feedback?
The Following User Says Thank You to duncaneidaho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bottedumal
Old
Thanks Meter 13
was dev given up by archos? it's been a while since any update

gen_scheisskopf
Old
Thanks Meter 243
So I rolled back to Honeycomb
Problems I had on ICS:
-system freezes when reading a pdf for all tested readers, additionaly for Adobe Reader about 1/8 of screen is flickering almost always (sometimes on bottom, sometimes on top of LCD)
-device gets quite hot (hardly touchable) when there is a minimal system load eg. unlocked desktop
-some ICS compatible 3d games have graphical glitches or FC's, sometimes touchscreen stops responding but for the game only (onscreen system buttons work fine)
Code:
setprop persist.world.domination 1
Twitter

Archibishop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wifi connection problem is not relevant any more. Yesterday I decided to test built in alarm clock. It woke me up but 5 minutes after when I took the device the screen was white as snow. reboot didn't help. I finally noticed that it wasn't just white — it was working but like completely faded. And reaction on touches was slow as if it is -20 C. Tried to roll back to 328, 405 and back to test 406. Nothing changes. Seems to be a hardware problem. Returning it back to the seller when i'm back from vacation would solve the problem completely.

courville
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Please note that the final 4.0.6 firmware has been released. It contains one more Wi-Fi fix that will hopefully solves more disconnection problems faced with some access points. Please share your experience with this new firmware if 4.0.6-TEST2 was not working for you. Thank you for your help and patience.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to courville For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

surdu_petru
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Please note that the final 4.0.6 firmware has been released. It contains one more Wi-Fi fix that will hopefully solves more disconnection problems faced with some access points. Please share your experience with this new firmware if 4.0.6-TEST2 was not working for you. Thank you for your help and patience.
HI !
Thank you very much !!! Please ..can you update gitorious/kernel - ics source cod for this release ?
Huawei Ascend P6 | Quad Core 1.5GHz | 8GB | 2GB RAM ( Omni ROM 4.4.4 ! )
HTC One M8 | Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz | 16GB | 2GB RAM ( Stock 4.4.2 )

If you find my work useful, feel free to hit the THANKS button below !

Shano56
Old
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
Thanks for keeping us updated!
LG Nexus 5

ergoen
Old
(Last edited by ergoen; 3rd May 2012 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi, thanks for the patch, however I still have problems with the tablet freezing and rebooting. It's not always reproducible but it happens pretty often while viewing (heavy?) pdf files in adobe reader (this one has caused more than 5 crashes: http://db.tt/esmwb3S9) or when viewing xda developers in desktop mode with opera mobile.

Edit: here is /proc/last_kmsg from one such crash on 4.0.6 (opera mobile on xda developers) : http://pastebin.com/2CEmtPWY