Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: how many people want this thread for discussion ?
yes 200 95.69%
no 9 4.31%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

[sgt]-[discussion room] CyanogenMOD 9.0 by te4m[MTD][4.0.4]

Tip us?

phlooke
Old
Thanks Meter 149
I'm currently running eaut's build (update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p1-eaut-2012-04-15)

The lock screen widget in the notification drawer does not stop the screen lock from working.

settings | security | lock screen --> screen lock is set to slide

I was under the impression that the lock screen widget turns the screen lock feature on & off.

alroger
Old
(Last edited by alroger; 25th April 2012 at 03:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.weck View Post
I can confirm this.

I am on alroger's 2012-04-22 build (full ROM + PDroid patch + 16MB radio/modem patch), with CameraUpdates.zip update (I think that the fixed lib and media_profiles.xml are already included in the ROM, but this pushes the fixed Camera.apk with menus as well), and with GApps 2012-04-22 (from Goo.im).

URL - please use original XDA post instead of external links - URL

The camera also force-closes on a number of other operations, sometimes a bit randomly it seems. However overall it is perfectly usable.
Yeah, build 22 has all the fixes, but no Camera.apk.
Build 24 has all the fixes and the Camera.apk with menus.

I also get some FCs... specially on first run after cleaning cache and data. I enter Camera and switch do 2.5MP wide.. ususally gives me an FC, but then I come back and it all works... if I keep this config it works good thereafter. When I switch cameras or resolutino again probably will get FCs.. but entering the App again gets the job done. Haven't tried on build 24 yet... Still random FCs. But ProCapture that use works great, no FCs and has all the resolutions and options (no video rec) - expect it FCs when switching to front camera.
[TAB] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" P1000N p1n
[ROM][OmniROM][4.4.4 KitKat] with [Xposed]

sbradymobile
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlooke View Post
I'm currently running eaut's build (update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p1-eaut-2012-04-15)

The lock screen widget in the notification drawer does not stop the screen lock from working.

settings | security | lock screen --> screen lock is set to slide

I was under the impression that the lock screen widget turns the screen lock feature on & off.
It hasn't been fixed for CM9 yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbradymobile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alroger
Old
(Last edited by alroger; 26th April 2012 at 04:36 PM.) Reason: finally
Thanks Meter 1,860
Red face New partitioning 20120425 sgt7

I don't want to start a riot or anything , but I just flashed today's build without wipes or restocks! I guess I'm lucky... news partitions sizes in place, all good.

1 problem, mobile wasn't working (data/voice/etc).. It showed my correct baseband modem but was returning an error that it could not register with the network. It did have APN and found the mobile networks, just couldn't connect. Bug already fixed.

So here goes my download post again, with today's build for all tabs.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post24986629

Realistically, be safe:

REMEMBER TO BACKUP EVERYTHING, INCLUDING INTERNAL SDCARD.
BE READY TO RESTOCK, FACTORY RESET/WIPE, THE WHOLE DANCE.

UPDATE: another reboot and mobile isn't working again. this is not consistent... stay tunned!
UPDATE2: Well, finally restocked, factory reset and the whole dance. But still my modem won't connect to the network carriers. Snif sniff
UPDATE: pfiu... hard word reinstaling everything. Modem came back up after I copied /sdcard/backup/efs/imei/* to /efs/imei/, including hidden files. /efs/imei was empty, like it didn't restore the backup..

Restocking was as easy as:
  1. Full flash stock with repartition (yes, heimdall too).
  2. Boot download mode (VolDown).
  3. Flash newest kernel and boot directly to recovery (VolUp).
  4. Flash newest MTD ROM and GAPPS!
  5. Thats it!

UPDATE FINAL: We had little bug in the code, offsetting the radio partition a byte into another partition, causing corruption.. that's why modem wouldn't work normally. Code fixed, waiting for repo aproval. New compilings on the way.
[TAB] Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" P1000N p1n
[ROM][OmniROM][4.4.4 KitKat] with [Xposed]
The Following User Says Thank You to alroger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MosCraciun
Old
Thanks Meter 8
What kernel did you flash?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

daniel.weck
Old
(Last edited by daniel.weck; 26th April 2012 at 10:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75
After a few reboots and various attempts, I noticed inconsistencies in /efs/imei/ (and missing contents), despite not restocking.

About /radio/modem.bin:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=867

About MAC address:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3276

About restoring IMEI:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=31

Cheers, Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alroger View Post
I don't want to start a riot or anything , but I just flashed today's build without wipes or restocks! I guess I'm lucky... news partitions sizes in place, all good.

1 problem, mobile wasn't working (data/voice/etc).. It showed my correct baseband modem but was returning an error that it could not register with the network. It did have APN and found the mobile networks, just couldn't connect.

I'm not sure exactly what made it work... a few reboots and copying diferent modems to /radio... Vuala, it worked for me. Lucky me.. haven't factory wiped since ICS Alpha3.

So here goes my download post again, with today's build for all tabs.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post24986629

Realistically, be safe:

REMEMBER TO BACKUP EVERYTHING, INCLUDING INTERNAL SDCARD.
BE READY TO RESTOCK, FACTORY RESET/WIPE, THE WHOLE DANCE.

UPDATE: another reboot and mobile isn't working again. this is not consistent... stay tunned!
UPDATE2: Well, finally restocked, factory reset and the whole dance. But still my modem won't connect to the network carriers. Snif sniff

UPDATE: pfiu... hard word reinstaling everything. Modem came back up after I copied /sdcard/backup/efs/imei/* to /efs/imei/, including hidden files. /efs/imei was empty, like it didn't restore the backup..

Restocking was as easy as:
  1. Full flash stock with repartition (yes, heimdall too).
  2. Boot download mode (VolDown).
  3. Flash newest kernel and boot directly to recovery (VolUp).
  4. Flash newest MTD ROM and GAPPS!
  5. Thats it!
Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (euro)
Ice Cream Sandwich - CyanogenMod 9 (nightly builds)
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel.weck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daniel.weck
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.weck View Post
After a few reboots and various attempts, I noticed inconsistencies in /efs/imei/ (and missing contents), despite not restocking.

About /radio/modem.bin:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=867

About MAC address:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3276

About restoring IMEI:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=31

Cheers, Dan
I managed to get 2G voice calls working again:

All from ADB shell: I DD-ed the /radio and /efs partitions to zero (/dev/block/mtdblock5 and /dev/block/mtdblock4, respectively), then I restored files one by one using CAT (not CP), and of course I applied the correct CHOWN + CHMOD. Note that I used the nv_data.bak trick to get the phone to re-init the nv_data.bin (and associated md5 checksums). I also made sure to make every MAC addresses consistent (see link above).

Both JPZ baseband and IMEI came back fine, and I could dial outwards (and inwards from my landline) in 2G voice calls (I don't have a 3G SIM to try, sorry). No problems after reboot either.

I'm not sure if formatting (DD-ing) the partitions helped. Don't try this is you are unsure how to restore files, especially the IMEI stuff!! (you've been warned)

Basically, a good refresh of both /radio and /efs seems to be the solution to avoid re-stocking for builds after 2012-04-24. Let's see if others get similar results.

Cheers, Dan
Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (euro)
Ice Cream Sandwich - CyanogenMod 9 (nightly builds)
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel.weck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdacinq
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Tablet encryption failed

Hi,

running Alrogers Build "CM9 MTD 20120424 - Full ROM + PDroid Patch", and tried the tablet encryption. It failed. Internal and external sd card are untouched, but it needed to reset to factory default after failed encryption.

No log file of interes on first look.

Cinq

hanjien93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
em...
flv video doesn't support in this rom
is there a chance to get the flv video supported?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

espionage724
Old
(Last edited by espionage724; 1st May 2012 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Default Wifi speeds slow on screen sleep

So it would appear that wifi speeds slow down when the screen sleeps. This is a slight problem when using USB Tethering (latency skyrockets), downloading from market, and I haven't tested it yet, but I think this would also affect things like GrooVe IP, Google Voice, and other similar apps.

Edit: This doesn't seem to affect GrooVe IP, Google Voice, or Gmail. They all seem to still receive notifications relatively quickly still. So it seems it will only affect things heavily using bandwidth (such as market and game downloads and tethering)

A solution would be to keep the screen from sleeping, but to my knowledge, this can lead the screen burn-in (and a quick read into this would seem that this can even be permanent on certain LCD screens).

It would seem this is due to a Power Saving feature introduced in Honeycomb, which explains why this isn't noticeable on any Gingerbread ROM's

I was looking through GrooVe IP's troubleshooting options and I noticed a High Perf WiFi Lock setting. Enabling this didn't do anything (I guess it's not properly implemented), so I did a bit more research into it.

I came across this thread, and it mentions to use the WIFI High Performance Widget. Upon turning this widget on, I can ping google and keep a steady latency, even with the screen off on Terminal Emulator. I also did a similar test on my desktop with USB Tethering, and can confirm that the widget works

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

The Following User Says Thank You to espionage724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]