Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 3,200

673 posts
Donate to Me
More
Pen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1722

+1. I would love ICS but not at the cost of a fully working pen. for me the scribe is what set this apart from other tablets and I use it extensively. will gladly donate if it maintains this function.

I will be trying to get this to work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #82  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 92

151 posts
More
I suggest that Drew open a thread about his AOSP build in the development section and post all his updates there.

BTW @drew: how come your are a dev, and yet new to XDA?!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app
27th April 2012, 08:40 AM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 10

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren

I will be trying to get this to work.

Appreciated - watching eagerly, donated, will add more when pen working.
27th April 2012, 12:27 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 1,195

7,872 posts
Progress report posted yesterday on Drew's web site was a little disheartening. Good luck with your efforts

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mcord11758 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 1,810

763 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just wondering: how could by development stuff almost have bricked a tablet? If it was an issue that got fixed by a nandroid, it was just a ROM that refused to boot. That's definitely not a brick. Aside from that, the only thing that could seem like a brick with the stuff I had was a bug in the update script that killed the cache partition, and was only fixable by sending a 'fastboot erase cache'.

No other freaky stuff going on there..

And I assume you had the right base addresses and right HBOOTs for the stuff you were trying?
27th April 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
drewgaren,
Do you anticipate any issues with enabling 3G voice capability on your ICS build for the Flyer? I bought a 3G Flyer recently with the goal of having one device to use for all my mobile communications, but the LeeDroid HC version I've installed is not capable of bluetooth calling as well as exhibiting odd screen timeout issues after a call. These issues have been standing for months now so hope is fading that they will ever be fixed

(no, I do not want to go back to Gingerbread but I may end up biting that bullet in the meantime)
(and no I did not know LeeDroid's HC ROM had these issue before my buying decision because there was no "known issues" posting about it. I had to read through a large portion of the 230+ page thread afterwards to find out what was going on)
28th April 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 47

315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcord11758

Progress report posted yesterday on Drew's web site was a little disheartening. Good luck with your efforts

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

It's still early. He just got the Flyer.
28th April 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #88  
Flag Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
Thanks Meter: 28

188 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimeraPhone

drewgaren,
Do you anticipate any issues with enabling 3G voice capability on your ICS build for the Flyer? I bought a 3G Flyer recently with the goal of having one device to use for all my mobile communications,

ICS was always intended to be a phone and tablet OS (unified platform), whereas HC was tablet-only by design. The ICS phone and 3g shouldn't require the gymnastics Lee had to go through to get GSM calling to work, unless those require specific hardware drivers (which would be available via the stock GB ROM). HC had the phone innards disabled at the OS level.
28th April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #89  
Thanks Meter: 4,491

5,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimonson0

unless those require specific hardware drivers (which would be available via the stock GB ROM)

any specific reasons why you assume that we can just take drivers off a 2.3 rom for use with 4.x? if its all that easy, i would have gotten Bluetooth,hardware working long time ago on the 4.x rom of htc, which is native to htc hardware. but yet, some differences.

life is not that easy as you might assume here.
and compiling new drivers require hardware device driver development skills, which is not what is normal to develop, when proprietary drivers are in use. or you have to start from scratch.

best example is camera solution with 2.x/3.x was not a hw specific built device driver in a hw folder like previously. now it is, and where do you get that driver built unless you make a wrapper to use the old one, which again require more experience in driver programming.
28th April 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #90  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 511

3,304 posts
More
Closed source drivers are always the issue. IMO if companies are done with a product they should just release them.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc flyer, vanilla ics
Previous Thread Next Thread