FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[solved]BRICKed: inside eMMC's dead, with E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

27th April 2012, 11:43 AM |#111  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
That zip file is for G2 not for Desire S. Will this work really ?
 
 
28th April 2012, 09:19 PM |#112  
Senior Member
Flag SÚlestat
Thanks Meter: 20
 
Donate to Me
More
Catching the thread incidentally, haven't read all the latest developments, but to answer your question : Most likely. the Desire S and the G2/DesireZ are very similar as far as hardware goes. YMMV but by and large this holds true for .zipfiles that don't need a very low-level hardware access (=most of them, in practice).
5th May 2012, 11:52 PM |#113  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by touching80

where did you buy the replacement part?

hi..

yes we need it.. and what is the price for it..?
6th May 2012, 08:45 AM |#114  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
You dont need to buy that part. Try this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1575272
6th May 2012, 11:34 AM |#115  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowermne

You dont need to buy that part. Try this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1575272

hi..

i m the user of Riff and i m triyng to repair it by USB DCC Loader and after second restart the phone pc detects is as Unknown Device if i use the TP pc detect the device as Riff USB DCC Loader but this time not detecting the Flash ic.. this mean flash ic is totaly damaged. so i need to replace it..

thanx...
6th May 2012, 04:53 PM |#116  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So this guide won't work on desire s ( with fried emmc ) or your desire s is not working now because of riff ?
6th May 2012, 07:58 PM |#117  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowermne

So this guide won't work on desire s ( with fried emmc ) or your desire s is not working now because of riff ?

hi again..

i dont know this guide is working or not..it is customer's desire s and i really dont know the phone history.. jtag pins r broken but it is repairable with usb cable but eMMC totally dead..
6th May 2012, 08:18 PM |#118  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-mobile_mda

hi again..

i dont know this guide is working or not..it is customer's desire s and i really dont know the phone history.. jtag pins r broken but it is repairable with usb cable but eMMC totally dead..

Ok. You can buy emmc here: http://www.parts4repair.com/htc-desi...lash-chip-wit/
7th July 2012, 05:07 PM |#119  
kibril's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
Donate to Me
More
U can try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1756287

Sent from my fried HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app
9th July 2012, 09:05 PM |#120  
Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibril

U can try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1756287

Sent from my fried HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app


This is really working!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes