Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][DOCK][Updated] Disable popup and autoenable foreign layouts when docking

Tip us?

machwh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Fixed?

Over on http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1152317.html the last post says:

"The warning message has now been fixed, after the latest update 8.4.11. It now gives you the option of 'Do not show this again."

So maybe it's now fixed? (Don't have my Transformer at work to check for myself.)

MaluNoPeleke
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
You can use this as an executable (755) script file if you want to use another keyboard with another language

Code:
 #!/system/bin/bash
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mv /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm.orig
cp /system/usr/xt9/keychars/qwerty-de_DE.kcm /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm
mv /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl.orig
cp /system/usr/xt9/keylayout/qwerty-de_DE.kl /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
Just replace the "de_DE" parts with your language code.

modmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Just wanted to bump this b/c of the ICS release.
While those ADB commands give me a "segmentation fault"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad View Post
adb shell
su
pm disable com.nuance.xt9.input/.DockEventReceiver
the following procedure still works like a charm on ICS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad View Post
Locate your national keychars in /system/usr/xt9/keychars
mine is qwerty-it_IT.kcm
The first 2 character after the - is the language of the keyboard, in my case Italian, the 2 characher after the _ is the country of the keyboard, Italy in my case.

copy this file in /system/usr/keychars
rename the standard one asusec.kcm in asusec.kcm.old for backup purpose.
then rename the one you copied in asusec.kcm

Locate your national layout in /system/usr/xt9/keylayout
mine is qwerty-it_IT.kl

copy this file in /system/usr/keylayout
rename the standard one asusec.kl in asusec.kl.old for backup purpose.
then rename the one you copied in asusec.kl

reboot and you are all done
Thanks again for working this out!
Save a post - hit Thanks if I helped you!

robinsjanis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can anyone please make the dock keyboard work with latvian? i hate anysoftkeyboard, it stops working and its craching all the time.
i want to use dock like on a normal computer.

modmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Does latvia have its own keyboard layout or do you use one that another country uses as well? Which county abbreviation would it be (like en for English and de for German)?

RaymanFX
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 12385

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Doesn't work ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmatt View Post
the following procedure still works like a charm on ICS!
Doens' work for me, in fact, if I'm copying the de_DE files from Revolver 4 over to my EOS AOSP rom build and put the keychars (asusec.kcm) and the keylayout (asusec.kl) in their respective folders and reboot afterwards, nothing happens to the dock input. Still stays the same old QWERTY like before.

But I can see in file manager that the copying was successfull. New asusec.kl and asusec.kcm are there.

Someone help me ?

modmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You already mentioned the reason yourself, I think. As you are using an AOSP ROM it means that you're using a plain vanilla android basis, which - correct me if I'm wrong - obviously doesn't know anything about asus*.* keyboard files. Just copying some files somewhere is not enough to let the system know what to do with it.
You probably have to deal with some scripts, that are run at every start up, that give proper instructions for the operating system. Unfortunately this is way beyond my knowledge.

Helaas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by modmatt View Post
You already mentioned the reason yourself, I think. As you are using an AOSP ROM it means that you're using a plain vanilla android basis, which - correct me if I'm wrong - obviously doesn't know anything about asus*.* keyboard files. Just copying some files somewhere is not enough to let the system know what to do with it.
You probably have to deal with some scripts, that are run at every start up, that give proper instructions for the operating system. Unfortunately this is way beyond my knowledge.
What are you going on about? This works just fine on ICS with Revolver, just changed my dock back to azerty. rayman33 just did something wrong.

modmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Please read that rayman33 uses an AOSP ROM that has nothin to do with Asus. You are using Revolver, which is bases on Asus' original ROM - that is why it works for you but not for him.

rolandkohn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i just found this post as i'm having the very same issues using my transformer tf300 - currently running official stable CM10

the bad thing about it is only, in my CM10 i don't even have a /system/usr/xt9/ directory and when looking into the backup of my stock ASUS rom, I do have /system/usr/xt9/ and even subdirs keychars and keylayout, but without any content.

it would be lovely if someone would be so kind to suck out the de_CH files for me and could post them here!