ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE][DOCK][Updated] Disable popup and autoenable foreign layouts when docking

OP Azhad

28th July 2011, 04:20 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Talking Fixed?
Over on http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1152317.html the last post says:

"The warning message has now been fixed, after the latest update 8.4.11. It now gives you the option of 'Do not show this again."

So maybe it's now fixed? (Don't have my Transformer at work to check for myself.)
17th August 2011, 04:00 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 80

721 posts
Donate to Me
More
Arrow
You can use this as an executable (755) script file if you want to use another keyboard with another language

Code:
 #!/system/bin/bash
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mv /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm.orig
cp /system/usr/xt9/keychars/qwerty-de_DE.kcm /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm
mv /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl.orig
cp /system/usr/xt9/keylayout/qwerty-de_DE.kl /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
Just replace the "de_DE" parts with your language code.
26th February 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
Just wanted to bump this b/c of the ICS release.
While those ADB commands give me a "segmentation fault"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad

adb shell
su
pm disable com.nuance.xt9.input/.DockEventReceiver

the following procedure still works like a charm on ICS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad

Locate your national keychars in /system/usr/xt9/keychars
mine is qwerty-it_IT.kcm
The first 2 character after the - is the language of the keyboard, in my case Italian, the 2 characher after the _ is the country of the keyboard, Italy in my case.

copy this file in /system/usr/keychars
rename the standard one asusec.kcm in asusec.kcm.old for backup purpose.
then rename the one you copied in asusec.kcm

Locate your national layout in /system/usr/xt9/keylayout
mine is qwerty-it_IT.kl

copy this file in /system/usr/keylayout
rename the standard one asusec.kl in asusec.kl.old for backup purpose.
then rename the one you copied in asusec.kl

reboot and you are all done

Thanks again for working this out!
3rd March 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
can anyone please make the dock keyboard work with latvian? i hate anysoftkeyboard, it stops working and its craching all the time.
i want to use dock like on a normal computer.
4th March 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #15  

38 posts
Does latvia have its own keyboard layout or do you use one that another country uses as well? Which county abbreviation would it be (like en for English and de for German)?
4th March 2012, 12:11 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 12,579

784 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Doesn't work ?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by modmatt

the following procedure still works like a charm on ICS!

Doens' work for me, in fact, if I'm copying the de_DE files from Revolver 4 over to my EOS AOSP rom build and put the keychars (asusec.kcm) and the keylayout (asusec.kl) in their respective folders and reboot afterwards, nothing happens to the dock input. Still stays the same old QWERTY like before.

But I can see in file manager that the copying was successfull. New asusec.kl and asusec.kcm are there.

Someone help me ?
5th March 2012, 08:16 AM   |  #17  

38 posts
You already mentioned the reason yourself, I think. As you are using an AOSP ROM it means that you're using a plain vanilla android basis, which - correct me if I'm wrong - obviously doesn't know anything about asus*.* keyboard files. Just copying some files somewhere is not enough to let the system know what to do with it.
You probably have to deal with some scripts, that are run at every start up, that give proper instructions for the operating system. Unfortunately this is way beyond my knowledge.
27th April 2012, 12:43 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modmatt

You already mentioned the reason yourself, I think. As you are using an AOSP ROM it means that you're using a plain vanilla android basis, which - correct me if I'm wrong - obviously doesn't know anything about asus*.* keyboard files. Just copying some files somewhere is not enough to let the system know what to do with it.
You probably have to deal with some scripts, that are run at every start up, that give proper instructions for the operating system. Unfortunately this is way beyond my knowledge.

What are you going on about? This works just fine on ICS with Revolver, just changed my dock back to azerty. rayman33 just did something wrong.
28th April 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #19  

38 posts
Please read that rayman33 uses an AOSP ROM that has nothin to do with Asus. You are using Revolver, which is bases on Asus' original ROM - that is why it works for you but not for him.
26th January 2013, 11:35 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
i just found this post as i'm having the very same issues using my transformer tf300 - currently running official stable CM10

the bad thing about it is only, in my CM10 i don't even have a /system/usr/xt9/ directory and when looking into the backup of my stock ASUS rom, I do have /system/usr/xt9/ and even subdirs keychars and keylayout, but without any content.

it would be lovely if someone would be so kind to suck out the de_CH files for me and could post them here!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread