OP raptor402

26th April 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 5

94 posts
More
Hey all

Last year my beloved nexus one got screwed up after a networkfix.zip with CM7 nightlies. That means no network, no sound, no usb. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911746) I still had root, and could use my phone as a PDA, but then I upgraded to 2.3.6 through passimg and lost that too.

Now here's what I want to do. I want to downgrade to 2.3.3 so I can root again, but I get the main version is older error. My main version is 3.13.1700.1 so I can't even use the fixed rom for that.

I need help creating a 2.3.3 passimg with the main version set to 3.13.1700.1 or higher in the android-info.txt so I can root with gingerbreak and install a custom recovery. I would really love having root back again, till the time I can get a new device. So if anyone can make the passimg.zip for me, or guide me through the process, I'll be really grateful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Raptor
26th April 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Whiterun, Skyrim
Thanks Meter: 565

2,829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor402

Hey all

Last year my beloved nexus one got screwed up after a networkfix.zip with CM7 nightlies. That means no network, no sound, no usb. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911746) I still had root, and could use my phone as a PDA, but then I upgraded to 2.3.6 through passimg and lost that too.

Now here's what I want to do. I want to downgrade to 2.3.3 so I can root again, but I get the main version is older error. My main version is 3.13.1700.1 so I can't even use the fixed rom for that.

I need help creating a 2.3.3 passimg with the main version set to 3.13.1700.1 or higher in the android-info.txt so I can root with gingerbreak and install a custom recovery. I would really love having root back again, till the time I can get a new device. So if anyone can make the passimg.zip for me, or guide me through the process, I'll be really grateful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Raptor

If you are familiar with fastboot, try flashing system.img and boot.img seperatly. Also wipe the system partition. Maybe you have a AT&T Version?
26th April 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,847

7,570 posts
More
Did you follow the wiki

I seem to remember something about that in the wiki instructions
27th April 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 5

94 posts
More
I would use fastboot to just flash a custom recovery since I unlocked my bootloader long ago, but the problem is that the USB is no longer working. It charges and all that, but no interface connection. In other words, no computer, PC, Mac or Linux, recognized it. It doesn't even show up as an unrecognized device. No audio either. That's why I need to use the passimg method.

Regards
Raptor
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, main version, passimg, root
Previous Thread Next Thread