Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with passimg.zip

Tip us?

raptor402
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Exclamation Need help with passimg.zip

Hey all

Last year my beloved nexus one got screwed up after a networkfix.zip with CM7 nightlies. That means no network, no sound, no usb. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911746) I still had root, and could use my phone as a PDA, but then I upgraded to 2.3.6 through passimg and lost that too.

Now here's what I want to do. I want to downgrade to 2.3.3 so I can root again, but I get the main version is older error. My main version is 3.13.1700.1 so I can't even use the fixed rom for that.

I need help creating a 2.3.3 passimg with the main version set to 3.13.1700.1 or higher in the android-info.txt so I can root with gingerbreak and install a custom recovery. I would really love having root back again, till the time I can get a new device. So if anyone can make the passimg.zip for me, or guide me through the process, I'll be really grateful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Raptor

ShadowCodeGaming
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor402 View Post
Hey all

Last year my beloved nexus one got screwed up after a networkfix.zip with CM7 nightlies. That means no network, no sound, no usb. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911746) I still had root, and could use my phone as a PDA, but then I upgraded to 2.3.6 through passimg and lost that too.

Now here's what I want to do. I want to downgrade to 2.3.3 so I can root again, but I get the main version is older error. My main version is 3.13.1700.1 so I can't even use the fixed rom for that.

I need help creating a 2.3.3 passimg with the main version set to 3.13.1700.1 or higher in the android-info.txt so I can root with gingerbreak and install a custom recovery. I would really love having root back again, till the time I can get a new device. So if anyone can make the passimg.zip for me, or guide me through the process, I'll be really grateful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Raptor
If you are familiar with fastboot, try flashing system.img and boot.img seperatly. Also wipe the system partition. Maybe you have a AT&T Version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Pizza View Post
Fast and strong multitasking....? Did you recently get a brick in the head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalkerkg View Post
A phone is a phone, stop using it like it's a damn spaceship.
My weekly tech blog: shadowcodegaming.blogspot.com

Devices:
Nexus 5: 16GB Black. Stock. Not rooted.
Nexus 7: 32GB Black Wi-Fi only. Stock. Not rooted. Friggin broken. Stupid ASUS quality.

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1752
Did you follow the wiki

I seem to remember something about that in the wiki instructions
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

raptor402
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I would use fastboot to just flash a custom recovery since I unlocked my bootloader long ago, but the problem is that the USB is no longer working. It charges and all that, but no interface connection. In other words, no computer, PC, Mac or Linux, recognized it. It doesn't even show up as an unrecognized device. No audio either. That's why I need to use the passimg method.

Regards
Raptor
Tags
bricked, main version, passimg, root