Please help i will donate/ pay u

OP diskjockee

25th April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #11  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 12

116 posts
More
You probably have mismatch kernel and bootloader loader. Maybe you can try to wipe data / factory reset in recovery.

Sent from my Serendipity VII flashed Captivate using xda premium
25th April 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #12  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 756

671 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you continue to go into a bootloop then I recommend a USB jig for the galaxy s series. I had had that happen before, Nothing worked, couldnt get it into download mode, couldnt get into recovery, Until I got the USB jig, Fixed my problem right away, and I flashed back to stock. The USB jig is only 6 bucks on ebay. Ill link you if you are interested.
25th April 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #13  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,417

3,584 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitz Cash

You probably have mismatch kernel and bootloader loader. Maybe you can try to wipe data / factory reset in recovery.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but there is no such thing as a kernel/bootloader mismatch...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-eock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #14  
Flag Philadelphia

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-eock

I know you're trying to be helpful, but there is no such thing as a kernel/bootloader mismatch...

Are you sure? Becuz I tried to flash an overclock kernel on my rom, and kept getting a bootloop. Then after flashing a few different kernels, the kernel that came with my rom didn't even work. I had to go back to stock and reflash my rom.

Idk, maybe it was just me then. I apologize. thank you for correcting me, that's how we learn what's right, and what's wrong.

Last edited by Limitz Cash; 26th April 2012 at 02:16 PM.
26th April 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 5

55 posts
More
noob advice
I'm a noob, so this comment might just serve to show how little I know, but whenever I find myself in a bootloop situation, I've noticed that the problem starts with the initial attempt of installing a rom via a kernel with an older version of CWM. During the post-install boot sequence, I'll see the AT&T splash screen, a CWM screen with script running, and then a reboot. Usually, accessing the CWM (now on a higher version) and reinstalling the rom will get it working. Not quite kernel / bootloader mismatch, but close.
Last edited by whisky23; 26th April 2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: edit
The Following User Says Thank You to whisky23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #16  
Flag Philadelphia

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky23

I'm a noob, so this comment might just serve to show how little I know, but whenever I find myself in a bootloop situation, I've noticed that the problem starts with the initial attempt of installing a rom via a kernel with an older version of CWM. During the post-install boot sequence, I'll see the AT&T splash screen, a CWM screen with script running, and then a reboot. Usually, accessing the CWM (now on a higher version) and reinstalling the rom will get it working. Not quite kernel / bootloader mismatch, but close.

Ohh ok. That might have been my problem before. Thank you.

27th April 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 293

909 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try this.
Buy a jig. Either off of Ebay or mobiletechvideos.com
That week get you into download mode.
Then find the HEIMDALL flasher for a build. (my favorite was the one click for saurom Kk4)
Install heimdall drivers, and flash. Boom. Functioning phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to sepherian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread