If you are a Dev or experienced, knowledgeable user, I'm sure you see the benefit to answering once in a proper thread.
My thoughts so far:
1. Back everything up and fully charge your device.
2. Have a plan for what you will do if this fails and you brick your device.
2. Unlock your bootloader and Root your device. Link To Slapshot30's Superguide
4. Turn off security on your device (S-OFF) Link to Juopunutbear S-OFF Thread
5. Change your carrier id to "SuperCID" jmone's post on checking and changing your CID
6. Relock your bootloader.
7. This is the step I am unsure of... People seem to use some terms interchangeably, but I'm not sure it is reliable. For example, HBOOT, boot.img and kernal. I think the first two are synonymous but I'm not sure kernal is the same? Since there is no Bell or Rogers ICS, we are going to use another carrier's stock, or more likely, a custom ROM. I have read that you need to replace the HBOOT (boot.img?) with one that is a match for the ROM you wish to install. I think a match generally will be found by (ideally) using the HBOOT recommended by the ROM dev, or secondarily, using the HBOOT for the same carrier and same OS (eg if a rom is based on AT&T 2.3.7, then using the HBOOT extracted from the stock AT&T GB 2.3.7 RUU would work). So, we need to clarify the steps here for HBOOT/boot.img (and kernal?)
8. Install ICS ROM!
Noobs, etc: Ask away and as we get answers I will add them to the FAQ post.
For those that have been successful in applying ICS to their Canadian Raider, please provide precise, detailed explanation of how you did it!
DEV's & other experts, your input would be appreciated. In return, you'll minimize pages of unwanted posts elsewhere!