XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid 3 POSSIBLY getting ICS

Tip us?

pm2gonzales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Droid 3 POSSIBLY getting ICS

Saw this on droidforums and figured I could post here. It's just listed as an "upgrade" but not necessarily ICS. There was another list the confirmed ICS for other devices, but this list doesn't specify ICS as the upgrade. In fact, it just stated "Software Upgrade", not OS upgrade.

leerpsp
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Even if its not ics as long as its a big update all tho I will like it to be ics but I hope its a new os it will be cool if it was

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

slayer621
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Unfortunately, I believe the update they are talking about is 5.7.906. If they ENDED testing on March 14th, and 5.7.906 hasn't been released yet, I would be willing to bet that it is not ICS.
Droid 3 with Gummy 1.2.0 (Unthemed) [Retired]

Galaxy Nexus with CNA 3.6.6 and Franco's Kernel [Retired]

Galaxy S4 with KitKang 01-22-14 and Stock Kernel

Senate9690
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Its gotta be the 5.7.906 update or similar since the zip file for 906 is 224.85 MB which would round up to 225MB. Plus I highly doubt we'll get ICS before the Razr or the bionic.
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB (VZW), Gummy 2.1 (4.4.2) modified and built from source, TWRP 2.6.3.1 Touch Recovery, SanDisk Class10 64GB ExtSD
Moto Droid 3 - Gummy ICS 4.0.4 Modified Build 1.2.x built from source (retired)
Moto Droid 1 - ChevyNo1 SS 5.6 1.0Ghz LV Kernel (retired)

trisonics1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I second that. I don't think Motorola would ever come up with an ICS update for D3 as pretty soon D3 will be celebrating its 1st birthday. D3 was also not a money spinner for Verizon like the earlier versions. So, the most we'll be getting are the custom ones. Sorry if i sound pessimistic but its my opinion.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

Willis111
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 84
https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c still lists the milestone 3/xt860 and droid 3 as "evaluation & planning" for ics updates, been that way since they announced their plans to update other devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I work for AMD, and that's exactly how it's done... You manufacture a large batch of silicon, and based on testing, you separate the chips based on highest stable speed. We simply clock them lower and label them with another model number. This has been done since the beginning...

AragornPE
Old
Thanks Meter 46
D2/M2 just saw GB update after 14~15months from release

Rocking with my M3 and XDA app
Nokia E50[stolen] -> Nokia 6120[deprecated] -> Nokia 6710 Navigator[R.I.P] -> Nokia X6[sold] -> Milestone 2 [R.I.P] -> Milestone 3[gift] -> Galaxy Note [R.I.P.] -> Galaxy Note 3 N9005
Rest in Pieces