Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LiveView reverse-engineering effort

Tip us?

tumpin
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I just got my LiveView. Its actually a great device especially for the 20 I paid for it. Bit of a pain to get setup though. I use it mostly for controlling PowerAmp. Good luck on the re-engineering guys!
__
Sony W810i - One of the best phones ever. Sony X1 - Terrible, threw it away. Palm Pre - Nice OS, poor hardware. Samsung Galaxy S - Sweet! Pity about the lag. Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Really great! Nexus 7 3G - My hero! Samsung Ativ S - Incredible battery life! Nokia 1020 - Camera is immense.

GigiAUT
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysh View Post
My problem exactly! Which way do I go for the solution?

I 'm on a HTC one X (ICS), with sony app and Charm (solved random disconnects), but every single time I move out and in of distance, I have to pair twice.
Krysh, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and hope you have a rooted device. What you need is Root Explorer, or ES Explorer with all the Root permissions and settings set up.

Next thing you need to do is navigate to your root folder on your phone with either of the two apps, then go to this path:

Code:
/data/misc/bluetooth/
In that folder you'll find a folder with the MAC Address from your Bluetooth chipset. Go into that folder and open the file called "linkkeys".

In that you'll find the MAC Adresses for all the Bluetooth devices you've paired with. You'll have to try and find out which one is the LiveView (I've only ever paired the LiveView, but assuming it was the last device you paired with, it should be the very last entry in the list).

It should look something like
Code:
00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx DFBHF58FH7390FHBKLF -1 4
What you need to do is change the "-1" near the end of the string to "0", save, and then reboot your device (not necessary but just to make sure). After that you shouldn't get any new pairing requests. If it doesn't work, try pairing again and change the code just after you pair. If that doesn't work either, try swapping the "0 4" so it reads "4 0".

Hope it works for you!
Desire HD: MIUI v5
HP TouchPad: CM10 Preview
Zealz GK802: ICS 4.0.4 stock/rooted

Some of the music I've made :
Gigitsu.com
The Following User Says Thank You to GigiAUT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Krysh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
no root, i 'm afraid. Any other way to edit the file? eg. from pc?

maped
Old
Thanks Meter 313

DONATE TO ME
I'm looking forward to tomorrow comes my new LiveView bought for 20 euros ... I hope to bring my contribution in the short

Inviato dal mio Nexus S con Tapatalk 2

GigiAUT
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Damn....hmmm I'm not sure. I think you need root before you can edit the files, even with a pc. Try looking around on the forum. I found out how to fix it by mistake while I was searching for tips and tricks for the LiveView. Someone is bound to have a fix for non-rooted users.

*edit*

It might be possible with a PC and the Android SDK but I'm not experienced with that.
Desire HD: MIUI v5
HP TouchPad: CM10 Preview
Zealz GK802: ICS 4.0.4 stock/rooted

Some of the music I've made :
Gigitsu.com
The Following User Says Thank You to GigiAUT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

masayume
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
As GigiAUT pointed out you could use the ADK (Android Developer Kit) to do this as the shell will operate in root mode.

You will need to have the ADK setup on your pc
developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Installing this thing and getting it setup is outside the scope of my reply, but you can refer to:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1241935
Which is fairly comprehensive.

Once you have the ADK installed, you will need to:
  1. Go to settings on your phone, developer options, enable USB debugging.
  2. Connect your phone to your pc set-up with ADK and wait for windows to do it's thing with the drivers. Your drivers should be successfully installed at this point. If not then you will have to research yourself how to get it to work with your phone.
  3. Confirm that your device is recognised by ADB:

Code:
    adb devices
    You should see your device in the list.
  4. Next you will need to download the linkkeys file to your computer for edit:

Code:
    adb pull /data/misc/bluetooth/linkkeys
    This will download the file to your current working directory (i.e what it says to the left of your command prompt).
  5. Open this file up with notepad and perform the edits as per gigiAUT's instructions (post #192).
  6. Save this file and in your command shell type:
Code:
adb remount
This will mount your system directory as writable. Then type
Code:
adb push linkkeys /data/misc/bluetooth/
To transfer your edited file back to your device.
Note: "linkkeys" part is assuming that the edited file is in your working directory. If not replace with "path/to/file/linkkeys".

You might have to toggle your bluetooth or reboot for the changes to take effect.

Alternatively you can try rooting your device (I'm not sure if this tool supports the OneX, but I've had no issues with Galaxy and Transformer running ICS)
unlockroot.com/
It's free, it's quick. Install, plug in your phone (drivers need to be installed - refer to their documentation) click the big button and in about a minute your phone (with any luck) should reboot and it will now be rooted.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to masayume For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psycmos
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Really great work!!! i think this project will be suburb!!!
Xperia Z Unlocked BootLoader, thanks to DooMLoRD and DevShaft for prevent lost my DRM keys with Backup TA
ROM: [ROM][MIUI]MIUI for Xperia Z[3.9.27] By lpws521, Thanks a lot

Krysh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
gigiaut, masayume, the thanks button is not enough

atm, rooting the one x means using official htc tools, which voids warranty. that's a no go for me

I hope I manage to try the sdk in the weekend, many thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to Krysh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

morg01
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Seemed like this thread / dev was grinding to halt.

So i went and bought the latest smart watch, must say its seems good so far, picks up sms's from Handcent now (live view didn't) bluetooth connection is faultless so far (sgs2 has bt 3.0 which probably helps)

Generally the quality of the watch is much better including the bundled wrist band.

Firmware is updated via bluetooth now as opposed to plugged in via usb.

The only two negative remarks are it uses a proprietary connection for charging which is a pain to have to have it with you at work etc, and my standard email client (samsung) doesn't seem to show up any notifications, hopefully that will be sorted in time?

Sent via courier pigeon
Note 3 SM-N9005
SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC

- - - - If in doubt use google to seach the forum - - -

bogdan5844
Old
Thanks Meter 37
So, now that the Smart Watch is out, will we see any continued progress on this ? Or is the LiveView dead for the devs ?
Badabing, badabang, badaboom.

Tags
github, livelierview, liveview, reverse-engineer