Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen protector

Tip us?

Victor_Sp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I`ve got some technical questions: does anybody know about specifications of sony`s scratch resistat glass?
I mean it absolute hardness (or Mohs hardness) and does it have any oleophobic coating?

Overdose1986
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_Sp View Post
I`ve got some technical questions: does anybody know about specifications of sony`s scratch resistat glass?
I mean it absolute hardness (or Mohs hardness) and does it have any oleophobic coating?
Yes it have oleophobic coat, and works better than "Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Optics]" oleophobic protector, I got one and is useless on xperia arc, just dont need it

Tarzan-
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridaki View Post
Factory Screen Protector is nothing but extra-thin... Try extra-thick.
It's 3 times thicker than a normal screen protector and it gets greasy from fingertips way too fast. I removed it after a week and applied a matte screen protector I got from eBay. Screen brightness is reduced but no more finger marks on the screen. A clear one should be perfect.
Could you please tell me which one in particular you bought or was it just a generic one from China ? I bought a few but they were rubbish.

Sent from my LT18i using XDA
Nokia 3230 Nokia 7610 Nokia N95 Sony Ericsson PDA HTC Tytyn II HTC Desire Nokia N9 Xperia Arc S Motorola Droid Razr Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Galaxy Note II HTC ONE Silver Sony Xperia Z Ultra Note 3 Galaxy S5 LG G3

TheHaso
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengence_angels View Post
yes that is true..

once u remove the top film..
look carefully..
factory fitted screen protector is on the screen..

also there is an extra protector amongst the warranty card and papers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferis View Post
Yes, mine had already a screen protector installed. An theres an extra in the box.
And there was a really leathercase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by george232 View Post
There can be regional differences of course (some parts of Europe get a 16GB SDHC and a leather case...), but supposedly the protector is extremely hard to see. It was the same with the X10, and most people didn't even realize there was a protector installed and put another one right over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssindi View Post
Just noticed it had a protector already installed. I installed the one that came in the box, so I now have to protectors on the screen lol.

Clarivue recently released protectors for the Arc. Cant post a link cuz I'm new here!

I like their anti glare protectors, because fingerprint marks are not as visible - which is very important for me for a touch screen device.

Although they are a little more expensive, you get two in a pack. You can use coupon clear630 and get 10% off. If your ordering 3 or more items you get another 10% off.

I got my Arc 3 days after it came out in Dubai, checked clarivue that day they didn't have them for the Arc, so I ordered anti-glare protectors from eBay. I checked clarivue again yesterday and they had them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz1983 View Post
lol i also didnt notice thrs a preinstalled sp on the screen thus applied the extra sp.. now i have double protection!!! lol...
The pre-installed film, aint it the shatter-protection ? :S :S

Flo95
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Dropped mine without the shutter screen two times, well one time a girl dropped it (grrr) and the screen is fine

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
Samsung Galaxy S4 - White Frost - Beats by Dr. Dre urBeats 2
HTC One X - Polar White
Apple iPad 2 - iOS 6.1.3

Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped you

deadman3000
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Screen protectors on this phone are a waste of time unless you are a builder. The screen is anti-scratch anyhow and oleophobic (resistant to fingerprints). I had one on for a couple of days and took it off. Much better! More sensitive and if your fingers are not sweaty I hardly see any finger smudges. Also it's a LOT easier to clean with a glasses cleaning cloth.

Also I keep mine in a soft case anyhow in my pocket so that helps protect it. Plus I have it on a neck lanyard for those butterfinger moments
The Following User Says Thank You to deadman3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Marcell96
Old
Thanks Meter 111
The Arc S should have scratch resistant screen,

I don't know if a screenprotector is really needed?
SE Xperia Arc S CM10.1 & Unlocked BL & Root
Nandroid backups and System folder for Xperia Arc (S)

Thanking me is totally Free, just locate the button
Previous: Samsung Galaxy 5 and SE Xperia Neo

alfiemenace
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcell96 View Post
The Arc S should have scratch resistant screen,

I don't know if a screenprotector is really needed?
i too was confused because others say nothing, read older posts. so I just put one atop of the original screen protector. It's better safe than sorry

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

meyourchum
Old
(Last edited by meyourchum; 26th April 2013 at 02:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Default I am using Amzer Matte Finish Screen Protector

I am using Amzer Matte Finish Screen Protector on my Arc S.I never noticed any touch sensitivity issues.The thing which i admire most is the smoothness, Anti Finger Print, Anti Glare and Dust repelling too.It provides easy to use skins while reducing the glare, easily usable all the times while keeping it protected.It held up after undertaking keys, scratches and other small mishaps and still worked perfectly even if it did show some very minor damage.It is much easier to view either in the fluorescent lighting of the office or just outside in a bright, sunny day.
It Reduces 90% of UV Rays Caused by Reflected Light, Protecting your Eyes. Easy to remove without any adhesive or marks. Smudge repellant, will not leave oily marks from fingers. Bubble-free application.
dr a N g

The Following User Says Thank You to meyourchum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naphtali
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using SGP Ultra Fine. And so far, there's no problem. ^^ It has good quality and when I bought it, I got two. ^^ It has anti fingerprint and anti glare feature. Also, the sensitivity on my Arc S is still good. ^^

Bought it on e-bay.