5,594,700 Members 33,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bloatware... what's safe to remove from MT4G?

Tip us?

crazykas
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloerthinmost View Post
So I deleted the first faves file today using titanium, and when it reboots I get a loop where it can not load htc sense. I was able to get the phone off without pulling the batt. and powered on with volume down. When it asked if I wanted to update I said yes, and it restored all of the files I had deleted. And the phone worked again. Why am I not able to remove this file? My wife wanted screenshot, so I had to learn how to root our phones. Now I am interested in learning about this.

She just wanted screenshot, and longer batt life? She does not want me to f her phone up. The way I see it I can upgrade phones if needed. I have spent many hours over the last 2 weeks learning how to do this without fkn our phones up. I got lucky today and was able to fix it, but how do I make sure that I do not brick my phone?
Use No Bloat app to remove system apps.It will automatically back up apps before deleting.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazykas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

estallings15
Old
Thanks Meter 2583
Also, before you mess with it, make a backup in recovery. That is much easier to restore to.
If you've helped me I'll be sure and hit the "Thanks" button. Please do the same for me!

Proud owner of a Nexus 4 5
and a myTouch 4G

..Cory..
Old
Thanks Meter 2295

DONATE TO ME
Here's my suggestion. Take everything off that you don't want; any apps, games or Widgets. If you don't know what something is its probably safer to leave it!

Sent from my ROOTIE TOOTIE FRESH N' FRUITY Glacier

XDA Contributor

Nexus 4 | HTC One XL | SGH-T989

goo.im | dev-host | XDA

Respect the rules. ↔ Respect the forums. ↔ Respect the community.

..Cory..
Old
Thanks Meter 2295

DONATE TO ME
Or you can even make a Nandroid backup and remove everything you want. If something screws up, restore from your Nandroid and don't remove what messed it up. trial and error

Sent from my ROOTIE TOOTIE FRESH N' FRUITY Glacier

XDA Contributor

Nexus 4 | HTC One XL | SGH-T989

goo.im | dev-host | XDA

Respect the rules. ↔ Respect the forums. ↔ Respect the community.

Phateless
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Use root explorer and instead of deleting apps, just rename them from .apk to .bak so they can't run and use ram. That way if you screw something up you can just rename it back.

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST