27th April 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #31  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,348

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry guys. Closed....
Closing the thread. Explanation in first post.
27th April 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #32  
Flag Evergreen State
Thanks Meter: 234

463 posts
More
Thanks for the update.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2012, 06:49 AM   |  #33  
Recognized Contributor
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 490

675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry, but I haven't seen anyone kanging the Tweaks app at all. Could you please provide more info on who is doing the kanging here? Just a bit more clarification on the issue, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to cruzin_cruzing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #34  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 17

227 posts
More
All of this has happened before and all will happen again.

There is no respect left. People just do not care.

That is why big companys are at war right now over patents. Because of stealing each others crap and using it as their own.

Is there no honesty left in the world?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
Last edited by carlosjcar; 27th April 2012 at 02:02 PM.
27th April 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #35  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 53

515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzin_cruzing

Sorry, but I haven't seen anyone kanging the Tweaks app at all. Could you please provide more info on who is doing the kanging here? Just a bit more clarification on the issue, thanks.

It didn't take me long to find some of what he's talking about. Below is a post I found with a quick search. I'm not going to link to the site or the "Dev"... the guy did give credit but I there is no response to this post.

"pirateghost

Android Apprentice
Members
40 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:41 PM
I am curious to know how you got GSLEON to agree to let you cook his mods into the rom since his FIRST POST on the mod thread says it is NOT to be cooked into roms... "

It is a sad to see the level to which people will go to to try and make a buck. I can't say I'm that surprised but the future doesn't look to bright here.
27th April 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #36  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 125

756 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anit77

It didn't take me long to find some of what he's talking about. Below is a post I found with a quick search. I'm not going to link to the site or the "Dev"... the guy did give credit but I there is no response to this post.

"pirateghost

Android Apprentice
Members
40 posts

I am curious to know how you got GSLEON to agree to let you cook his mods into the rom since his FIRST POST on the mod thread says it is NOT to be cooked into roms... "

It is a sad to see the level to which people will go to to try and make a buck. I can't say I'm that surprised but the future doesn't look to bright here.

What's even worse is the fact that all these new ics roms for our vivid/holiday/raider have at least on of the mods GSLEON. Why is it so hard to follow simple directions? This issue is going to destroy the community that we have.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
27th April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #37  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 323

595 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

Closing the thread. Explanation in first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anit77

"pirateghost

Android Apprentice
Members
40 posts

Whoa.... Hey mate I did give you the credits, I respect your and any others developers work. I do know how much it takes to port a single mod. I never said that It was mine or I created it. Whether it may be XDA or Rootzwiki or whatever. I gave you credits and to others as well where it was due . Well I agree I used it even though it was clearly written that not to cook in to any rom.
Please let me know if you want me to take it down right away. I dont want that the rants and flames start once again.
The Following User Says Thank You to contactwajeeh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #38  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Central Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 2,126

2,886 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactwajeeh

Whoa.... Hey mate I did give you the credits, I respect your and any others developers work. I do know how much it takes to port a single mod. I never said that It was mine or I created it. Whether it may be XDA or Rootzwiki or whatever. I gave you credits and to others as well where it was due . Well I agree I used it even though it was clearly written that not to cook in to any rom.
Please let me know if you want me to take it down right away. I dont want that the rants and flames start once again.

It might help to remove it now. Damage has been done though, people asked, gsleon answered, no one cared

Lol it's like my 4 year old who asks mom something, then comes to me when she doesn't like the answer, and if she still doesn't get the answer she was looking for she does it anyway.. then she's disciplined
27th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #39  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 53

515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactwajeeh

I'm not going to get into a he said she said here or start anything that is considered flaming.

Based on what you just said you either didn't read the beginning of his 1st post, in both threads, or you didn't care. At the very least you should have made contact with him regarding the use of his work when he stated he didn't want it cooked in. The guy is/was almost single-handedly trying to make this forum a better place for the dev's and the users. All of this when he stated he didn't want to be a Mod anymore but did so to help the community. I can only assume he takes this type of stuff as a big slap in the face.

Since you didn't contact him previously you might want to take this opportunity to shoot him a pm. That way you can handle this outside of the public eye and hopefully come to some kind of understanding.

Have a good one.
28th April 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #40  
Recognized Contributor
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 490

675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wrong topic.
Last edited by cruzin_cruzing; 28th April 2012 at 12:50 AM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread