Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What will be the next QWERTY slider for you? Rumors welcome...

Tip us?

Some_dude36
Old
(Last edited by Some_dude36; 26th April 2012 at 05:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2010 View Post
ok, here is sort a dream: if Samsung would put the Sidekick 4G keyboard on the Galaxy S III! i would buy that SO fast! otherwise i just gotta wait and see what comes out i guess, there is nothing that i know of yet.

Tmobile did say the Sidekick line would continue, and if they could keep the great keyboard, AND bring up the other specs closer to a high-end device, i would get that.
indeed thats the only thing I didnt like about the sidekick line . it seemed to be not as hardware intensive so kids could have a cool phone that didnt break the parents bank .... although I will say the sidekick 4g stepped it up a bit but if I were to get one id wanna see dual core atleast 8mp cam 1080 you know all the minimum specs to make it a superphone

But I just looked and apparently Tmo is discontinuing the sidekick line
http://www.tmonews.com/2012/03/t-mob...ollow-up-soon/

Honestly I think the MT4GS may be the last of the great qwerty's -__-

yogi2010
Old
(Last edited by yogi2010; 26th April 2012 at 05:32 AM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_dude36 View Post
indeed thats the only thing I didnt like about the sidekick line . it seemed to be not as hardware intensive so kids could have a cool phone that didnt break the parents bank .... although I will say the sidekick 4g stepped it up a bit but if I were to get one id wanna see dual core atleast 8mp cam 1080 you know all the minimum specs to make it a superphone

But I just looked and apparently Tmo is discontinuing the sidekick line
http://www.tmonews.com/2012/03/t-mob...ollow-up-soon/

Honestly I think the MT4GS may be the last of the great qwerty's -__-
whoa, you scared me for a minute there, but i think that was just the announcement for the Sidekick 4G being retired. 3 days after that article came this one, where they say the Sidekick line will continue(well, it's a little vague, but...):

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/03/t-mob...will-continue/

but yeah, the Sidekick 4G isn't bad at all, once they fixed some bugs and after i rooted and debloated it... i'm actually using that device over the MT4GS for a few weeks now. the processor is good, the screen is good enough for me, the keyboard is awesome; where they skimped i guess is on the smaller amt. of ROM/RAM, and on the 3 MP camera, which is kinda low for these days. but i really dig the physical design, the way the screen tilts slightly forward, etc.

that would be awesome to see what you described. it seems kinda like a no-brainer that that would be an awesome phone! i potentially wouldn't mind if they also upped the screen to 3.6 or 3.7 in. maybe

Some_dude36
Old
(Last edited by Some_dude36; 26th April 2012 at 05:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Oh , im sorry yea I saw that when I looked back it was just a EOL for the sidekick 4g .

Yea if they made a updated sidekick atleast 1.2 duallie , 8mp cam 1080 , Super amoled? gorilla glass? TV out ? oh man id be all over that bad boy

Look at the specs on this beast
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascen...ad_xl-4569.php not a qwerty though
1.5 ghz quad core , TV OUT 8gb rom , 1gb ram

I wonder what the quality of huawei is ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Some_dude36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ravi_n
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_dude36 View Post
I wonder what the quality of huawei is ?
We'll find out soon enough. They're doing some new myTouches (including a low-end QWERTY, IIRC).
The Following User Says Thank You to ravi_n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unrelashade
Old
(Last edited by Unrelashade; 26th April 2012 at 04:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Hark my dear qwerty loving fellows!
I forecast a neeewww era of qwerty phones, which will work like that:

Buy qwerty-keyboard-equipment specially crafted for your next multi-core, hd display, uber slim device. Since it is so uber slim, it is not a problem to make it a bit thicker by attaching an external USB-keyboard. Also, by not needing any battery it will stay pretty slim and still feel good in your pocket. For the power users who want it, there can be even an additional battery, like for the Asus Transformer. You might also be able to use the keyboard as a charging device/ spare battery, even if you don't use the keyboard. (For trips, e.g.)

USB Android keyboard already exist (http://gigaom.com/mobile/how-to-add-...android-phone/) and smaller ones already exist for the iPhone (blurgh) even if it only works through bluetooth and needs its own battery to work (http://www.gizmag.com/nuu-minikey-sl...phone-4/18612/)

What do you say? U like? Or unrealistic?
Regards
Unrelashade

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Also, keep your eyes open for the Motorola Jet. Although I can't find any news on it newest seems to be this:
http://www.androidauthority.com/best...ne-2012-42303/

Some_dude36
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_n View Post
We'll find out soon enough. They're doing some new myTouches (including a low-end QWERTY, IIRC).
Yea I saw the huawei mytouch qwerty vid . yuck 5mp cam single core processor.. no thanks I really liked the HTC line wish more people had bought so HTC didnt go EOL on qwerty's

rorytmeadows
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrelashade View Post
Hark my dear qwerty loving fellows!
I forecast a neeewww era of qwerty phones, which will work like that:

Buy qwerty-keyboard-equipment specially crafted for your next multi-core, hd display, uber slim device. Since it is so uber slim, it is not a problem to make it a bit thicker by attaching an external USB-keyboard. Also, by not needing any battery it will stay pretty slim and still feel good in your pocket. For the power users who want it, there can be even an additional battery, like for the Asus Transformer. You might also be able to use the keyboard as a charging device/ spare battery, even if you don't use the keyboard. (For trips, e.g.)

USB Android keyboard already exist (http://gigaom.com/mobile/how-to-add-...android-phone/) and smaller ones already exist for the iPhone (blurgh) even if it only works through bluetooth and needs its own battery to work (http://www.gizmag.com/nuu-minikey-sl...phone-4/18612/)

What do you say? U like? Or unrealistic?
Regards
Unrelashade

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Also, keep your eyes open for the Motorola Jet. Although I can't find any news on it newest seems to be this:
http://www.androidauthority.com/best...ne-2012-42303/
I'd love to buy an Asus Transformer Prime Mini!!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
RTM

XDA's #1 Apple hater

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted Stock 4.2.2
Transformer Prime Androwook 1.51 HairyBean 1.7Mhz, 4.2 Launcher

monkor
Old
Thanks Meter 114
No matter what cool QWERTY sliders come out, I'm going to go ahead and assume none of them will make it to T-Mobile. Still, the prices and customer service are great, so I have no intention of abandoning them. Having 4 major phone companies definitely helps keep things competitive. That being said, god I wish for once we'd get something like the Motorola Jet...

Blue6IX
Old
Thanks Meter 1133

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkor View Post
No matter what cool QWERTY sliders come out, I'm going to go ahead and assume none of them will make it to T-Mobile. Still, the prices and customer service are great, so I have no intention of abandoning them. Having 4 major phone companies definitely helps keep things competitive. That being said, god I wish for once we'd get something like the Motorola Jet...
My carrier loyalty goes where the hardware takes me. On that account, the only reason I am with T-mo is due to the doubleshot. If this was a sprint device, i'd be with them.

If another carrier comes out with a device with a hardware keyboard and S4 or greater chipset, I'll be on their network in the blink of an eye.

I had a second doubleshot with no sim card or cell service for a while, I can find enough wifi that the carrier is really irrelevant when it all comes down to it .

Sent from a digital distance.
Nook Color: MicroSD info: Here and Here.

--> RTFM <-- | XDA Mantra - Spirit of XDA | ... Donations? Read this

monkor
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX View Post
My carrier loyalty goes where the hardware takes me. On that account, the only reason I am with T-mo is due to the doubleshot. If this was a sprint device, i'd be with them.

If another carrier comes out with a device with a hardware keyboard and S4 or greater chipset, I'll be on their network in the blink of an eye.

I had a second doubleshot with no sim card or cell service for a while, I can find enough wifi that the carrier is really irrelevant when it all comes down to it .

Sent from a digital distance.
I envy your ability to be so flexible, not a bad trait to have.

I live just on the outskirts of DC, so I could technically get any carrier. But I previously had AT&T, and their customer service was brutal. Verizon is the best obviously, but it's also too expensive for my taste. And for whatever reason T-Mobile gives me, essentially, unlimited data (I've gone over 8 GB *intentionally* more than one time without being throttled; I pay for 2GB) for dirt cheap and I have perfect service at my house. For me, it's a no brainer.

Very true, that the Wi-Fi infrastructure is greatly improving. Having a signal doesn't mean the end of the world, in most cases.