OP c5satellite2

27th April 2012, 10:19 AM   |  #121  
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 113

1,348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apothecode

Even though I'm looking to get my first android phone now, I'm no stranger to android. I've been working as an android developer for a bit over 2 years now and have 6+ android phones on my desk at any given time.

I had high hopes for the One X. Though I love Stock ICS, HTC's lightweight sense 4 will likely be serviceable. I do not like Samsung's TouchWiz.

The lack of sd slot bugs me. Especially on a device with 16GB total storage! 32GB internal storage would be a fair compromise since I would store my music in the "cloud". 16GB is just too tight even with that.

My other reservation with this device is the poor battery life that has been reported.

I understand the benefit to creating a unibody phone that cannot be opened. I even appreciate some benefits that gives us. However, it seems like HTC went a little too far with form over function this time around, so I'm still waiting for the perfect android phone.

well, "lightweight sense 4.0"
bull****. my phone uses over 700mb RAM the whole time. mostly i have only 200-350mb RAM free. yes, that's enough, but still this sucks
AOSP android on my HD2 didn't even use 200mb
i can't stand sense, i hope there's a AOSP ROM soon.. and today i'm gonna try that ROM "exodized" wich should be near AOSP..

else, the batterylife is the best i experienced so far. i'm just used to have a spare battery..
i don't mind the lack of the SD Slot, but i need to be able to remove the battery.. that sucks a bit, even if the battery is doing good in the HOX..
27th April 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #122  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 67

506 posts
More
Google is selling the official Android device right from them....
Say what you want HTC executives but I will only buy a official Android device from now on! Idc about two" Bloat apps(Verizon Gnex)
Compared to 10 or more! So...
And its a crime to advertise 16gb and bloat half of them up with carrier BS!
I've owned plenty of your devices, the last (HTC evo 3d) was in a otterbox defender case, and the cheap battery back cover started showing gapps in the creases???
Also your screens need not have so much space in-between. Some people (HTC) believe that heavy means quality, NOT ME HTC!!!!! The bigger they are the harder they fall. Anyone heard of that?
Well thanks OP for letting me get this off my chest.. I've spent most of my Android life using HTC devices Ugh!

PS: s-on sucks!

sent from a Android device
I'm always on!
Last edited by axne1; 27th April 2012 at 02:30 PM.
27th April 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #123  
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 113

1,348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axne1

Google is selling the official Android device right from them....
Say what you want HTC executives but I will only buy a official Android device from now on! Idc about two" Bloat apps(Verizon Gnex)
Compared to 10 or more! So...
And its a crime to advertise 16gb and bloat half of them up with carrier BS!
I've owned plenty of your devices, the last (HTC evo 3d) was in a otterbox defender case, and the cheap battery back cover started showing gapps in the creases???
Also your screens need not have so much space in-between. Some people (HTC) believe that heavy means quality, NOT ME HTC!!!!! The bigger they are the harder they fall. Anyone heard of that?
Well thanks OP for letting me get this off my chest.. I've spent most of my Android life using HTC devices Ugh!

PS: s-on sucks!

sent from a Android device
I'm always on!

well, but me.
i hate the paperfeeling of the GSII and all the other samsungs
i want a heavy phone, that feels like something real expensive, but it has to have a nice design.
the OneX has a nice design, but it's already too light.. but still the feel is nice, thanks to the awsome build

but in the rest, i think i agree with you xP
27th April 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkSoRRoW

well, i already ordered my One X.
i finally need a new phone..

but srsly, the One X IS a flagship device. they promised us quality, they brought us quality.
all three One devices are pure quality, beautiful and strong.

but sure, i don't get the point why there is no exchangable battery or a SDCard slot.
i need those things.. even with 32gb internal memory, i need my SDCard. it's just more versatile.
and i NEED a second battery to be sure to get through the whole weekend without having to recharge

things just stop to be versatile. i don't like this..
but i'll try it, i want to give HTC a chance, they deserved it.

They deserved what? They deserved to serve your need better. Don't be a kid. If you don't like it. Go and buy something else!
27th April 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 1,137

1,771 posts
Donate to Me
Disappointing.

Drop hardware keyboards, so already have me looking for another manufacturer, which both opens and pushes me out the door.

Can't change the battery...slams the door behind me.

No microsd slot - locks the door and ensures I won't return.

HTC - what have you done? 3 months ago I couldn't imagine ever buying a device from another manufacturer and sung your praises to anyone who would listen.

I was able to articulate categorically why an HTC device was the right one to buy, and provide intelligent arguments to people countering their 'but I like this other thing' arguments with cold hard facts and proof of superiority.

Now?

I can't imagine ever buying an HTC device again and find myself arguing for anything else that ISN'T an HTC device.

I may not be able to tell people what to get, but I don't hesitate to tell anyone who listens why they should not even consider an HTC device in their choices.

Hope you hear that, HTC - while I may not have any suggestions on what to purchase, the only advice I give anymore is don't buy HTC.

Sad, sad state of affairs.

If I had a facebook, I would post this. If someone else would like to quote this to the HTC facebook page and attribute it to my XDA username, i'd appreciate it.

Typed up on my doubleshot - the last HTC device I am likely to own.
28th April 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #126  
Flag Caldwell
Thanks Meter: 111

468 posts
More
It does suck due to the fact that there isn't an sd card slot....but I don't think it should be to hard to transfer your stuff from an old device to your new device doing it on a pc. Unless you can't, then that sucks a lot

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using XDA
28th April 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #127  
Account currently disabled

4 posts
HTC is so good
jianC
28th April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #128  

n/a posts
spam hTC's facebook page :P
28th April 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #129  
Thanks Meter: 17

228 posts
More
I love my HTC hd2! Without an SD card? Mmm I wouldn't of bought it!!!! Bad mive

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 09:19 AM   |  #130  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 36

356 posts
More
lol sounds like htc wants to lose more market share to samsung.

smartphones are becoming more and more like laptops and desktops.

more open os, replacable parts, we basically want more options at a cheaper price.

I wish there was a phone I could just pop open and upgrade the cpu and ram when it's outdated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread