Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

AGPS Patch Iconia 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

OP crypted

24th April 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #381  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 24

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Allright, isn't ICS coming to this device relatively soon? If the updating problem still exists there, and GPS still struggles, I may write an update script to create new flashable ZIP files weekly for this device.

That's kind of what I'm waiting for. I don't want to go to all the time of fixing something that Acer may very well fix in the final ICS. If they release the final version and it's still messed up, I'll look into writing a script. Updating the LTO is not too much of a bother.
24th April 2012, 01:36 AM   |  #382  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,135

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificwing

That's kind of what I'm waiting for. I don't want to go to all the time of fixing something that Acer may very well fix in the final ICS. If they release the final version and it's still messed up, I'll look into writing a script. Updating the LTO is not too much of a bother.

Let me know. Maybe we can work together to put together a working script into this package for everyone.

Currently, this works for a number of users but not for others. Could be we end up with a joint development that will work for all.
24th April 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #383  
Thanks Meter: 26

181 posts
The genuine "official" date on which they will "START" pushing ICS to the Iconia A500 is last stated to be 4/27. Hopefully we'll start seeing some action then on getting the update.

I don't know if this will matter in your plans to create an automatically updating utility, but it seems ICS has "abandoned" some longstanding file transfer abilities, most notably being able to connect by USB as a "Mass Storage" device. In so doing, they are seeking to limit which files can actually be copied. I ran afoul of this issue in 2 different ICS ROMs which interfered with my weekly routine of backing up both Internal Storage and External SD. I know there is a project underway here on XDA to restore Mass Storage access to ICS on some phones, but it did not work for me on the A500. Hopefully it won't prevent what you would need to do to keep things updated for the GPS Fix.
27th April 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #384  
Thanks Meter: 9

371 posts
Does anyone uploaded new stock rom on A500??does it have a gps fix????
27th April 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #385  
Thanks Meter: 26

181 posts
I read on another forum that the ICS update has been posted here as a zip file, but I haven't looked for it yet in the index. Those who have updated OTA and mentioned the GPS say it locks much paster now. One member said he locked 6 sats in just a few seconds.
27th April 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #386  
Flag Miami, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandroid

I read on another forum that the ICS update has been posted here as a zip file, but I haven't looked for it yet in the index. Those who have updated OTA and mentioned the GPS say it locks much paster now. One member said he locked 6 sats in just a few seconds.

So for those using OTA's or OTA bases, I might finally be marginalized completely!
28th April 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #387  

371 posts
could anyone post the gps patch of new ossicial rom??
28th April 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #388  
Flag Miami, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drharisis

could anyone post the gps patch of new ossicial rom??

So you want someone to post some patch made by another person here? I'm confused.
28th April 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #389  

371 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

So you want someone to post some patch made by another person here? I'm confused.

hehehe....I mean you crypted....please fix it....
Last edited by drharisis; 28th April 2012 at 08:50 PM.
30th April 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #390  
Flag Houston, Tx
Thanks Meter: 56

640 posts
Donate to Me
More
Best I can tell ICS broke GPS completely.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, iconia, lock, slow
Previous Thread Next Thread