XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Muffled sound. Fed up!

Tip us?

tboy2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Default Muffled sound. Fed up!

virtually every person who speaks to me says they can't hear me clearly. I have a muffled voice. Am really fed up and don't know whether to return phone or not. I love the phone but this problem is very very frustrating. I tried the finger/tape over the secondary mic trick but does not seem to help. Am using the titan 1 on O2 network with latest os update. Help please :(

Unlocked Samsung Ativ S
Dell Venue 8 Pro 64gb Windows 8.1
Dell Inspiron One 2320 AIO (QuadCore i7-2600S 2.80GHz, 8gig Ram, 2TB HD) Windows 8.1

*List of WP8 Apps & Games at Full Screen Resolution, No Black Bars*

*My Surface Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*My Leo Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*Make your own HD2 self-contained Kickstand*

turbokenta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had the exact same problem. Had the titan exchanged for a new one (Build date one the original was early november 2011, late december on the replacement). Same problem with the replacement unit, so they (Microsoft Store) replaced it with the titan 2, and no voice problems at all.

tboy2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Alas I don't think I can get it replaced for a Titan 2 as I am in the UK and Titan 2 is for US market only.

Unlocked Samsung Ativ S
Dell Venue 8 Pro 64gb Windows 8.1
Dell Inspiron One 2320 AIO (QuadCore i7-2600S 2.80GHz, 8gig Ram, 2TB HD) Windows 8.1

*List of WP8 Apps & Games at Full Screen Resolution, No Black Bars*

*My Surface Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*My Leo Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*Make your own HD2 self-contained Kickstand*

Erik Latranyi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
My Titan had the recption issue (random disconnect, weak signal) and the same poor sound quality for the person on the other end.

I accidentally dropped it and shattered the screen. Purchased a Titan II on eBay and it works absolutely flawlessly!

AndyFZ1S
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Sounds like you got one of the dodgy ones, There were early batches with this problem, Never had this issue myself on O2 UK, I have had 2 titans as one already went back as the screen died and got a replacement with diff IMEI number, Looks like you gotta send it back to shop or use the HTC repair Centre Huntington, Got mine back in 4 days and no trouble since, The shop should replace the handset, Best of luck and hope you are eventually happy with your new one.