Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

V21Y OTA update starting April 23rd

Tip us?

gpmartinson
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggars1923 View Post
I am using weapons but get FC every time I try to check for an update. I assume the only solution is to flash stock and check?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

OK next question - I reverted back to stock on downloaded the OTA. When I reboot to install it immediately boots up CWM - do I "apply update from sdcard"?
Stock is a nandroid backup. You'll need to unrar it and then put it in the correct folder on the sdcard. Last, choose backup and restore and then restore this folder...

Beggars1923
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmartinson View Post
Stock is a nandroid backup. You'll need to unrar it and then put it in the correct folder on the sdcard. Last, choose backup and restore and then restore this folder...
Is there a link to exactly what I need to do, kind of lost. I may just update it manually via LG tool. Was trying to keep it easy.

gpmartinson
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default how to

Quote:
Is there a link to exactly what I need to do, kind of lost. I may just update it manually via LG tool. Was trying to keep it easy.
http://theunlockr.com/2011/05/23/how...-t-mobile-g2x/
also has a video on how to do the whole process. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1048274 is the actual ROM to restore.
The Following User Says Thank You to gpmartinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beggars1923
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I was under the impression I did not need to unroot to update, just flash stock.

gpmartinson
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
I was under the impression I did not need to unroot to update, just flash stock.
I'm not sure, I just thought I would go clean to get the update.

jnralp00
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Bionix had the check for update thingy removed, so I downloaded xboarders old stock 2.33 checked for update. Nothing. Says up to date.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

jnralp00
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Lg tool also says I am up to date

Scyth3
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnralp00 View Post
Lg tool also says I am up to date

You need to use the LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix (OFFLINE INSTALLER DOWNLOAD)

Go back to the original install and follow the post on how to use it. There's an msxml thing to install, you run the VBS script which injects a line into your hosts file, etc...

RobBull69
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I've been running stock for about a week waiting for the update. I can't flash the KDZ file using Windows 7, XP through Virtual Box on my Windows 7 machine or my Linux box. The update starts and stalls out every time. I've been doing the Software update check and checking LG's update tool religiously and I still get the "Current version is the latest version" message. This is frustrating because I use my GPS quite a bit and it sucks with CM and stock ROMs. I'm hoping this OTA fixes the GPS issues for me or I will have to switch phones.
Current Devices: Nexus 7, WiFi Xoom, HTC One
Retired/Sold: G1, Vibrant, G2, G2x, Galaxy Nexus

wmm
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBull69 View Post
I use my GPS quite a bit and it sucks with CM and stock ROMs. I'm hoping this OTA fixes the GPS issues for me or I will have to switch phones.
I think there's a pretty good chance that you'll be happy with the GPS performance under V21y. I've seen a number of reports that it's better. My own experience is that it's better but not perfect. I have gotten a number of 15-second fixes, which happened only extremely rarely under other ROMs. However, it does occasionally take 2-3 minutes, which is just what I was seeing before I installed V21y.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]