Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Figured it out
all you need to know is here:

kkinder.com/2011/11/27/so-you-want-to-reverse-engineer-an-android-app-apk

almost working

update:

*Learned to apktool decode, edit layouts.smali, build, sign, zip align

*Replaced all layouts with the decoded LiveControl.touchosc layout. Forgot which one i used on my roommates computer!

*All layouts are blank

*Will try again tomorrow
Last edited by PittedPanda; 26th April 2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: not quite
27th April 2012, 07:08 AM   |  #102  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremisi

Yes definitely, on my Nexus S and Asus Transformer.
Are u copying the _complete_ generated base64 text in place of the predefined layout? Most importantly, are u picking the right layout to replace? It must match the id you selected in my applet: if u choose 0 you have to replace the layout at pos 0 ("Simple", the one preceded by "const/4 v1, 0x0 .line 16" in Layout.smali) or it WON'T WORK. The same applies to layouts in positions 1-4.[COLOR="Silver"]

Hey Cremisi,

So I'm spending WAYYY to much time on this lol. But i got to get it to work! I want LiveControl for Ableton working so bad!

Anyways when I load up my rebuild apk all the unedited layouts work fine, thus I assume I rebuilt the apk correctly.

However, even though i correctly encoded the LiveControl.touchosc to Base64 with your encoder (set to "0") and replaced the data between the "quotation marks" after const/4 v1, 0x0 .line 16, the first template "Simple" is all grey and empty. If i click any of the tabs it locks up and crashes.

I encoded the .touchosc to base64 on windows 7. Then on my osx (10.7.3) I used apktool to "decode", changed "smali/net/hexler/touchosc/Layout.smali", apktool to "build" apk, jarsinger to "sign", then "zipaligned" the apk with success.

Has this process, or the windows equivalent, worked for you? perhaps the live control.touchosc is too complex?
27th April 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
More
Question My efforts results
I tried encoding LiveControl.touchosc using Cremisi's Layout encoder five times.. One for each Layout (i was 'index' sensitive) and replacing each Original Layout in the 'layout.smali' file, making sure to add the " at the end. I then saved, re-built and signed the apk. The results were all the same for each, empty horizontal layout with three 'pages' and always fc after any interaction with the touch screen..

I am in no way anything more than a noob but as many others i share an enthusiasm to see this app reach some sort of a resolution regarding any current layout import "work-around" until Hexler releases an update with such features..

Any ideas on things i may have missed or anything that might help would be appreciated
Last edited by SolFire777; 27th April 2012 at 02:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SolFire777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Hi guys, keep in mind the encoder serves no other purpose than managing the "encoding" in order to bring back the trick used in 1.2 to run custom layouts. Any compatibility issues between 3rd party layouts and touchosc android that would arise 1.2 will most definitely happen in 1.3 too.
I had a try myself with the layout you mentioned (LiveControl.touchosc both iphone and ipad). Didn't work at first, then to fix it with the least effort I deleted every label definition in the xml: if you've been following the thread you know labels aren't implemented yet (sadly), so removing them has no visible effect. Immediately got it running on my transformer, but i seem to get perceptible performance issues in some widgets (stuttering not present with builtin _much simpler_ layouts): it would be interesting to hear the experience in this respect by someone who also used LiveControl for ios.
I'm sorry for not bringing 100% positive news, I do hope these issues are mine only.
If anyone wants to have a try with the stripped layout I used, let me know in pm.
Last edited by Cremisi; 28th April 2012 at 01:56 AM.
28th April 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #105  

11 posts
More
Lightbulb Ten Studio
Could this help in anyway? I'm still yet to download and try it out, but here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1619473

Perhaps it might prove useful..
28th April 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #106  

11 posts
More
Thumbs up TouchOSC_LiveControl_No_Lables_Signed
I have managed to import LiveControl.touch to TouchOSC replacing Mix16. All controls seem to work fine but am yet to try with AbletonLive. Anyways here it is

PS. I would like to thank all those who provided the knowledge for me to do this

Update:

Okay so I've gone and tried the LiveControl.touch layout i imported to TouchOSC with AbletonLive 8 and have good results to share
My 7 steps to getting LiveControl Layout working with ableton as long as you already have the LiveControl imported TouchOSC Layout installed on your android device and MIDI Yoke installed on your PC

As long as:
1. You can tether your Android Phone and connect your PC to your android network or connect both PC and Android Device to a wireless network
2. You download and run TouchOSC Bridge
3. Enter your IPv4 adress into both the MIDI Bridge and OSC connections settings pages on TouchOSC
4. You download, install, and run LiveControl, Select MIDI Yoke as the MIDI Port then Open Max Window under Window Menu and take note of the Port Number
5. In OSC connections settings page type in the port number shown in Max Window
6. Select LiveControl_TO as your control source in ableton, leave both input and output control as none. And MIDI Yoke as your input. Turn "Track" on
7. Have FUN!!

P.S. I have been trying to get feedback response showing on the Android Device but so far haven't been able to get any results, if anybody could help with this that would be appriciated. Cheers

(P.S(P.S)) I did have links for the various programs mentioned but am unable to post them, sorry. You should be able to find them using Google.

Sol.
Attached Files
File Type: rar TouchOSC_LiveControl_No_Lables_Signed.rar - [Click for QR Code] (198.1 KB, 545 views)
Last edited by SolFire777; 28th April 2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Progress Update
28th April 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #107  

7 posts
What changed?
Wait so why did it all of a sudden work?

What changed?

Was it the VTS you linked to earlier or just that only Mix 16 can be changed with that encoder?

Thanks so much for this... I was losing it...

Also,

Its not even that hard to set up! On OSX at least.

1. Install LiveControl
1b. Start Live Control
2. Install Sol's APK
3. Choose Mixer 16 in Touch OSC
4. Choose OSC Set-up in Touch OSC
4b. Configure Ports (5000/5001)
4c. Choose Live Control from available Hosts
5. Start Ableton
5b. Party!

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Damn... it keeps crashing TouchOSC
28th April 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #108  

11 posts
More
Smile Reason
Well to answer your question the reason I believed it works is because the labels in the .touchosc were a major bug for the android version seeing as there is no implementation for that feature yet. So what I had done was deleted any and every line that had the word layout in the .XML file then after that I encoded the .touchosc file to index 2 and replaced the appropriate layout code. And then saved, build, and signed.

Yes it does seem to be allot easier with OSX but then again the original TouchOSC app is written for apple software so its understandable that it would prove a challenge to get working on android with windows.

Cheers

Sol.
29th April 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #109  

7 posts
Oh
Oh damn. If its missing the <labels> then it might be impossible to get this 100% working eh?

Is yours crashing too?

Can you see your clip names?

My friend is selling an iPod touch for $70 and I'm thinking about buying it for touch osc and Beatmaker 2 (for mpc on the train lol)

Mods: can we move this to a general development forum so it can get more attention since its not a XOOM specific app. I actually don't even know what XOOM is lol (Im on Galaxy Ace, Custom Rom)
29th April 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #110  

11 posts
More
Talking I doubt it
Until Hexler release a more functional version of ToucOSC for Android i doubt you or i or anyone for that matter will be able to get any further than as is, but even so i'm happy to wait as long as i have my trusty LiveControl
Labels would be a nice feature but seeing as the original didn't have them i don't feel like i'm really missing out on much, plus the more i use it the more natural it becomes to navigate the layouts and such.

Haha i'm on the same page as you, i have no idea what XOOM is either, i guess its another android device the person who started this thread most likely owns..

I own a Galaxy S i9000 its served me well, i change Custom ROM as time goes by so i can't say, infact i've just changed from Tiramisu to SlimISC today

Peace

Sol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread