Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt-p3113 root

Tip us?

DVJ-Mishka
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Has anyone tried superoneclick to root it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

GRZLA
Old
(Last edited by GRZLA; 27th April 2012 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoomdev View Post
I have been working on this for a bit. mempodroid is indeed patched in this device. zergrush and other exploits will not work on ics either. Looking at other things as far as odin is concerned since that would be open and really the way this is going to have to be done as far as I know. I have someone putting together something to try soonish, ill update if I find anything obviously.

Liking the device so far much. Will love it when I can get some AOSP on it.
The only method I can think of is to CF-Root it. We would have to have someone with kernel level development skills to do that though. We simply flash a rooted kernel in ODIN and reboot, we could also include busybox and CWM if someone built it. I'm in the process of looking into how CF-Root works and hoping I can attempt to get that ball rolling.

Edit: A system dump of our system has helped Galaxy Note owners have a Tablet Mode ROM on their device. I sent that developer a message and am awaiting any good/bad news I get.

Edit2: This is what he told me, but I am no developer. Hopefully this helps someone to get us a little further along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8
the easiest way I can think of is to dump the image to your phone (and I mean a real img file ) then mount it in linux , and drop the su binaries in it that will work everytime . I am not sure how to ' dd ' the system img from your phone but it s doable via adb , you need the correct block for system then you can do what was posted by DA_G in one of his thread by changing the block ( i717 section)
Edit99: Over on another forum that begins with Rootz, they have made a Tab 2 section. I made a thread in it and it looks like xoomdev has bought one of the Tab 2's. It is nice to see well known developers getting the same tablet.

japper88
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I can't wait for root! I just want to remove some of Samsung's bloat.
Samsung Galaxy S4: MF9 stock rooted (JB 4.2.2); MF9 stock kernel
(Accessories: Scout Urban Armor Gear case; MIME Ghost Glass ver 2.0 screen protector)
Google Nexus 7: stock rooted (JB 4.2.2); stock kernel
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7": CyanogenMod 10.1.2 (JB 4.2.2); blackhawk's NEXT kernel 1.5

tjsdev
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Removing bloat and and the ability to create backups would be awesome. What would make this tablet really shine would be a true AOSP rom. I doubt it will be long with this awesome community.

GRZLA
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsdev View Post
Removing bloat and and the ability to create backups would be awesome. What would make this tablet really shine would be a true AOSP rom. I doubt it will be long with this awesome community.
I want me some AOKP on my Tab 2.

stelv
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Oh jeez now I gotta go back to rootz again lol....xda start a section already
Nexus 5 / Nexus 7 2013 / Nexus 7

volt255
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I try to root my Galaxy Tab 2, but..

SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse... doesn't work
zergRush, stops at step 7
psneuter, stops at step 5

Easy rooting toolkit (v2.0) created by DooMLoRD doesn't work either

I Also tried manual rooting, sending commands throught ADB (Android SDK tools) when i try to use exploit zergRush, I get this message "Not a 2.2/2.3 Android", that's because galaxy tab 2 has ICS 4.0.3, Does anyone know about a working exploit with Android 4 ICS ???

Because when I try to mount the system folder with this command "busybox mount -o remount,rw /system" I get this error... "busybox[1]: syntax error: '^Ap$]4h$\^Z^B^E4' unexpected"

GRZLA
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by volt255 View Post
I try to root my Galaxy Tab 2, but..

SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse... doesn't work
zergRush, stops at step 7
psneuter, stops at step 5

Easy rooting toolkit (v2.0) created by DooMLoRD doesn't work either

I Also tried manual rooting, sending commands throught ADB (Android SDK tools) when i try to use exploit zergRush, I get this message "Not a 2.2/2.3 Android", that's because galaxy tab 2 has ICS 4.0.3, Does anyone know about a working exploit with Android 4 ICS ???

Because when I try to mount the system folder with this command "busybox mount -o remount,rw /system" I get this error... "busybox[1]: syntax error: '^Ap$]4h$\^Z^B^E4' unexpected"
I think the only method is to use odin to flash either a system.img that is rooted or flash a rooted kernel.

Diablo2424
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalcase View Post
+1 on this. I received mine yesterday and started any known exploit with no success. If any dev needs me to test something let me know!!! We need this thing rooted yesterday and custom roms tomorrow!!!

We also need a separate forum on xda. Just saying.

BTW, Diablo - awesome idea for the head unit. I'm interested to see how it works out!
Hey, just FYI, I started a Worklog of my CarTab project over on MP3Car Forums - the link is in my Signature

Oh and I just received confirmation that my Galaxy Tab 2 is at my house waiting for me to get out of work!!! I can't wait to get home and open it up and play with it!!

We def. need our own forum for this thing. But that aside if any one can get any dev interested in this, I can provide any files from the device that they may need. I have an IT background with Linux experience (unfortunately I've never looked into how to go about reverse engineering Android to root it - but maybe this is my chance...)
Phone:
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-I537
Rooted, ML2 (Android 4.3)

Work Phone: AT&T HTC One 32GB Black
Rooted, TWRP, CM 11 Nightly, XtremeGuard Full Body

Tablet:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" - Rooted, CWM Touch, Slim Bean 4.3.1
2006 Altima SER Car Tab

Backup Device's:
T-Mo US HTC HD2, Unlocked, NAND Android 2.2, Zagg - Needs JTAG
The Following User Says Thank You to Diablo2424 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

volt255
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRZLA View Post
I think the only method is to use odin to flash either a system.img that is rooted or flash a rooted kernel.
I think Samsung will not release the kernel sources for the GT-P3113 soon, I hope that we find a new exploit, like zergRush for ICS, soon. Or maybe a custom ROM, like CyanogenMod, but they only support previous version of the galaxy tab.