Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 44,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I can't Boot into ICS recovery after the OTA UPDATE

Tip us?
 
hatyrei
Old
#1  
hatyrei's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 378
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Default I can't Boot into ICS recovery after the OTA UPDATE

HI, Due tooo...excitement ...

lAST night I cant wait for the new ICS on ACER so I flash The COM_GEN1 coming from COM_GEN2 in CMW after that it updated to ICS... I also installed the ACER recovery but now when I used it and boot into recovery it says my tablet is not rooted?! and I tried the power+ volume down...It doesn't go recovery mode...instead its erasing some cache and a dead android with exclamation point appeared . ....... Can some 1 help me? I humbly ask for you help. Thank you.
 
gunness1991
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 112
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatyrei View Post
HI, Due tooo...excitement ...

lAST night I cant wait for the new ICS on ACER so I flash The COM_GEN1 coming from COM_GEN2 in CMW after that it updated to ICS... I also installed the ACER recovery but now when I used it and boot into recovery it says my tablet is not rooted?! and I tried the power+ volume down...It doesn't go recovery mode...instead its erasing some cache and a dead android with exclamation point appeared . ....... Can some 1 help me? I humbly ask for you help. Thank you.

no patience whatsoever..
 
hatyrei
Old
#3  
hatyrei's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 378
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
acer a500 , when I tried to press & hold power + up volume key it says


recovery verified failed ...
 
civato
Old
#4  
civato's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14534
Posts: 3,717
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatyrei View Post
acer a500 , when I tried to press & hold power + up volume key it says


recovery verified failed ...
flash the unlocked ICS bootloader and install custom recovery with it , guide here
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hatyrei
Old
#5  
hatyrei's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 378
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
flash the unlocked ICS bootloader and install custom recovery with it , guide here

Hi Civato,

Thanks., I'm thinkinring with my tab earlier using your guide but i have no luck.

Problems:

I used the uid log on my cmw that was store on my sd card before i update into ICS. i DID go to vache site nad get my sbk
0xB1927C00 0xA404C006 0xCB6B2404 0x30772103 but when i press enter ....the txt was fast and I just had a glimps of it before it was gone....it says something like this NV ERROR : Connection failed


also When I tried to go to APX it only work once.... Tablet was powered off hold the rest botton and the power key....then APX was installed to my computer.... after i remove the usb and put it back to my computer it was gone... I cant find it in the usb controller



pls. help...I think Im learning but...pls be patient hehehe thanks
 
cruise350
Old
#6  
cruise350's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 576
Posts: 1,841
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Memphis, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatyrei View Post
Hi Civato,

Thanks., I'm thinkinring with my tab earlier using your guide but i have no luck.

Problems:

I used the uid log on my cmw that was store on my sd card before i update into ICS. i DID go to vache site nad get my sbk
0xB1927C00 0xA404C006 0xCB6B2404 0x30772103 but when i press enter ....the txt was fast and I just had a glimps of it before it was gone....it says something like this NV ERROR : Connection failed


also When I tried to go to APX it only work once.... Tablet was powered off hold the rest botton and the power key....then APX was installed to my computer.... after i remove the usb and put it back to my computer it was gone... I cant find it in the usb controller



pls. help...I think Im learning but...pls be patient hehehe thanks
Go back and try it again, you didn't follow the directions fully. It works if you do it right.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,


Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

 
hatyrei
Old
#7  
hatyrei's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 378
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Go back and try it again, you didn't follow the directions fully. It works if you do it right.

Im really having trouble with the APX mode..... I already powered down the device and start poking and holding the reset button + the power button , then release it after 3 seconds... then the reset button... I only see the ACER logo then it vibrates then turned off .... At first Iam able to start the apx...vuz its installing the driveon my computer but after i removed it it was gone....
 
hatyrei
Old
#8  
hatyrei's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 378
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Go back and try it again, you didn't follow the directions fully. It works if you do it right.


I finally Made it ., it says PASS on my screen then i boot in to recovery do i need to install the A500-1.031.00-LIGHT-WITH_ICS_BOOTLOADER? or ist possible to go back restore to my back up? running HC 3.2.1 COM_GEN2? and recived official ICS UPDATE..... The thing is I cheated at first I installed COM_GEN1 ( 1.031 ww com_gen1) over my COM_GEN2...after that it upgrade automatically to ICS without connecting to my Wifi! And I thought it was not legit...
 
civato
Old
#9  
civato's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14534
Posts: 3,717
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatyrei View Post
I finally Made it ., it says PASS on my screen then i boot in to recovery do i need to install the A500-1.031.00-LIGHT-WITH_ICS_BOOTLOADER? or ist possible to go back restore to my back up? running HC 3.2.1 COM_GEN2? and recived official ICS UPDATE..... The thing is I cheated at first I installed COM_GEN1 ( 1.031 ww com_gen1) over my COM_GEN2...after that it upgrade automatically to ICS without connecting to my Wifi! And I thought it was not legit...
Not possible to go back to HC that easy , see in the guide I posted , there is a link to a thread on how to.

And you don't need to flash the light version A500 rom from the guide thread as you are already on the ICS bootloader because you flashed the ICS leak.
Just so you know that 1.031.00 leak is what Acer is pushing out as OTA so you are not missing any thing.
See this line of my guide:
You can also flash the full leaked version of 1.031.00 but then you need to get root so you can delete "recovery-from-boot.p" from /system before you flash the unlocked booloader and custom recovery.
If you feel insecure better to flash full leak that way you get the stock recovery.
 
joe9002
Old
#10  
joe9002's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 126
Join Date: Jan 2011
civato as we are talking recovery's is it safe to just flash the ICS update as a update.zip with CWM still on the tab or should i replace it with the acer recovery first?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more