5,594,564 Members 33,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***FeraLab*** Official - Break The Limits...

Tip us?

ensmed
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodomfan View Post
How is version 15?

Sent from my X10S using xda premium
best rom until now.

3Dota
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanodroid View Post
Fera has removed EXT4 from the rom as it wasn't working properly as it should! I think he mentioned a few posts back. What kernel? unlocked or locked? Version 15 is not that laggy if you let it stabilize.I installed it yesterday and today seems much better. Just make sure you follow the installation steps there is not need to go back to 14.2
I know that since 14.2 Fera remove support for ext4 ... but it's actually still work [at least on my device with 14.2]

I'm using unlocked with doomkernel ...

with v15 beside lag that I mention before, device keep rebooting, even after I restore it's default voltage and clock.

and in v14.2 ... I need to restore only it's default voltage to make everyting running smooth

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2
Currently on ...
Fera's Kernel ... v3.6 'n v20 with ext4

with backup
Achotjan's Stock Replacement v2 n ext4

nanodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dota View Post
I know that since 14.2 Fera remove support for ext4 ... but it's actually still work [at least on my device with 14.2]

I'm using unlocked with doomkernel ...

with v15 beside lag that I mention before, device keep rebooting, even after I restore it's default voltage and clock.

and in v14.2 ... I need to restore only it's default voltage to make everyting running smooth

No, trust me, install FS kernel(no overclocker version and you will see how stable it is. no reboots or funny things. Give it a try . go to doomlord's post and download the bottom kernel(FS),also don't forget to flash it's wifi modules. Then Install V15:

Factory reset
Wipe cache
Then format system-format data-format cache.
Mount system,data and cache.
Fix permissions
Install Rom
As soon as it settles down flash the wifi modules

StaticGTF
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Hi!

After some issues in version 15 with the wifi not recieving any IP upon connection i managed to solve it by formatting System, Data and Cache and then mounting those partitions. After that I launched the V.15 installer again and installed the ROM with the desired settings. After that I flashed the correct wifi-modules for DoomKernel 6 FS (which I use) and rebooted. Wifi was now working as expected!

Hope this is of help to others whit issues with various errors after install...

Thanx Fera for a klick-arse rom!

nanodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Well that is what I just said, that is what Fera told us to do and nobody does it LoL
The Following User Says Thank You to nanodroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ensmed
Old
(Last edited by ensmed; 27th April 2012 at 11:48 AM.) Reason: additional
Thanks Meter 55
Default Timescape/Facebook Remover

For users who doesn´t want facebook and timescape. Flash this and please report back.

All credits to Wolfbreak
Attached Files
File Type: zip TSFBESremover.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 31 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ensmed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3Dota
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
No, trust me, install FS kernel(no overclocker version and you will see how stable it is. no reboots or funny things. Give it a try . go to doomlord's post and download the bottom kernel(FS),also don't forget to flash it's wifi modules. Then Install V15:

Factory reset
Wipe cache
Then format system-format data-format cache.
Mount system,data and cache.
Fix permissions
Install Rom
As soon as it settles down flash the wifi modules
hmm ...
might be I'll try this v15 with those kernel later ... since I've to go out of town for couple days and need my x10 running ...

I'll report back later then ...

Thanks

ps: is there any "major" change betwen v14.2 with v15 in terms of stability and performances?

Currently on ...
Fera's Kernel ... v3.6 'n v20 with ext4

with backup
Achotjan's Stock Replacement v2 n ext4

nanodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Yes mate, but let it settle down for a day, you will definitely notice a difference. I think it is much more reliable, if you need to go out of the town then I would try the normal version, you want to avois issues, you don't really need to reinatall the rom, just flash kernel and wifi mods.
The fact that it's' not overclocked doesn't mean that it is the same as the stock one from SE or that its not going to be smooth.So in my opinion I prefer to sacrifice overclocking for stablility-reliability.
The Following User Says Thank You to nanodroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THeLogiC
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 888
Quote:
Yes mate, but let it settle down for a day, you will definitely notice a difference. I think it is much more reliable, if you need to go out of the town then I would try the normal version, you want to avois issues, you don't really need to reinatall the rom, just flash kernel and wifi mods.
The fact that it's' not overclocked doesn't mean that it is the same as the stock one from SE or that its not going to be smooth.So in my opinion I prefer to sacrifice overclocking for stablility-reliability.
Who said u need overclocking for smooth experience (unless playing games)
I always underclock 245-768 Mhz and does not lag in normal tasks :)

Sent from my X10
X10 Stock Firmware Collection
X10-The Ultimate ROMS/KERNELS List for GB/ICS
Latest FXP 142 cm9.1 Download Link for Xperia X10

Current Configuration:
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
Kernel: doomkernel v6
ROM: cm7zmod v3 by zdzihu

Polat67
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Links down?