Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Operator Branding.

Tip us?

fivecheebs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Operator Branding.

How subtle is operator branding in WP7 handsets?

I cant see any evidence that my handset (HTC Titan) is a branded handset, but I wondered if there was a way to tell for sure that it isnt.

Sorry for the daft question, I expect the answer will be that a branded device would be obvious, and that means mine wont be. FWIW, I bought it from an on-line phone shop rather than o2 directly.

66stang351
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecheebs View Post
How subtle is operator branding in WP7 handsets?

I cant see any evidence that my handset (HTC Titan) is a branded handset, but I wondered if there was a way to tell for sure that it isnt.

Sorry for the daft question, I expect the answer will be that a branded device would be obvious, and that means mine wont be. FWIW, I bought it from an on-line phone shop rather than o2 directly.
Carrier branding would be the logo somewhere on the face of the phone, a splash screen when booting and maybe a few apps preinstalled.
The Following User Says Thank You to 66stang351 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fivecheebs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks, that's what I figured. Mine must be unbranded then

DJRedLine
Old
Thanks Meter 5
mine's direct from Vodafone and apart from their logo upon bootup and the red theme there is no other branding.
HTC 8X

fivecheebs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for that, I don't have an o2 splash screen on startup, and the theme was set to HTC green. I guess its an unbranded one..