Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,106 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth Media Streaming on Inspire 4G; Cuts in and out

Tip us?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,128

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarichter
I am experiencing something similar with my music cutting in and out on my bluetooth wireless headphones... however, the issue is range. They work perfectly when they are in direct line-of-sight and within 5'-0". Once I put the phone in my pocket, the music cuts out. The same goes if I am in direct line-of-sight but farther than 5'-0". I've tried this with several bluetooth wireless headphones and my experience is the same. My assumption would be it's the ROM, but it's a fresh install and I have no other apps running other than the ones the ROM came with. Anyone has any ideas?
What rom?

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

sarichter
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Sorry, Android Revolution 7.0.3

da.bu
Old
(Last edited by da.bu; 18th April 2012 at 12:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarichter View Post
I am experiencing something similar with my music cutting in and out on my bluetooth wireless headphones... however, the issue is range. They work perfectly when they are in direct line-of-sight and within 5'-0". Once I put the phone in my pocket, the music cuts out. The same goes if I am in direct line-of-sight but farther than 5'-0". I've tried this with several bluetooth wireless headphones and my experience is the same. My assumption would be it's the ROM, but it's a fresh install and I have no other apps running other than the ones the ROM came with. Anyone has any ideas?
I have the same problem. While the phone is in line-of-sight it works well, but as soon as I put it in my pocket the music cuts.

I tried IceColdSandwich 7.2; Android Revolution HD 7.0.3 and CM7.1 with MortPlayer and PowerAmp
The headset is a Jabra HALO2.

sarichter
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I did narrow it down to the software in the ROM Android Revolution HD 7.03 that is affecting the bluetooth transmitter on the phone. Is there a fix in the works for this? It would be a shame to install a totally new ROM for this reason alone since the rest of the ROM is absolutely fantastic!

imnamak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think that the problem is not related with the ROM, it's in Bluetooth technology. Distance, surrounding WiFi or other radio waves and of course the strength of transmitter and receiver (as usually they are very small).
I have the same problem with my two different headsets used with my desktop, laptop and mobile. Interruptions are very rare when headsets are close to the device, other conditions like movements and something in between are causing problems.
This is why I think that the problem is not in ROM or phone model, all my devices are having the same issue sadly.

sarichter
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnamak View Post
I think that the problem is not related with the ROM, it's in Bluetooth technology. Distance, surrounding WiFi or other radio waves and of course the strength of transmitter and receiver (as usually they are very small).
I have the same problem with my two different headsets used with my desktop, laptop and mobile. Interruptions are very rare when headsets are close to the device, other conditions like movements and something in between are causing problems.
This is why I think that the problem is not in ROM or phone model, all my devices are having the same issue sadly.
I would partially agree with you on the technology... but... the stock ROM allowed me to do things with my Bluetooth headsets that I could not do with this Android Revolution ROM. Using deductive logic, it is the ROM that is the limiting factor. I used to be able to get 30 foot range with my bluetooth on my phone with the stock ROM, but now all I get is about 3 to 5 feet and it has to be direct line of sight.

Don't get me wrong, Android Revolution is a wonderful piece of coding... it is just too bad it has this fault. If I knew how to code, I would try to fix this issue myself but I have no training and it would take an awfully long time before I was able to make anything useful to be considered a 'fix'. Hopefully someone can figure this out and share it!

sarichter
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnamak View Post
It turns out to be the ROM. I've finally gotten around to changing ROMs and bluetooth worked just like the stock ROM that came with the phone. AR has been upgraded to 7.0.4 but I haven't been able to get it working (prior to changing ROMs). Must've been some funny glitch with the ROM software support for the bluetooth device. I now get range of up to 50 feet (tested so far) with no line of sight (through wood framed walls).