Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 39,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GB Rom with PEN Support?

Tip us?
 
edition-
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 581
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lisbon
Default [Q] GB Rom with PEN Support?

Hey guys,

I heard about a recent GB RUU (maybe chinese??) with full pen support like in HC, any idea where to get it?

Thanks.
 
stunmestunme
Old
(Last edited by stunmestunme; 19th April 2012 at 08:19 PM.)
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2012
yes, the GB RUU for China mainland has full function of the pen to instead of your finger. it is for 3G version, means you will be ask for insert sim card every time you reboot Flyer

search RUU_Flyer_HTCCN_CHS_2.28.1400.1_Radio_20.3504.30.0 89BU_3809.07.04.06_M_release_204707_signed.exe

the file you might need for flashing rom

recovery.img http: //dl.dbank.com/c0wy4s9o0s
misc_version_3G_long http: //dl.dbank.com/c0gubhsk5r
 
mitchellvii
Old
#3  
mitchellvii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,204
Posts: 5,353
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunmestunme View Post
yes, the RUU for China mainland has full function of the pen to instead of your finger. it is for 3G version, means if you will be ask for insert sim card every time you boot Flyer

search RUU_Flyer_HTCCN_CHS_2.28.1400.1_Radio_20.3504.30.0 89BU_3809.07.04.06_M_release_204707_signed.exe

the file you might need for flash rom

recovery.img http: //dl.dbank.com/c0wy4s9o0s
misc_version_3G_long http: //dl.dbank.com/c0gubhsk5r
Wow is there anything like this for the View and can it be ported? Is rom in Chinese?

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
 
graffixnyc
Old
#4  
graffixnyc's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,717
Posts: 5,528
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York City

 
DONATE TO ME
I got the rom and I have to deodex it and such.. I will try to pull out anything that looks like it's pen related and test to see if I can get it working. Has it been confirmed that this ruu has full pen support?

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:
 


Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb


All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA


Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc
 
stunmestunme
Old
(Last edited by stunmestunme; 24th April 2012 at 11:37 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2012
if you can read chinese
ht tp://bbs.gfan.com/android-3512143-1-1.html
简单的说
需要免提通话和有线耳机的,不用蓝牙耳机接电话的。只有选择港行3.2ROM.
需要google组件的用港行2.3ROM,不需要的用行货2.3ROM
以笔代摸的,港行2.3ROM不支持,行货2.3ROM支持,3.2ROM都支持。


in short:

if you don't need Bluetooth, or hand-free for phone call, then choice 3.2ROM for Hongkong
if you need all the google feature,then choice 2.3ROM for Hongkong, otherwise choice 2.3rom for mainland
if you need to use the pen as finger, choice 2.3rom for mainland or any 3.2rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
I got the rom and I have to deodex it and such.. I will try to pull out anything that looks like it's pen related and test to see if I can get it working. Has it been confirmed that this ruu has full pen support?
 
graffixnyc
Old
#6  
graffixnyc's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,717
Posts: 5,528
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunmestunme View Post
if you can read chinese
ht tp://bbs.gfan.com/android-3512143-1-1.html
简单的说
需要免提通话和有线耳机的,不用蓝牙耳机接电话的。只有选择港行3.2ROM.
需要google组件的用港行2.3ROM,不需要的用行货2.3ROM
以笔代摸的,港行2.3ROM不支持,行货2.3ROM支持,3.2ROM都支持。


in short:

if you don't need Bluetooth, or hand-free for phone call, then choice 3.2ROM for Hongkong
if you need all the google feature,then choice 2.3ROM for Hongkong, otherwise choice 2.3rom for mainland
if you need to use the pen as finger, choice 2.3rom for mainland or any 3.2rom
Nice, well I'll give it a shot. I have the RUU mentioned above although it was tough to get because file factory slots were constantly filled and a couple of times the DL failed. I will deodex it now and then pull out any files that look like they are pen related and then test it out.

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:
 


Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb


All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA


Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc
The Following User Says Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mitchellvii
Old
#7  
mitchellvii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,204
Posts: 5,353
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
Nice, well I'll give it a shot. I have the RUU mentioned above although it was tough to get because file factory slots were constantly filled and a couple of times the DL failed. I will deodex it now and then pull out any files that look like they are pen related and then test it out.
Here's to hoping like hell you can figure it out. Love GB but the lack of pen support sucks. I like using the pen to navigate because my screen doesn't get all slimy and small links are easier to click. Still Netflix and browsing are unbearable on HC.

I'll beta test for you if you come up with something.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more

CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more

XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more