Post Reply

keep or sell?

OP adamski123

23rd April 2012, 07:34 AM   |  #11  
adamski123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London.
Thanks Meter: 183
 
1,816 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rock

Nope. Do some searching. That rumor is false. Samsung confirmed they will still keep the dual-core.

Oh ok then.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 07:42 AM   |  #12  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,278
 
8,813 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rock

Nope. Do some searching. That rumor is false. Samsung confirmed they will still keep the dual-core.

But, the Tab 2's might not be all there is. There's a bunch of rumors about "Espresso" 10.1" and 7" tablets that could potentially have quad-cores and HD displays becoming Samsung's iPad fighter/premium line. A tablet may be announced at the May 3 Galaxy event in London and that should provide some clarity.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Wake-...s-June_id29071

For those looking at tablets, here's something to think about. They may all look the same but they aren't designed and built the same way. I've been following the Prime and while Asus represents great value there's tons of compromise in the process. Like AzureWave (vs. Broadcom) radios with no 5Ghz support, HannSpree displays riddled with dead pixels and LCD bleed, and truly questionable build quality. Here's a tear down of the Prime. You get what you pay for.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/cra...hout-flaws/399

To get the price down, it'll be interesting to see what types of compromises Samsung accepted with the Tab 2's.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #13  
adamski123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London.
Thanks Meter: 183
 
1,816 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
The transformer pad 300 has been announced, 399 pounds from early may. That is tempting, quad core keyboard dock and ics for 399. :L

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #14  
Jay Rock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chula Vista
Thanks Meter: 295
 
2,090 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

But, the Tab 2's might not be all there is. There's a bunch of rumors about "Espresso" 10.1" and 7" tablets that could potentially have quad-cores and HD displays becoming Samsung's iPad fighter/premium line. A tablet may be announced at the May 3 Galaxy event in London and that should provide some clarity.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Wake-...s-June_id29071

For those looking at tablets, here's something to think about. They may all look the same but they aren't designed and built the same way. I've been following the Prime and while Asus represents great value there's tons of compromise in the process. Like AzureWave (vs. Broadcom) radios with no 5Ghz support, HannSpree displays riddled with dead pixels and LCD bleed, and truly questionable build quality. Here's a tear down of the Prime. You get what you pay for.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/cra...hout-flaws/399

To get the price down, it'll be interesting to see what types of compromises Samsung accepted with the Tab 2's.

yeah im aware of that. I just dont understand the need for the same device re-released when there's something new already coming.
24th April 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag Fingerlakes, NY
Thanks Meter: 31
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
I think it's Samsung's way of selling the OS.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
I'm in the same boat too. I think I'm gonna wait for the 1920x1080 (1080p) tablets to come out from Samsung, Sony, Asus, and Acer and then decide on one of those. I hope one of them will have double the ram at that resolution or at least 1.8 - 2.0 Ghz Tegra 3 processors to push that res. They'll need it.
27th April 2012, 07:37 AM   |  #17  
Sarius24's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
846 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
I'm returning this tablet, I just bought it three days ago. The lag on it kills me I already dislike touchwiz. Returning tomorrow and ordering the Asus tf300t. Plus better for less $$.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I71M
27th April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #18  
adamski123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London.
Thanks Meter: 183
 
1,816 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius24

I'm returning this tablet, I just bought it three days ago. The lag on it kills me I already dislike touchwiz. Returning tomorrow and ordering the Asus tf300t. Plus better for less $$.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I71M

Im getting that aswell. Put my gtab on ebay. Couldnt stand the lag and ics seems like a world away so :L

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes