Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Tip us?

elcidroyale
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Hmm mine has opposite of dead pixels then! On a black background smudges of light come through!

I'd go ahead and get one from amazon. They are quick with exchanges and replacements. Speak to customer service and ask them to cross ship if you need to.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

stelv
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtech View Post
I did notice that the Tab 2 lags on quite some games I have tried. Temple run is one of them so its not for casual gaming.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium
My Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, doesn't lag on games. I got it on opening day and have been running, temple run and n64oid on it. Its been fine. I haven't tried Shadowgun yet, but it should run alright. If it can run good on my old Kindle Fire, it can run smooth on the tab 2.
LG G2 / NOTE 10.1 2014

bark777
Old
Thanks Meter 42
My 2 7.0 tab shows 4.2GB available on tablet and not 8GB. I am sure this is normal, but just checking. Can someone confirm the same?
Thx...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Storage.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1027864  

stelv
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Yes 4gb for me too. Also i just played Shadowgun...its smooth during gameplay but it crashed twice.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335560236578.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1028005

sent from my galaxy tab 2
LG G2 / NOTE 10.1 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to stelv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elcidroyale
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I found a new bug. While watchin a movie stream from Google movies, i hit the volume rocker and the video turns black and the audio stutters. The volume bar appears sometimes but if it does, it doesnt move when i hit the volume. If i do this too much, my whole device reboots. This happens on a fresh out of the box device with nothing else installed. It continues to happen even after i update the Play Movies software. Does not happen while streaming youtube.

Can anyone else see if this happens to them as well before i return this device a 2nd time?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using XDA

GRZLA
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelv View Post
Yes 4gb for me too. Also i just played Shadowgun...its smooth during gameplay but it crashed twice.Attachment 1028005

sent from my galaxy tab 2
Was a 4gb sd card supposed to come with this tablet? Mine also reads 4gb.

WoodburyMan
Old
(Last edited by WoodburyMan; 28th April 2012 at 02:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 477
The user partition is only 4.2gb. That's the size of the volume mounted under /sdcard. The entire drive itself is 8gb, but ~4gb is in the seperate root partition of the drive firmware and recovery. This is true with most phones and tablets, a section of it is reserved for operating system use.

I picked up a 32gb class 10 microsd for $20 USD from NewEgg. Cheap and easy enough to add extra storage.

--------

Anyone know when we get our own forum/cat? It would be helpful to further development on this tab.

I use this as a deskclock and "wake up to lazy to get out of bed and go to my computer desk to check news" device. Would like root to run clocksync automatically to sync to atomic time.

-------
Anyone notice the distinct lack of the standard android Clock / DeskClock application? Nowhere. Trying to push a apk from CM9 of it over ADB resulting in it saying it was already there and such which is funny as there's no shortcuts to it.
Black OnePLus 64gb Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
White Nexus 5 32gb Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android 4.4.4 Unofficial SlimROM Daily Builds
Archos Home Connect 35 4gb Android 2.2 Rooted Stock Firmware 2.4.83

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Seems like someone rooted the device over on rootzwiki :)

HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clubtech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olson.lukas
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Here's the link.

bark777
Old
(Last edited by bark777; 29th April 2012 at 02:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:

3110 and 3113 has anyone tried this to root 3113?

I was able to use odin to load ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 on my GT-P3113 and then flash for root with Superuser and busybox.

Thanks to nycbjr and xoomdev on RootzWiki...

You must use new Kies for 3113 to get correct driver for windows.