Just got a touchpad - Questions

Search This thread

Rekzer

Nov 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey, Just got a 32gb touchpad

I want to run Android 4 on it, but i see multiple roms there. Was wondering which one has the least bugs. Im hoping for a fully functional one, but not sure whats there. CM9 seems fairly broken.

Im looking for a fully functional non WEbOS if someone could poitn me to one

Thanks!

mountaindewmi

May 17, 2010
Miami, FL
I'm not one to complain, but there have been quite a few of these threads started recently... such as:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1618380

As far as CM9 goes, I have been running the Alpha 2 version and have absolutely no problems with it besides the camera and mic not working, and the sound issue while the screen is off. ClassicNerd and AOKP are some good alternatives and they have a lot of support, but there are more. Best place to start is the great sticky post by MindSplit : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1552196

Reactions: Rekzer

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
If you see CM9 as "broken" then dont bother with Android on your TouchPad. All CM9 ROMs are about the same as far as how stable they are. And all CM9 ROMs just about have the same issues. They are all built from the same source.

takylo

Mar 29, 2010
Raleigh
I currently use ClassicNerd Rom and love it. Yes, like stated earlier they all are still a little buggy. However it is very cool to multi-boot(moboot) between webOS and android :cool:. On the Android side I'm able to download apps from the market and play a load of games. PM me and I will point you to the instructions I used.

Rekzer

Nov 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Im running CM9 now! THis thing FLIES, only bug i really care about is the audio distortion when the screen is off one, but nbd really!

Question: If i want to Update CM, i just place it on the SD and install via CWM right. How does Moboot know its CM? If i installed another rom via CWM would Moboot properly boot into it?

AND

Is the storage shared? As in, if i boot into WebOS, will it see all the files on the 32gig storage that android sees?

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Im running CM9 now! THis thing FLIES, only bug i really care about is the audio distortion when the screen is off one, but nbd really!

Question: If i want to Update CM, i just place it on the SD and install via CWM right. How does Moboot know its CM? If i installed another rom via CWM would Moboot properly boot into it?

AND

Is the storage shared? As in, if i boot into WebOS, will it see all the files on the 32gig storage that android sees?

Yes. just place it on your sd card and install in clockwork. It's wise to wipe cache and dalvik before you flash. There may be times when you get more than one android version show up on moboot if it is two completely different ROMs but you just need to delete the other listing. there are tutorials on how to do that. and your sd card is shared. it's structured a little differently in each OS but it all shares the same storage.

Rekzer

Nov 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks a bunch guys!

One last question
I have a bunch of apps backed up via Titanium off my GSII, can those be restored safely onto the touchpad(non system apps ofc)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not one to complain, but there have been quite a few of these threads started recently... such as:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1618380

As far as CM9 goes, I have been running the Alpha 2 version and have absolutely no problems with it besides the camera and mic not working, and the sound issue while the screen is off. ClassicNerd and AOKP are some good alternatives and they have a lot of support, but there are more. Best place to start is the great sticky post by MindSplit : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1552196
    If you see CM9 as "broken" then dont bother with Android on your TouchPad. All CM9 ROMs are about the same as far as how stable they are. And all CM9 ROMs just about have the same issues. They are all built from the same source.
    It multiboots tho, so i assume i can install as many things as i want..

You can only install one version of android.
    I currently use ClassicNerd Rom and love it. Yes, like stated earlier they all are still a little buggy. However it is very cool to multi-boot(moboot) between webOS and android :cool:. On the Android side I'm able to download apps from the market and play a load of games. PM me and I will point you to the instructions I used.

AND

Yes. just place it on your sd card and install in clockwork. It's wise to wipe cache and dalvik before you flash. There may be times when you get more than one android version show up on moboot if it is two completely different ROMs but you just need to delete the other listing. there are tutorials on how to do that. and your sd card is shared. it's structured a little differently in each OS but it all shares the same storage.