Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] fake update on b2a

Tip us?

el:
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] fake update on b2a

Hi everyone,

I have the p970h in Costa Rica, and my current software version is V10c. I looked at this page (a page I can't post cause I'm a newbie) that there is V20a for my country, so I tried to get it through the official software updater. When I connect the phone, it does tell me there is an actualization, it goes through all the process and does the update. But, when I check the software, it's still on v10c. And, if I connect the phone, it tells me again that I should update my phone...

Is it normal?

All I want is to get the GB, for battery and speed purposes. I have read the other ways you have posted to do this; but as far as I read in the smartflash thread, the V20x patches there are are intended for lgp970, not p970h, and that can get some troubles, as far as I understood.

My phone is not rooted, and I'd really like to get the update using the program, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I even tried to fake my country (Mexico, Spain, Germany...) thinking it would do any difference, but nothing.

thank you very much

vervactor
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You did restore factory settings?

zyfkurmom
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Check my post out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586608

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
Push The Thanks Button If I Helped You !

el:
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vervactor View Post
You did restore factory settings?
No, I haven't. You recommend me to do it, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyfkurmom View Post
Check my post out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586608

Thank you, but the roms you posted there are intended for other countries. Isn't there a risk flashing them? Besides, my phone is p970h, don't know if that's all right.

zyfkurmom
Old
(Last edited by zyfkurmom; 25th April 2012 at 01:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Tell me your country and what v20 firmware you want for p970h (a,b,c ,etc) i'll be happy to help you make one(its specific for p970h , don't worry !)

The Following User Says Thank You to zyfkurmom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

el:
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you!

I live in Costa Rica (which is, if you don't know, located at Central America). I saw there is V20a for my region, but it says it's for Telefónica. Anyways, I want the most reliable version, don't know wich is, and an easy rootable one, because I've listened there are some troubles rooting V20x (Just in case I would need to)

Again, thank you very much.

zyfkurmom
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by el: View Post
Thank you!

I live in Costa Rica (which is, if you don't know, located at Central America). I saw there is V20a for my region, but it says it's for Telefónica. Anyways, I want the most reliable version, don't know wich is, and an easy rootable one, because I've listened there are some troubles rooting V20x (Just in case I would need to)

i'll upload the link as soon as possible(takes me 3 hours).But rooting..........i don't know how to root p970h , i'm sorry

N00BY0815
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,885

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyfkurmom View Post
i'll upload the link as soon as possible(takes me 3 hours).But rooting..........i don't know how to root p970h , i'm sorry
Rooting is easy. First extract the kdz file into bin and fls (find extract tool in dev section) then inject cwm with a dd command in linux/ubuntu. Then flash superuser.zip and you re done ;)

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

Read it, if you're new in this forum!

zyfkurmom
Old
(Last edited by zyfkurmom; 27th April 2012 at 01:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Thank you!

Here you go! rapidshare.com/files/1053509965/V20A_LG_P970H.zip the instructions are inside the smartflashtool.zip

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00BY0815 View Post
Rooting is easy. First extract the kdz file into bin and fls (find extract tool in dev section) then inject cwm with a dd command in linux/ubuntu. Then flash superuser.zip and you re done ;)

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA
well..........saying is very easy but doing it is not easy

Meninw
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
but as far as I read in the smartflash thread, the V20x patches there are are intended for lgp970, not p970h, and that can get some troubles, as far as I understood.
thank you very much
Hi there! I'm from Brazil and my device is the P970h too. I'm using Zeus v6.22 V20N Europe Open and I got NO PROBLEM AT ALL. You don't have to worry about different versions of ROMs. Install it and BE HAPPY!!!