Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 37,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Keyboard for ics?

Tip us?

valve timing
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz_Plummer View Post
You know you can get swype, yes? Sign up for the "beta" and you're good to go. No need for potentially malicious ports.

Sent from my ICS HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2
yeah i know that but i want swype with the nice blue trace that matches ics that orange looks like ****

Cor-master
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
I had swype on my cappy, didn't care for it. Just never could get used to drawing lines.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

valve timing
Old
Thanks Meter 18
well i found a swype apk for the sgs 2 on droidappz stoked!!!!!

austin4913
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
I have tried to use 3 different keyboards since upgrading to Dark Raider ROM with kernel by Kozmik...it will download and says installed but it won't come up..I have selected the keyboard in settings but when I bring up email, texts, etc...the standard keyboard comes up..I long pressed in a text area and it does nothing...I have used keyboards before flashing ROMS but this is the first time I have attempted it since flashing several different ROMS...probably something simple I am missing...thanks in advance if anyone has and guidance..

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Larz_Plummer
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin4913 View Post
I have tried to use 3 different keyboards since upgrading to Dark Raider ROM with kernel by Kozmik...it will download and says installed but it won't come up..I have selected the keyboard in settings but when I bring up email, texts, etc...the standard keyboard comes up..I long pressed in a text area and it does nothing...I have used keyboards before flashing ROMS but this is the first time I have attempted it since flashing several different ROMS...probably something simple I am missing...thanks in advance if anyone has and guidance..

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
In ICS, pressing and holding the input area is not how you change keyboards. That is done using a notification setting that appears wherever you enter a text input field.

Sent from my ICS HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

bigballa
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Thumb keyboard

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
Current Devices:.
HTC One M8 & Google Nexus 7
Bootloader Unlocked | TWRP

Previous Devices:.
Nexus 5 | HTC One M7 | Nexus 4 | Galaxy SIII | HTC One X | Galaxy Note | Galaxy Nexus | Transformer Prime TF201 | Galaxy SII Skyrocket | iPhone 4S | HTC Vivid | Inspire 4G | Bold 9000 | Infuse 4G | Atrix 4G | Atrix | HTC Surround | iPhone 3GS | iPhone 2G | HTC HD2 | HTC G2 | Nexus One | MyTouch 4G | MyTouch Slide | Touch Pro2 | MyTouch | T-Mobile G1

Cor-master
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
I tried thumb keyboard for a whole day eventually just switched back to the ics keyboard I found in the market. Simply just too slow for my tastes. I have to say there has to be something different about the ics framework because all keyboards that were fast with gingerbread are slow on ics. I think right now the problem with ics is just not enough phones have it for developers to care

lamebmx
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I stumbled across this looking for a keyboard with arrow keys. so far hacker's keyboard (for free in google play) is working good for me. quick, a bit smaller keys but it has arrows, control alt etc. supposed to work well with connectbot for ppl used to ssh etc.

Brand New
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamebmx View Post
I stumbled across this looking for a keyboard with arrow keys. so far hacker's keyboard (for free in google play) is working good for me. quick, a bit smaller keys but it has arrows, control alt etc. supposed to work well with connectbot for ppl used to ssh etc.
You can change your keyboard size in settings.

Cor-master
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510
The stock HTC one is very nice and fast but they left out one thing: auto space after prediction selection! Only android keyboard I've ever seen that doesnt auto space