FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Google play will take over Market

5,509 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,651
 
By buhohitr, Senior Member on 6th March 2012, 07:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th March 2012, 04:32 AM |#11  
Hindle1225's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

NICE! I know most of ppl think this is stupid but I think Google is making a right move. But if they don't keep up, they will fall behind and so is their business.

Google is continuing they're progression. Setting themselves up to be the future one stop shop for communication and entertainment.

I like to watch it unfold but I don't care for how invasive Google will eventually be with our information. In Europe you can send Google a letter asking them for all your history with Google services. One gentleman had 15,000 pages sent to him from Google. Google isn't legally obligated to do so in the US.


I'm done rambling now

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
 
 
12th March 2012, 04:34 PM |#12  
psalm462's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Franklin, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
if your phone is rooted, it will not allow you to rent movies straight to your phone. I was able to get it start playing when I put the browser into desktop mode on the link it posts, but it just keeps loading. Anyone have any suggestions?
19th March 2012, 04:19 PM |#13  
Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
If you are rooted, DO NOT USE GOOGLE PLAY MOVIES.

Google does not allow movies to play on rooted phones, citing licensing issues (though I'm not really sure what having root access has to do with pirating movies).

If you have bought or rented a movie that you haven't watched yet, you can submit a support ticket requesting a refund. I got my refund within a few hours of complaining, so at least they're good about that.

In protest, I will no longer be making any music, movie, or book purchases from Google. I also changed all my privacy settings for my Google account to be least beneficial to Google (ie: no customized ads, etc). I'd like to see all root users that are pissed off by this move do the same. It seems perhaps Google doesn't realize just how many of us there are.
19th March 2012, 05:10 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 528
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakistocrat

If you are rooted, DO NOT USE GOOGLE PLAY MOVIES.

Google does not allow movies to play on rooted phones, citing licensing issues (though I'm not really sure what having root access has to do with pirating movies).

If you have bought or rented a movie that you haven't watched yet, you can submit a support ticket requesting a refund. I got my refund within a few hours of complaining, so at least they're good about that.

In protest, I will no longer be making any music, movie, or book purchases from Google. I also changed all my privacy settings for my Google account to be least beneficial to Google (ie: no customized ads, etc). I'd like to see all root users that are pissed off by this move do the same. It seems perhaps Google doesn't realize just how many of us there are.

...you buy your media?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
19th March 2012, 05:42 PM |#15  
DirgeExtinction's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 282
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakistocrat

If you are rooted, DO NOT USE GOOGLE PLAY MOVIES.

Google does not allow movies to play on rooted phones, citing licensing issues (though I'm not really sure what having root access has to do with pirating movies).

If you have bought or rented a movie that you haven't watched yet, you can submit a support ticket requesting a refund. I got my refund within a few hours of complaining, so at least they're good about that.

In protest, I will no longer be making any music, movie, or book purchases from Google. I also changed all my privacy settings for my Google account to be least beneficial to Google (ie: no customized ads, etc). I'd like to see all root users that are pissed off by this move do the same. It seems perhaps Google doesn't realize just how many of us there are.

That's been the case since Google allowed movie renting on their store. Honestly, I don't think it's Google's choice. The movie studios probably have a strong voice when it came to this choice. I'm guessing the movie studios believe that if you're rooted, it'd be easier to get passed the DRM they put in place.

I honestly don't care since I don't watch movies from the Play Store. The majority of Android users most likely never root their phones, thus they don't "lose out" on this option.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
27th April 2012, 10:27 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
rooted nook color
my nook color has a rooted sd card which has unlocked my 'reader' to so much more. Google Play marks most applications as incompatible, how can I change to something that Google play see as compatible? Other markets will load apps which work, but lately many apps are only available from Google Play. Suggestions anyone?
27th April 2012, 10:51 PM |#17  
shrike1978's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhilo

my nook color has a rooted sd card which has unlocked my 'reader' to so much more. Google Play marks most applications as incompatible, how can I change to something that Google play see as compatible? Other markets will load apps which work, but lately many apps are only available from Google Play. Suggestions anyone?

This is the Droid Charge forum. The Nook Color forum would be a much better place to ask that question.
29th April 2012, 06:29 AM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
I like how Google Play just introduced its first physical product, the GSM Galaxy Nexus. $400 out of contract. Damn.

I paid $300 for the Charge and it isn't even listed on the software update slides leaked recently. I hope Google goes with another company instead of Samsung for their next Nexus phone.

As for the Charge, I still like it, but wish I could add ram and a bigger flashdisk to it.
30th April 2012, 08:27 PM |#19  
khalilcr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svzurich

I like how Google Play just introduced its first physical product, the GSM Galaxy Nexus. $400 out of contract. Damn.

I paid $300 for the Charge and it isn't even listed on the software update slides leaked recently. I hope Google goes with another company instead of Samsung for their next Nexus phone.

As for the Charge, I still like it, but wish I could add ram and a bigger flashdisk to it.

I heard moto might come up with the next google phone, not sure if will keep the nexus name.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
30th April 2012, 08:29 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
So long as I can get a version using Verizon's unlimited LTE plan, SOLD!
30th April 2012, 10:26 PM |#21  
mefloump's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Watertown, SD
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I don't care to rent/buy movies from the Play store but this did work on the old market..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1239397

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes