Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mail apk with HTML

Tip us?

adlene72
Old
(Last edited by adlene72; 26th April 2012 at 12:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I found the solution to this probleme !!!

You need Root and Root Explorer

I downloaded the mail.apk from one ROM (my memory is bad i don't remember) and I copied that mail.apk in \system\app and tried to install it from there. It started the installation but aborted cause I suppose the mail app is in use.

The trick is that after that aborted installation, the option to select Html or Text is now available and I could change it to Html...

Now everything is ok.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Mail.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.57 MB, 58 views)

Sbarabau
Old
(Last edited by Sbarabau; 27th April 2012 at 08:54 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Is that the HTC Sense Mail.apk? o.O
And the older Mail.apk? Have you replaced it in /system/app?

adlene72
Old
Thanks Meter 2
First, the mail.apk is not related to Sense but to the Android version, mine is 2.3.4

And Second, I replaced that one in \system\app

I tried to install it from there but it didn't work. In fact, it enabled the option HTML/TEXT !!!

Sbarabau
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have RCMixS with Android 2.3.3
Anyway, that's a system apk, so you have to put into the system/app folder using adb
Third: if you replace the older Mail.apk in system/app, the older e-mail application obviously disappears.

P.S: with your method I lose my email app and the new one doesn't install. With adb, the app goes in crash when I open it.

adlene72
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your older mail.apk.

As stated in my previous reply, You need Root Explorer and when you replace mail.apk, and try to install it from system\app it doesn't install but the option HTML is available right after.

And I told that it's related to 2.3.4 !!! and you have 2.3.3 so I am not sure if it will work with a different version (now i'm a bit sure)...

You should not use adb. And you have to find out a mail.apk from a 2.3.3 version to restore your email application.

Good luck.

Sbarabau
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlene72 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your older mail.apk.

As stated in my previous reply, You need Root Explorer and when you replace mail.apk, and try to install it from system\app it doesn't install but the option HTML is available right after.

And I told that it's related to 2.3.4 !!! and you have 2.3.3 so I am not sure if it will work with a different version (now i'm a bit sure)...

You should not use adb. And you have to find out a mail.apk from a 2.3.3 version to restore your email application.

Good luck.
I know I would have lost my email application, so I made a backup of the app.
Anyway, your argument does not stand: if I put a new Mail.apk in system/app and I replace the older, I will obviously lose my older email app!

P.S.: it isn't related to 2.3.4. What Sense version do you have?

P.S.2: for system apps you have to use adb. If you don't use it, the app will never install...

adlene72
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The solution for me is that I replaced mine by another mail.apk from another rom (without adb) and the html option was back and fixed.

I don't have time to polemicate about it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

Sbarabau
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
The solution for me is that I replaced mine by another mail.apk from another rom (without adb) and the html option was back and fixed.

I don't have time to polemicate about it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA
I don't want to polemicate, I only want to know how to do that in order to make it work!
I asked you: What Sense version do you have?

adlene72
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hello,

I just upgraded from Android Revolution 3.6.8 to 3.6.13 without wiping my stuff.

The problem of HTML mails from ActiveSync with my hotmail went back to TXT and the option is grayed.

So, I just copied the mail.apk (attached to my previous post) to system\app with ES explorer on phone (overwriting the one existing there) and tried to install the apk from system\app and yes it doesn't complete the installation but the icon disappeared from menu and main screen. So, I rebooted my phone. After that my email icon came back and when I go to option, I can now select HTML or TEXT.

My Sense is 3.0, Android 2.3.4 and Android Revolution 3.6.13 with 1.72Ghz CPU.

My method is working and I confirm I did it twice !

Sbarabau
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Hello,

I just upgraded from Android Revolution 3.6.8 to 3.6.13 without wiping my stuff.

The problem of HTML mails from ActiveSync with my hotmail went back to TXT and the option is grayed.

So, I just copied the mail.apk (attached to my previous post) to system\app with ES explorer on phone (overwriting the one existing there) and tried to install the apk from system\app and yes it doesn't complete the installation but the icon disappeared from menu and main screen. So, I rebooted my phone. After that my email icon came back and when I go to option, I can now select HTML or TEXT.

My Sense is 3.0, Android 2.3.4 and Android Revolution 3.6.13 with 1.72Ghz CPU.

My method is working and I confirm I did it twice !
Sense 3.0 is different than Sense 2.1. For this reason the apk email didn't worked for me. It would be perfect to find a ported version for Sense 2.1 of that apk

P.s.: thanks again for the help you're giving to me

Tags
htc sense, html emails