Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC HD2 : Software update failed

Tip us?

Soul-Redeemer@iamafreebir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC HD2 : Software update failed

Hey,

My sister has given me a HTC HD2 to repair which she tried to upgrade from windows to android but screwed up somehow. I have given this phone to a local service center but they failed to do anything about this.

Whenever i am trying to turn on the phone a message pops up ' Software update failed, please try again ' and after that a white screen shows the message
' Loading... ' but after that nothing happens.

Can anyone give me a link where i can find to step-by-step process to repair this phone to use android or windows. I just need this phone to work properly. Doesn't matter if the OS is android or windows.

T-Macgnolia
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,886

DONATE TO ME
Ok try this, make sure you have the proper version of Windows Mobile Device Center or Active Sync installed on your computer, this software has the USB drivers you need to get the HTC Sync connection with the bootloader. Go to Microsoft.com to find this. Next go to HTC.com and find the correct stock RUU of Windows Mobile for your HD2. It should have the region that the HD2 come from and the carrier the HD2 was originally used with in the name of the RUU. Boot the device up into bootloader by
powering on the device and holding the volume down button down. Connect it to the computer via USB and wait until you see Serial in the White bar of bootloader change to USB. Then run the RUU as administrator. Also make sure you take the SDK card out before you boot into bootloader.
New to XDA? Please have a read here and here, they are here to help you.
XDA Search Video
S-off explained
Guide on HTC HD2
4EXT Themes, Splash screens, and Bootanimation By T-Macgnolia
XDA-BLOG Writer
RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer for Sensation

Current daily device= Samsung Galaxy Note 2
ROM=TMOUS Stock Multi Window update not rooted
Other devices=TMOUS HTC Sensation 4G,TMOUS HTC HD2 , Acer Iconia A500

The Following User Says Thank You to T-Macgnolia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1,047
Quote:
after that a white screen shows the message
' Loading... ' but after that nothing
There's a rom on the SD card.
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE
The Following User Says Thank You to samsamuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Soul-Redeemer@iamafreebir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you guys for your replays...

Now the problem is when i'm connecting my phone with my PC windows mobile device center shows not connected...is there a problem with the phone ? is there any other way out to sync the phone with pc...and i'm not quite sure about the region i should pick...does it really matter ? I mean the region....if it does how can i be sure which one to pick ?

T-Macgnolia
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,886

DONATE TO ME
As Sam said it is a LEOIMG.nbh file on the SDK card. You will have to remove the SD card from the device so this doesn't not cause problems. Also make sure to delete the file before you put the SD card back in the device.

Now make sure you have the appropriate version of Windows Mobile Device Center or Active Sync installed. Next boot the device into bootloader and wait for Serial in the white bar of the bootloader changes to USB. This means you have HTC Sync connection. You can then run a RUU. You do not have to have to use Windows Mobile Device Center and it does not matter er if Windows Mobile Device Center does not show you are connected. As long as it says USB in the white bar of bootloader you are synced up with the computer and can flash via RUU or flash HSPL or SPL.

If you have a T-Mobile HD2 do not use a RUU that has a radio version that has a 51 in it. The radio version will be in the name of the RUU. Look at the example below, the radio is in red. Notice the 50 in the radio, if it is a 51 here do not flash that RUU as it will brick your HD2 if it is a T-Mobile HD2.

RUU_Leo_1_5_TMOUS_2.09.531.4_Radio_Signed_15.34.50 .07U_ 2.08.50.08 _2_Test.zip/
New to XDA? Please have a read here and here, they are here to help you.
XDA Search Video
S-off explained
Guide on HTC HD2
4EXT Themes, Splash screens, and Bootanimation By T-Macgnolia
XDA-BLOG Writer
RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer for Sensation

Current daily device= Samsung Galaxy Note 2
ROM=TMOUS Stock Multi Window update not rooted
Other devices=TMOUS HTC Sensation 4G,TMOUS HTC HD2 , Acer Iconia A500