Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZAGG invisibleShield For Desire S

Tip us?

dan_alexandre
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I'm kinda new to this so I got to ask:

Considering the phone has Corning's gorilla glass which should make it quite resistant to scratches (one of the reasons I got my DS), what advantages such screen protectors give you?

This is an honest question, I'm not trying to poke people for protecting their phones even more, it's up to each person individually and their usage, I'm just ignorant of the reasoning and would like to know more..

Best regards,
Daniel

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_alexandre View Post
I'm kinda new to this so I got to ask:

Considering the phone has Corning's gorilla glass which should make it quite resistant to scratches (one of the reasons I got my DS), what advantages such screen protectors give you?

This is an honest question, I'm not trying to poke people for protecting their phones even more, it's up to each person individually and their usage, I'm just ignorant of the reasoning and would like to know more..

Best regards,
Daniel
Hey there,
Yes the screen is scratch resistant. However, like most people we don't want to take the risk, and we place a screen protector on to ensure it's protection.

However, this invisible shield also is 100% scratch free. After using it for around 8-9 months, i can say that it is very very good. THere are no scratches at all on the protector. It's still in pristine condition.

(I'll try to get some pictures up soon)

Also, the back of the device is made of aluminum - which can be scratched.The shield protects the back + gives it good grip
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to olyloh6696 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Sensei
Old
Thanks Meter 2
One question,Did you people get your HTC Desire S phones with a screen protector already on it?

olyloh6696
Old
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sensei View Post
One question,Did you people get your HTC Desire S phones with a screen protector already on it?
Nope, you gotta get then separately.
Back in the days of the HTC Diamond, HTC used to give free quality screen protectors!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
Thanks!

cpx07
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I have something from 3M Vikuti really good, very satisfied.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
Was the post usefull to you? Please take a sec and press the THANKS button......

Device - Huawei Ascend P6-U06
Current Rom - HYD52ROM V7 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630208
Recovery - TWRP 2.6.3.7
Unlocked and rooted

theguitarman94
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Do you have a link to where you purchased it? It would be much appreciated Edit: Just seen you got it from carphone warehouse. My apologies
Previous Smartphones: HTC Wildfire, HTC Desire S, HTC One S (S4 Black). HTC 8X. Nexus 4, HTC One S (S4 Grey) HTC One X+, HTC One M7 (Silver/White)
Current Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey)

motopico
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hello everyone!
I just don't understand if the "Maximum protection" version is actually able to cover Desire's sides and corners. There are no side stickers but maybe the back cover ones wrap them well, don't they? I would like to buy one because i'm bored of tick silicone, tpu or composite covers. Sides and corners are very exposed to scratches as well as the screen, i'm in doubt. Thanks.

olyloh6696
Old
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by motopico View Post
Hello everyone!
I just don't understand if the "Maximum protection" version is actually able to cover Desire's sides and corners. There are no side stickers but maybe the back cover ones wrap them well, don't they? I would like to buy one because i'm bored of tick silicone, tpu or composite covers. Sides and corners are very exposed to scratches as well as the screen, i'm in doubt. Thanks.
It covers MORE of the sides, but not all if it. It covers the curved part of the chin (just below the buttons) that's a nnotable difference with the maximum shield.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to olyloh6696 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

motopico
Old
Thanks Meter 15
But still are the edges exposed? Let's suppose putting the device out and in from your jean's pocket many times per day, won't this "rub" damage the paint if not protected? I don't know if invisible shield protects it under this point of view, for this reason I'm asking. Sorry, I know I appear paranoid but I had bad experiences in the past. Thanks again.

olyloh6696
Old
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by motopico View Post
But still are the edges exposed? Let's suppose putting the device out and in from your jean's pocket many times per day, won't this "rub" damage the paint if not protected? I don't know if invisible shield protects it under this point of view, for this reason I'm asking. Sorry, I know I appear paranoid but I had bad experiences in the past. Thanks again.
Yes they are. I used a pouch for this too, to further protect in my pocket.
I'm like you I want my device to be in the safest at all times

Now I use a leather case.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Thanks!