Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

OP giveen

27th April 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #241  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
2,148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Was trying to update our source and now I have two problems

When running: lunch ventana-eng
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):                                              
  File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>                       
    device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]                                   
ValueError: substring not found
when running "repo sync"
Code:
error: revision refs/heads/ics in CyanogenMod/android_device_dell_streak7 not found
27th April 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #242  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveen

Was trying to update our source and now I have two problems

When running: lunch ventana-eng

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):                                              
  File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>                       
    device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]                                   
ValueError: substring not found
when running "repo sync"
Code:
error: revision refs/heads/ics in CyanogenMod/android_device_dell_streak7 not found

In terms of the repo sync issue.

Show hidden files, then go to the root of your cm directory and go into the folder .repo and delete the local_manifest file.

This is there so repo can find the repository for the device tree, but since there is no ics branch for the streak7 (yet) it doesn't find it.

Make sure that you back up the streaks device tree before running sync again though, sometimes repo likes to delete invalid trees.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Actually I found a better soloution

Replace the contents of the local_manifest.xml file with this http://pastebin.com/kPYQ3jKB

Now syncs should pull in from your git repo
28th April 2012, 12:09 AM   |  #243  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
2,148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Well, what I am trying to do is pull in all the other CM9 stuff, but without updating my build directory because they don't have build for it.

Removed local_manifest and now have this
"error: Cannot remove project "device/dell/streak7": uncommitted changes are present
commit changes, then run sync again
"
28th April 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #244  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I would rename the folder with a period in front of it (ie '.dell') then run sync. It should skip the hidden folder and move on

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #245  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snargledorf

I would rename the folder with a period in front of it (ie '.dell') then run sync. It should skip the hidden folder and move on

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Then rename it back obviously :P

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 05:16 AM   |  #246  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
2,148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
update done....mostly

but still same error
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):                                              
  File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>                       
    device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]                                   
ValueError: substring not found
28th April 2012, 10:27 AM   |  #247  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Forgive me if its been asked; but has text/SMS been tried/tested at all..?
28th April 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #248  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Think I found the problem with your build.

Here is the line from roomservice.pl
Code:
device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]
It's looking for an underscore in the product name in order to find the device name.

i.e. cm_streak7 or full_streak7

'ventana-eng' has no underscore thus why it is being thrown
28th April 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #249  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
2,148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Hm, need to track down the right lines, and add "full_" in front of it and see if that helps.
1st May 2012, 03:21 PM   |  #250  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
2,148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
snargledorf, thank you for all your hard work recently, you have made more strides than I have. Look forward to having you as part of the team.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes