FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

26th April 2012, 01:06 PM |#211  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk_xda

Actually, the recordings are getting on the list but some with a considerable delay. Anyone else seeing this?

works perfectly here. lightweight app with heavyweight performance. never had any issues with it. it may b ur kernel. all my recordings have no delays and they r crystal clear. none get skipped or anything either.

26th April 2012, 02:23 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2trill

works perfectly here. lightweight app with heavyweight performance. never had any issues with it. it may b ur kernel. all my recordings have no delays and they r crystal clear. none get skipped or anything either.

My recordings are all good. If a recording does not show on the list, I find touching Rescan Folder in preferences updates the list and shows the new recording.

I am seeing a two other issues:

1) I made an outgoing call that quickly dropped and then I quickly redialed. The recorder missed the first 20 seconds of the second call, like it was not ready to record right away.

2) When playing back mp3 recordings, I seem to have difficulty moving the playback head to a desired point in the file. It just won't stop where I release my finger.
26th April 2012, 03:06 PM |#213  
Quote:

My recordings are all good. If a recording does not show on the list, I find touching Rescan Folder in preferences updates the list and shows the new recording.

I am seeing a two other issues:

1) I made an outgoing call that quickly dropped and then I quickly redialed. The recorder missed the first 20 seconds of the second call, like it was not ready to record right away.

2) When playing back mp3 recordings, I seem to have difficulty moving the playback head to a desired point in the file. It just won't stop where I release my finger.

Don't use .mp3. Need time to convert wav to mp3.
26th April 2012, 04:25 PM |#214  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Don't use .mp3. Need time to convert wav to mp3.

I want small file size. Do you plan to support 3gp? Should I use AMR?
27th April 2012, 07:30 AM |#215  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Battery issue with kernel
When I'm using the kernel on my Desire it drains the Battery in a few hours. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it a few times and are allways ending up the same way. Any suggestions?

(the recordings with the kernel are fine by the way)

Thanx! / Tom
27th April 2012, 05:11 PM |#216  

More
Quote:

I want small file size. Do you plan to support 3gp? Should I use AMR?

Also, I had a glitch where the recording symbol did not go away after a call was finished. There was a call waiting tone in that call that I ignored and I think it confused the program, as the next two calls were not recorded. The call with the call waiting tone was properly recorded in its entirety.
27th April 2012, 11:26 PM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I have to admit this is by far one of the coolest app. I have one tiny suggestion that I would like to have. Just for reference, I have a rooted HTC Sensation 4G with T-mobile.

During a call, I notice on the top right corner you have the option to pause or start recording. Although during incoming calls, it automatically starts recording without have that option. I will like to be able to press the record button when I want to and not automatically start recording on its own. Feedback please!

EDIT: What is Wake lock during call?
Last edited by McLongDong; 27th April 2012 at 11:49 PM.
28th April 2012, 12:15 AM |#218  
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLongDong

I have to admit this is by far one of the coolest app. I have one tiny suggestion that I would like to have. Just for reference, I have a rooted HTC Sensation 4G with T-mobile.

During a call, I notice on the top right corner you have the option to pause or start recording. Although during incoming calls, it automatically starts recording without have that option. I will like to be able to press the record button when I want to and not automatically start recording on its own. Feedback please!

EDIT: What is Wake lock during call?

Change default action for incoming calls in advanced preferences to "do not record".
30th April 2012, 07:53 PM |#219  
version 1.2:
- added info about recording in the dialog for confirm deleting
- added delay before call recording for incoming calls (may fix problem on Acer Liquid mt)
- Galaxy Nexus support (alsa & root required)
- Samsung Galaxy R support (alsa, root and Chinese kernel required)
- hide in-call control button if call is recording (find this option in Appearance)
- Swedish translation (thanks to Johannes Sjölund)
- possibility to use build-in CallRecorder decoder to WAV playback
- info about free space (tap on ActionBar)
- select your device in preferences to get right setting
- installing system libs to get recording on SGS2 + Android 4 ICS
- new icon
- bug fixes
Last edited by skvalex; 30th April 2012 at 08:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 01:28 AM |#220  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Thanks mate!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec
Previous Thread Next Thread