Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

Tip us?

k2trill
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk_xda View Post
Actually, the recordings are getting on the list but some with a considerable delay. Anyone else seeing this?
works perfectly here. lightweight app with heavyweight performance. never had any issues with it. it may b ur kernel. all my recordings have no delays and they r crystal clear. none get skipped or anything either.

tk_xda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2trill View Post
works perfectly here. lightweight app with heavyweight performance. never had any issues with it. it may b ur kernel. all my recordings have no delays and they r crystal clear. none get skipped or anything either.
My recordings are all good. If a recording does not show on the list, I find touching Rescan Folder in preferences updates the list and shows the new recording.

I am seeing a two other issues:

1) I made an outgoing call that quickly dropped and then I quickly redialed. The recorder missed the first 20 seconds of the second call, like it was not ready to record right away.

2) When playing back mp3 recordings, I seem to have difficulty moving the playback head to a desired point in the file. It just won't stop where I release my finger.

skvalex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
My recordings are all good. If a recording does not show on the list, I find touching Rescan Folder in preferences updates the list and shows the new recording.

I am seeing a two other issues:

1) I made an outgoing call that quickly dropped and then I quickly redialed. The recorder missed the first 20 seconds of the second call, like it was not ready to record right away.

2) When playing back mp3 recordings, I seem to have difficulty moving the playback head to a desired point in the file. It just won't stop where I release my finger.
Don't use .mp3. Need time to convert wav to mp3.

tk_xda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex View Post
Don't use .mp3. Need time to convert wav to mp3.
I want small file size. Do you plan to support 3gp? Should I use AMR?

tompajo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery issue with kernel

When I'm using the kernel on my Desire it drains the Battery in a few hours. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it a few times and are allways ending up the same way. Any suggestions?

(the recordings with the kernel are fine by the way)

Thanx! / Tom

tk_xda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I want small file size. Do you plan to support 3gp? Should I use AMR?
Also, I had a glitch where the recording symbol did not go away after a call was finished. There was a call waiting tone in that call that I ignored and I think it confused the program, as the next two calls were not recorded. The call with the call waiting tone was properly recorded in its entirety.

McLongDong
Old
(Last edited by McLongDong; 27th April 2012 at 11:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 92
I have to admit this is by far one of the coolest app. I have one tiny suggestion that I would like to have. Just for reference, I have a rooted HTC Sensation 4G with T-mobile.

During a call, I notice on the top right corner you have the option to pause or start recording. Although during incoming calls, it automatically starts recording without have that option. I will like to be able to press the record button when I want to and not automatically start recording on its own. Feedback please!

EDIT: What is Wake lock during call?
HTC Sensation 4G|z710e
Radio: 11.76A.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M

ROM:ViperS 3.1.4 - Android 4.1.1 - Jellybean

skvalex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLongDong View Post
I have to admit this is by far one of the coolest app. I have one tiny suggestion that I would like to have. Just for reference, I have a rooted HTC Sensation 4G with T-mobile.

During a call, I notice on the top right corner you have the option to pause or start recording. Although during incoming calls, it automatically starts recording without have that option. I will like to be able to press the record button when I want to and not automatically start recording on its own. Feedback please!

EDIT: What is Wake lock during call?
Change default action for incoming calls in advanced preferences to "do not record".

skvalex
Old
(Last edited by skvalex; 30th April 2012 at 08:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 692
version 1.2:
- added info about recording in the dialog for confirm deleting
- added delay before call recording for incoming calls (may fix problem on Acer Liquid mt)
- Galaxy Nexus support (alsa & root required)
- Samsung Galaxy R support (alsa, root and Chinese kernel required)
- hide in-call control button if call is recording (find this option in Appearance)
- Swedish translation (thanks to Johannes Sjölund)
- possibility to use build-in CallRecorder decoder to WAV playback
- info about free space (tap on ActionBar)
- select your device in preferences to get right setting
- installing system libs to get recording on SGS2 + Android 4 ICS
- new icon
- bug fixes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dneto
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Thanks mate!

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec