Any Fastboot Files????

18th March 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have been hearing a lot that the DROID 4 and the DROID Razr are very simaliar... If thats true then is there a Possibility that the Razr fastboot files cold work on the DROID 4?
18th March 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Portland Oregon
Thanks Meter: 11

26 posts
More
The hardware is identical.....
EXCEPT for the keyboard (maybe the screen, too??). If you have a spare Droid 4 laying around, why not?

For even the above casual user this might be a little much. I haven't had much luck with getting my fully functioning Droid 4 to be recognized by RSDLite.

Although, I do want to know from the developer here, HOW CAN I HELP??

I don't want to just take take take, some of us want to give back.

I bricked my spare Droid 4, and everyone should be really careful with SafeStrap, and backup everything (including the webtop).
The Following User Says Thank You to RueTheDayTrebek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,378

2,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RueTheDayTrebek

EXCEPT for the keyboard (maybe the screen, too??). If you have a spare Droid 4 laying around, why not?

For even the above casual user this might be a little much. I haven't had much luck with getting my fully functioning Droid 4 to be recognized by RSDLite.

Although, I do want to know from the developer here, HOW CAN I HELP??

I don't want to just take take take, some of us want to give back.

I bricked my spare Droid 4, and everyone should be really careful with SafeStrap, and backup everything (including the webtop).

Droid RAZR fastboot files would probably work on the Droid 4, IF we had unlocked bootloaders. I have tried every combination of DR fastboot files on the D4 and the /system/ partition is never properly signed for the D4.

We need a full Droid 4 update or Droid 4 fastboot files to get back to working order, the Razr won't cut it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

95 posts
Without trying to sound too stupid here(lol), but could we not make a stock nandroid backup and dump the image in the fastboot file by chance, and change the md5 inside zip?
The Following User Says Thank You to gdeeble For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 42

155 posts
The problem is not hardware, but rather encryption. Quite simply, we need a properly signed and encrypted software bundle to load on the locked bootloader. If we could sign and encrypt the bundle ourselves, the locked bootloader would not be an issue. The Droid Razr is a different phone with a different encryption key, so we can't use those fastboot files on a D4. We also can't sign our own Nandroid, so we can't load that either.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to omniuni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Portland Oregon

26 posts
More
Is there anything that I can do to help?

I'm really eager to get into Android development, and would be willing to pursue the path in getting these signed drivers.
22nd March 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #7  

47 posts
I don't think this will be a problem for much longer. http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/20...k-on-lte-razr/
22nd March 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 42

155 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic

I don't think this will be a problem for much longer. http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/20...k-on-lte-razr/

Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Oh, this would be EXCELLENT.
28th April 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #9  
Flag Portland Oregon

26 posts
More
GOOGLE IT!!!! Fastboot files are now out for the Droid 4!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to RueTheDayTrebek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread