Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Boot to sd without usb ?

OP sailerph

24th April 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

76 posts
Stock 1.42 internal and cm7 on sd card. In order to boot to the sd card, I must have the power cord connected . Is there a way around this ? This is a 16 gb tablet. Thanks
24th April 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailerph

Stock 1.42 internal and cm7 on sd card. In order to boot to the sd card, I must have the power cord connected . Is there a way around this ? This is a 16 gb tablet. Thanks

At this time, the community has not figured out a way around this. Fortunately, I am one of the lucky ones that always boots from SD just fine.

Currently, there is an experiment being done to try understand this problem better. However, there seems to be a lack of participation in the project. If you would like to contribute, go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1608683
25th April 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 7,118

2,429 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you rooted?
26th April 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

76 posts
Yes rooted 1.40
26th April 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 7,118

2,429 posts
Donate to Me
More
Prepare an sdcard that you can boot into cwm.
Make sure adb shell can run onto Nook Tablet.
After you do that post here.
26th April 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #6  
as a quick way, you can pull the battery connector from the back of the unit. I demonstrated this on XDATV Nook Tablet unboxing.
26th April 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag it never rains here
Thanks Meter: 88

444 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

as a quick way, you can pull the battery connector from the back of the unit. I demonstrated this on XDATV Nook Tablet unboxing.

those heads on those ( two ? ) screws... were they an odd brand or type ( anti-pamper ) ? ? ?
26th April 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_fart

those heads on those ( two ? ) screws... were they an odd brand or type ( anti-pamper ) ? ? ?

Torx T5.
26th April 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 670

1,250 posts
Quote:

battery powered, usb output, cell charger. it just needs 5 seconds or less to do the job. good luck!
28th April 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 415

1,369 posts
More
Quote:

You might want to try this procedure: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=679

It works for me much of the time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread