Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][8/27/12] ICS SysUI+FW Mod (UPD: Part A+B (587) available!)

Tip us?

windsor
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdoctor View Post
Because the Framework is signed by a different Test Key and when I replace it with existing, it just bootloops...
I read about that somewhere, and it doesnt matter from which rom you test (beta, leaked, final, etc,) it wont accept it, because the signed app just can work with one rom only, the source rom...

Hans, you were using usual method for modifiying right? If yes, then your mod should be fine.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

antonio.talamo
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I've tryed this mod (only systemUI and his configurator) on .562 italian (general europe?) firmwar version, and it work perfectly! many thanks!!!

Ray-Out
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Installed the hard way (manual install with locked bootloader) on my rooted french ray with official (1252-7555) firmware.
But i miss a button to enable/disable ADB.

matttm7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey there, great work. Most things run great.

Except the Reboot menu doesn't come up for me. Actually that while menu doesn't come up at all. If I do a long press of the power button, the phone just restarts.

I just copied the part A files into the framework folder.. was that correct? Everything else worked fine though and I won't be too fussed if I don't have that menu, but it would be nice to get it working.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

joeTaco
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Tried installing this on my North American official ICS, got lots of FCs in different programs and eventually the phone restarts.

chopra.harshit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Matt, u must flash any of the part B as well to get it working. The first part b is the normal Sony style and the second part b is AOSP style.

Choice is all urs.

Hit the thanks button if that helped

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

Deviantelf
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeTaco View Post
Tried installing this on my North American official ICS, got lots of FCs in different programs and eventually the phone restarts.
Not sure what you mean by "North American official" but I live in the USA. Phone purchased unlocked: st18a, SI: 1252-4844. Got the official ICS ROM from PC Companion (I went back to a GB backup with apps and stuff...that was awesome cause they all still worked and didn't lose data), and again with SEUS with full wipe, and used the mod with no issues on either setup. The only thing I have bad to say is the 30 step takes a minute to make it quiet (more steps, duh) and on my phone it links text and media volume (ack!... but I checked and it does it without the mod... so not Hansip87's fault!). I also used the mods (minus the one with 30 step volume on the Nordic ROM before my region had it Official)... no issues.
It would help to state what ROM you are on, what mod(s) you installed, and what programs are experiencing FC with. No one can help you if they don't know what exactly you did that led up to your issues. Not saying it's your fault, but it's standard trouble shooting to walk through the steps that go to "crap, this doesn't work anymore".
Sony Ericsson st18a (Ray): Unlocked BL, ICS Sony Official (USA), GoLauncher w/ C.Black Theme, Kernel: touch recovery kernel/122min http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...touch+recovery (this thread tells you how to root .562 also!).

Kindle Fire HD 7" (I won it... people pay for this?)

Sony Ericsson x10a: unlocked BL, T.E.A.M. Rom 3.9, GoLauncher w/ C.Black Theme, Stock kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deviantelf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ip2op01
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Full transparent status bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87 View Post

Thanks for this wonderful mod.
But the transparency is applied only to the partial area bellow the Status Bar Widget. Can you mod the SystemUI to have higher transparency to overall status bar?

I want the status bar to look fully transparent like the one given bellow.

kpham
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi hansip87, I just installed your PartA and PartB (for ICS 562 Nordic), and as I understand from your post that these don't contain the Auto Rotate Home, but the option 3 does. However, I got the auto rotate home even I did not flash the option 3, and honestly, I don't like the rotate home Can you suggest any way to get the home de-rotated?

Thanks

hansip87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,814

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpham View Post
Hi hansip87, I just installed your PartA and PartB (for ICS 562 Nordic), and as I understand from your post that these don't contain the Auto Rotate Home, but the option 3 does. However, I got the auto rotate home even I did not flash the option 3, and honestly, I don't like the rotate home Can you suggest any way to get the home de-rotated?

Thanks
Well, are you sure you're getting auto rotated home without part 3? No home.apk reflashed, no rotate. To solve your issue, just restore original home.apk (you do have backup don't you )
Love to Mod, Love to Experiment,
Sony Fanatic

My App Project:
Fast App Switcher Small App
System Monitor Small App
Media Viewer Small App

Phone History:
Nokia 6233 - Sony Ericsson K700i - SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro - SE Xperia Ray - Motorola RAZR Maxx - Xperia Z Ultra

The Following User Says Thank You to hansip87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]