Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 48,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe - Custom CM7.2 for Nook Color - 07272013

Tip us?

eowyn
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspTP View Post
Youtube HD works on the NC with version 2.1.6.

Attached for your convenience..
But when you update the You Tube, the problem comes back, can't play HD videos again, guess the temporary solution is not to update You Tube?
"Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you" - JC

BB Pearl>Dell Streak 5>BB Torch>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>Infuse 4G>Nexus S>Infuse 4G>Atrix 4G>Evo 3D>White Nexus S>Black Skyrocket>Galaxy Note N7000>White Galaxy Note i717>Blue Galaxy Note i717>Galaxy Nexus>Nexus S>White iPhone 4S>White Skyrocket>Atrix 4G

boomn
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn View Post
But when you update the You Tube, the problem comes back, can't play HD videos again, guess the temporary solution is not to update You Tube?
If you want a clean and simple way to keep that specific version and not have it nagging you in the update list then try this:

Titanium Backup -> Backup/Restore tab -> long press on the YouTube app -> Detach from Market
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boomn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frankusb
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspTP View Post
Youtube HD works on the NC with version 2.1.6
2.3.4 works for me.

Frank
Attached Files
File Type: apk Youtube_v2.3.4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.13 MB, 256 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frankusb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Scarab1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zires View Post
Two errors that I am getting now. I cannot mount emmc to my pc and always was able to mount sd and emmc to pc before. And I am getting the following error when updating or installing some apps "couldn't install on usb storage or sd card" I tried http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04...em-on-android/ . What seems to work is unmounting the sd installing/updated the problem program and then mounting the sd...but it is a pain.
I've had this error a couple of times in the last week or so. Both times I found that the SD card had been marked read-only some how. I used Root Explorer to switch it back to read-write and problem solved.

But no idea how it got read-only in the first place.

davidukfl
Old
Thanks Meter 200
just updated to this build, noticed that wifi isn't staying consistently connected to my home network and my tether from my nexus.

Anyone else having this issue that knows a fix?
if not i guess I'll clear data, but i'd like to avoid that if possible

Already wiped dalvik and cache

zires
Old
(Last edited by zires; 27th April 2012 at 08:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab1 View Post
I've had this error a couple of times in the last week or so. Both times I found that the SD card had been marked read-only some how. I used Root Explorer to switch it back to read-write and problem solved.

But no idea how it got read-only in the first place.
How did you do that? I get an error when I try.

I scoured the web and found a way to do it. I used a mac in my office to run first aid on the sd card and it was fixed. Confirmed by installing tip-off basketball and audibon birds.

swaaye
Old
(Last edited by swaaye; 28th April 2012 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn View Post
Yup for some reason you have to use the older YouTube. I've been using 2.1.6 for almost a year.

BTW it's not HD that the NC can play. It's "HQ" (480p AFAIK). The default is probably 360p or 240p. NC's TI video DSP can't play 720p.

360Razir
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaaye View Post
Yup for some reason you have to use the older YouTube. I've been using 2.1.6 for almost a year.

BTW it's not HD that the NC can play. It's "HQ" (480p AFAIK). The default is probably 360p or 240p. NC's TI video DSP can't play 720p.
Problem with 2.1.6 for me is that it gives me an error about my account not being linked to YouTube when I try to connect to My Channel. I tried a few "fixes" for it that I Googled, but to no avail.

Also, I wish we could watch HD videos, but not really my primary concern as long as I can just click on a video and have it play by default and not have to keep unchecking "HD". Just gets to be a pain in the arse after awhile. HQ is just fine for that and keeping me sane in the process.

Version 2.3.4 that frankusb posted allows me to connect to my account and also watch HQ videos by default. Good looking out, frank!

bbernardini
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360Razir View Post
Version 2.3.4 that frankusb posted allows me to connect to my account and also watch HQ videos by default. Good looking out, frank!
Does it have the Watch It Later feature? That's the one thing I miss when using the older version.

360Razir
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbernardini View Post
Does it have the Watch It Later feature? That's the one thing I miss when using the older version.
Yep, under the Playlists tab.