Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

major battery drain any ideas its ridiculous

OP runway500

25th April 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hello guys,

I have the wifi model xoom rooted with stock rom. My battery life after the first week having my xoom has been terrible. So last week I rooted it and my battery life was tremendous because i didint have many apps on it. I've been slowing adding apps day by day and monitoring so that if I use any battery killers ill be aware. Well battery has gone to crap once again. Last night I charged it to 100 percent, i then took it off the charger and turned airplane mode on. I let it sit there untill around 10am. when i picked it up it was at 69percent charged with 70% of the battery being used from "tablet idle". I freaked out so I downloaded a screenshot app but by that time the tablet idle went down to 44percnt and 34 percent was screen on. anyone have any suggestions as to why those are percentages are so high when my tab is just chillin... btw i just downloaded baddass battery monitor. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.25-10.32.11.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	1024290   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.25-10.32.01.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1024291   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.04.25-10.31.47.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1024292  
25th April 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 715

3,014 posts
More
I'm using a custom rom as you can see in my signature and my battery life is quite good and I have many apps installed. It takes any rom a while to settle down. I can't speak to stock rom because I haven't run stock in over a year. It sounds like you are doing the right things though...pay attention to whatever might be syncing in the background...that can be a big battery drain.
25th April 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 280

1,509 posts
More
Checkout betterbatterystats. Its free on XDA (somewhere). It gives you a breakdown of exactly what is waking your device.

*edit* just noticed you downloaded something similar. Just comb through that and try to find out what is waking your tablet so much.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
More
no battery issues here on custom rom

link for bbs

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179809
26th April 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

70 posts
Donate to Me
More
/only thing I can see is that you have bluetooth turned on in your images do you normally have bluetooth running all the time?
27th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #6  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 238

1,136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runway500

hello guys,

I have the wifi model xoom rooted with stock rom. My battery life after the first week having my xoom has been terrible. So last week I rooted it and my battery life was tremendous because i didint have many apps on it. I've been slowing adding apps day by day and monitoring so that if I use any battery killers ill be aware. Well battery has gone to crap once again. Last night I charged it to 100 percent, i then took it off the charger and turned airplane mode on. I let it sit there untill around 10am. when i picked it up it was at 69percent charged with 70% of the battery being used from "tablet idle". I freaked out so I downloaded a screenshot app but by that time the tablet idle went down to 44percnt and 34 percent was screen on. anyone have any suggestions as to why those are percentages are so high when my tab is just chillin... btw i just downloaded baddass battery monitor. Thanks.

One of the thing that I always try to be careful about my Xoom is having wireless disabled at all times I'm not using it. I've notice that since I've been doing so, my battery life has stretched further and further than when I leave it on.

Apps usually check for the network state, but this doesn't consume as much battery cycles as if the wireless would be on searching for signal while your not using it.
28th April 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #7  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 75

619 posts
More
OP...it sounds like a rogue app of sorts.

Purchase Autostarts from the market and disable processes you don't need running at startup. It could help.

I've noticed that a lot of certain apps like to be started even though I don't need them running all the time. It could be an app running during different circumstances as well.

Let us know if this works.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
6th May 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 22,829

5,632 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool
1) root your device.
2) follow the steps in the below link to flash the best rom ever made for motorola xoom 3G. if you have a wifi version, then install the wifi version rom only.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459641
3) go to market, buy startup Manager app. and install it. remove unwanted apps from its GUI but keep superuser / supersu.
4) go to market and buy juice defender ultimate. install it and configure it as aggressive mode.

Only then, you will the difference. if Motorola promised you with 10 hours battery life, this will give an extra 2 hours

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread