Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 40,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] Root, Install Busybox and SuperCharge your G9

Tip us?

donovan1914
Old
Thanks Meter 2
101 9g 250gb hdd

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru View Post
Hi!

What is exactly your model ?

We can find a solution if we have more info of your device !
I just got the 101 g9 with the 4.0.5 from factory.

MrLarner
Old
Thanks Meter 5
in the process of rooting and i've got to this point....

6. Download this file (THANKS surdu_petru!)
7a. If you downloaded the file to your computer:
With your tablet plugged into the pc, copy the file to the INTERNAL STORAGE of the drive, NOT IN ANY FOLDERS
7b. If you downloaded the file to your tablet:
Open "Files"
Go to download and copy the file archos_3.2.79.ext4 to the Internal Storage, NOT IN ANY FOLDERS
8. Download this and this and remember where they are
9. Turn off the device normally
10. Hold power + volume down until the archos logo appears and a recovery menu appears
11. Use Volume Up + Down and power to select Recovery Menu > Developer Edition menu

but when i use power and volume down, it takes me into archos a101s recovery,
BUT... my only options now are...
reboot
update firmware
repair system
format system

so what have i done wrong? i followed all the instructions correctly and completed them all,
only thing i can think of is... half way through the whole rooting process, my battery died and the tablet turned off, i turned it back on and continued.
would this of messed it up? or due to it turning off, would i of needed to restart the whole process?

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Someone please let me know if they know a solution to this? as i cant work it out.
I do know archos updated/changed their recovery but how do i get around this?

surdu_petru
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLarner View Post
in the process of rooting and i've got to this point....

6. Download this file (THANKS surdu_petru!)
7a. If you downloaded the file to your computer:
With your tablet plugged into the pc, copy the file to the INTERNAL STORAGE of the drive, NOT IN ANY FOLDERS
7b. If you downloaded the file to your tablet:
Open "Files"
Go to download and copy the file archos_3.2.79.ext4 to the Internal Storage, NOT IN ANY FOLDERS
8. Download this and this and remember where they are
9. Turn off the device normally
10. Hold power + volume down until the archos logo appears and a recovery menu appears
11. Use Volume Up + Down and power to select Recovery Menu > Developer Edition menu

but when i use power and volume down, it takes me into archos a101s recovery,
BUT... my only options now are...
reboot
update firmware
repair system
format system

so what have i done wrong? i followed all the instructions correctly and completed them all,
only thing i can think of is... half way through the whole rooting process, my battery died and the tablet turned off, i turned it back on and continued.
would this of messed it up? or due to it turning off, would i of needed to restart the whole process?

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Someone please let me know if they know a solution to this? as i cant work it out.
I do know archos updated/changed their recovery but how do i get around this?
HI!

First you need to Enable SDE menu , take a look here => http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...560211&page=11 ( post # 107 )
Huawei Ascend P6 | Quad Core 1.5GHz | 8GB | 2GB RAM ( Omni ROM 4.4.4 ! )
HTC One M8 | Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz | 16GB | 2GB RAM ( Stock 4.4.2 )

If you find my work useful, feel free to hit the THANKS button below !
The Following User Says Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrLarner
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru View Post
HI!

First you need to Enable SDE menu , take a look here => http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...560211&page=11 ( post # 107 )
What is SDE? first i've heard of it, and its not mentioned throughout all the tutorials
are you 100% sure this is the reason i cant get any further?

Shano56
Old
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
What is SDE? first i've heard of it, and its not mentioned throughout all the tutorials
are you 100% sure this is the reason i cant get any further?
SDE is mentioned everywhere in archos forums xD

try looking at the very first page of this guide..... "Enable SDE and Permanently root your tablet" if you cannot pay attention to something so simple, you will probably screw up your rooting. And SDE the way to install custom firmware.
LG Nexus 5

mackay508
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Rooting help

For some reason i cant seem to get ADB to work. I have the 101 g9 turbo with 4.0.5 firmware. I have tried it on Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 home edition but nothing seems to work. Any help as to what to do?

Shano56
Old
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackay508 View Post
For some reason i cant seem to get ADB to work. I have the 101 g9 turbo with 4.0.5 firmware. I have tried it on Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 home edition but nothing seems to work. Any help as to what to do?
try running a command prompt from the adb folder (probably c:/android/android-sdk, maybe /platform-tools
LG Nexus 5

Abryp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899 View Post
5. Download Step 1 and Step 2 Note: Don't open these links in a browser, not tapatalk or the xda app
Download them to your desktop
"All free download slots are in use. You can download this file immediately by upgrading to FileFactory Premium. Otherwise, please feel free to try again shortly."
Please can i have these files from another hosting service? Can't download from this one several hours (Also trying to saving link directly actually downloads only index.php)

By the way, does this method of enabling SDE works for 4.0.5 firmware?

MrLarner
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shano56 View Post
SDE is mentioned everywhere in archos forums xD

try looking at the very first page of this guide..... "Enable SDE and Permanently root your tablet" if you cannot pay attention to something so simple, you will probably screw up your rooting. And SDE the way to install custom firmware.
OK, so i've gone through the process again and done the SDE part and its still the same, when i go into recovery, i dont have the option, my only options are...
reboot
update firmware
repair system
format system

and before anyone asks, i followed everything step by step.
anyone???

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abryp View Post
By the way, does this method of enabling SDE works for 4.0.5 firmware?
good point, as im currently on 4.0.5 and i also cant get SDE to work.
i can get to the recovery but my options are different to what their ment to be.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

also... when i download the ZImage and the initramfs.cpio... am i ment to save them on the computer or the tablet? if tablet, do i just save them on the internal storage?

gen_scheisskopf
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
OK, so i've gone through the process again and done the SDE part and its still the same, when i go into recovery, i dont have the option, my only options are...
reboot
update firmware
repair system
format system

and before anyone asks, i followed everything step by step.
anyone???
You didn't enable SDE. Please follow instructions in SDE thread.

Quote:
also... when i download the ZImage and the initramfs.cpio... am i ment to save them on the computer or the tablet? if tablet, do i just save them on the internal storage?
Tutorials (this one, in SDE thread and in custom firmware threads) say everything you need to know. Please read carefully.
Code:
setprop persist.world.domination 1
Twitter