in the process of rooting and i've got to this point....
6. Download this file (THANKS surdu_petru!)
7a. If you downloaded the file to your computer:
With your tablet plugged into the pc, copy the file to the INTERNAL STORAGE of the drive, NOT IN ANY FOLDERS
7b. If you downloaded the file to your tablet:
Go to download and copy the file archos_3.2.79.ext4 to the Internal Storage, NOT IN ANY FOLDERS
8. Download this and this and remember where they are
9. Turn off the device normally
10. Hold power + volume down until the archos logo appears and a recovery menu appears
11. Use Volume Up + Down and power to select Recovery Menu > Developer Edition menu
but when i use power and volume down, it takes me into archos a101s recovery,
BUT... my only options now are...
so what have i done wrong? i followed all the instructions correctly and completed them all,
only thing i can think of is... half way through the whole rooting process, my battery died and the tablet turned off, i turned it back on and continued.
would this of messed it up? or due to it turning off, would i of needed to restart the whole process?
---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------
Someone please let me know if they know a solution to this? as i cant work it out.
I do know archos updated/changed their recovery but how do i get around this?