Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

K1 USB host cable now available! $13 on lenovo with free shipping!

OP gallahad2000

25th April 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #11  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 13

223 posts
More
it appears my last gripefest with Lenovo has paid off and i have received my tracking number and it looks as if my USB Host Cable will be here by friday ....i received my order confirmation at like midnight .....i guess calling up big companies and tossing around words like "Better Business Bureau, and i want to speak to customer loyalty department and being a down right dick about not receiving something you already paid for and not being able to tell me where its at or when its going to ship" worked

***correction was just bumped up for early delivery tomorrow***

will post how it works as soon as it comes in
Last edited by tech5; 25th April 2012 at 12:53 PM.
25th April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86

541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5

it appears my last gripefest with Lenovo has paid off and i have received my tracking number and it looks as if my USB Host Cable will be here by friday ....i received my order confirmation at like midnight .....i guess calling up big companies and tossing around words like "Better Business Bureau, and i want to speak to customer loyalty department and being a down right dick about not receiving something you already paid for and not being able to tell me where its at or when its going to ship" worked

***correction was just bumped up for early delivery tomorrow***

will post how it works as soon as it comes in

Perhaps I wasn't enough of a dick. The CSR was telling me the order is on hold because it's not in stock and if I wanted he could release it to the warehouse to fill when it did come in. He told me it would take 2 business days to be released to the warehouse (which really should only take a matter of minutes).

I think next time I'll spend the money and get a Asus.
27th April 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #13  
Flag Ohio

223 posts
More
Well part came in today,missed it yesterday.....and so far it cant read either my 250gig or my 500gig portable hdd's

I can however use the K1 to charge and access my htc sensation so its way easy to copy files between them
That and a wireless keyboard and mouse work fine so its easy to hook up the hdmi and use it on the tv

Correction.....i can not access the sensation but can still charge it ...i can however access my 4 gig flash drive

Do any of you know if there are any size constraints in android that would make it now recognize larger hdd?
Sent from my Lenovo K1 using xda premium
Last edited by tech5; 27th April 2012 at 11:19 PM.
28th April 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

541 posts
More
Quote:

Do any of you know if there are any size constraints in android that would make it now recognize larger hdd?
Sent from my Lenovo K1 using xda premium

Not a size issue. Android doesnt have native support for ntfs, you have to download an app that adds support for that file system.
Example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
28th April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #15  
THE BEAUTIFUL S.F. BAY AREA
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Angry
Well I just ordered this 5-Pack of OEM wonders for $6.97 shipped:
(link removed until I'm 8 posts to the mast heh)

We'll see if they work (I'll report back either way, as soon as I am permitted to post the link).

coydroid
29th April 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #16  
Flag Ohio

223 posts
More
Well i still cant mount mt external drive but the adapters convienent for wireless mouse/keyboard and my thumb drive and ive installed a few of the apps from google play

Sent from my lenovo k1 using xda premium
29th April 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

541 posts
More
Quote:

Well i still cant mount mt external drive but the adapters convienent for wireless mouse/keyboard and my thumb drive and ive installed a few of the apps from google play

Sent from my lenovo k1 using xda premium

is your external drive USB powered (or does it have a wall adapter)? The K1 may not produce enough juice for a USB powered drive.
30th April 2012, 01:22 AM   |  #18  
Flag Ohio

223 posts
More
Usb powered seagate 500 gig portable

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
17th May 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member

541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Lenovo

This cable has proven to be a real challenge. For reasons I can't understand, we took 3 months to get it set up in the system (From Dec-March) and by the time we did, the K1 was already at end of production. We had <100 cables in inventory and worked to get those shipped here and I was told that once they were gone, that was it.

Demand obviously outpaced supply, and another small quantity was found. There were supplier complications and I'm not sure of our ability to get anymore.

I'll check with sales and see what can be done and will share what I can find out.

Thanks

Mark

This is the same Mark that's gotten us word on ICS and other things (and was able to get us the USB host cable in the first place).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread