Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***Easiest Method for Keeping Root Thru the ZV8 Update***

Tip us?

JMink
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landocommando12 View Post
Am I missing something here? I have been trying all night to get CWM on my phone after the software upgrade and this is all I get...

I have my phone on internet connection, with USB debugging enabled. I have the LG drivers installed on my pc.

I have tried the batch file, I have tried the terminal emulator, I have tried opening the shell from my pc.

I don't know much about all of this, but I can follow directions (or so I thought) but I cannot get CWM back! I need to get broken out! This LG stock software sucks balls!

Please help!
Have you added the folder location (path to the bat file) to your environment variables in windows?

Sent from my Revo 4g using XDA Premium App

Landocommando12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson View Post
Have you tried running the reboot recovery option to see if it is there?
No, I'm not sure how to do that. I followed step by step instructions by you to root and install CWM and ginger volt when I had 7, so when I held my power button, it gave me the option to reboot to recovery, so that's the only way I knew how to do it.

I heard something about holding the vol down and power button, but that started my phone in safe mode.

All I really want is to be able to flash broken out (which I have on my phones SD card), so if there is another way to do that, that's all I really care about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dexter35803
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
New root method has been posted

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1621625

revo_65
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter35803 View Post
used this method, now having troubles getting cwm installed

haxerpaylay
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I am incapable of getting the .bat file to run, I have tried everything to get into recovery and am stuck. Can anyone help?

Devices:

Motorola DroidX
Motorola Droid
Motorola Cliq
Asus Transformer
Lg Revolution

haxerpaylay™

JMink
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXERxPaYLaY View Post
I am incapable of getting the .bat file to run, I have tried everything to get into recovery and am stuck. Can anyone help?

Devices:

Motorola DroidX
Motorola Droid
Motorola Cliq
Asus Transformer
Lg Revolution

haxerpaylay™
Explain "incapable of getting the bat file to run". What is happening?

Sent from my Revo 4g using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to JMink For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JoshDB
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm trying to get this done for one of my friends with an LG Revo, I installed the first zip and booted into the OS, but it won't pick up the OTA update, and says service unavailable. Occasionally when it reboots it'll say 'Download Failed', etc. So I'm not able to OTA update, and he's got a crippled phone. Are there any steps between those numbers that should be givens that I'm missing? I'm not used to an LG phone, and this ****'s real frustrating.

I.M.famous XMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 149
JoshDB, what zip did you flash? If you flash a ROM for, say v8 and you have v7, then it won't recognize your Sim card. Therefore, no network.

Now there seems to be 2 ways to root and flash. 1) flash v7.tot, root, create .prop file, ota, use Mt's tool. 2) for v8, there is a root tool for the esteem, iirc, then you manually use adb too push cwm.

Either way, you can dl quick boot from the market to boot into recovery to check.

--My REVO is Broken, tweaked, SC'd, and TB'd. Just awesome!
<<I.M.famous>>

It may be a REVOLUTION,
But for right now....
ViperDNA
*** BeastMode **********
*** SuperCharged V6 ***
"I aM famous"
The Following User Says Thank You to I.M.famous XMAN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JoshDB
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.famous XMAN View Post
JoshDB, what zip did you flash? If you flash a ROM for, say v8 and you have v7, then it won't recognize your Sim card. Therefore, no network.

Now there seems to be 2 ways to root and flash. 1) flash v7.tot, root, create .prop file, ota, use Mt's tool. 2) for v8, there is a root tool for the esteem, iirc, then you manually use adb too push cwm.

Either way, you can dl quick boot from the market to boot into recovery to check.

--My REVO is Broken, tweaked, SC'd, and TB'd. Just awesome!
I think I'm going to flash the v8 tot and root that way. What I had done was, from MT's gingervolt 1.5, flashed the first zip in this thread after wiping everything, and then attempted to get the OTA to download and install, but it wouldn't. Now that I think about it, the CWM recovery probably wouldn't allow for that...

PoorCollegeGuy
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 364

DONATE TO ME
Hello there.

Just checking in to let ya know that this thread is on the XDA Portal. Link:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...gh-latest-ota/

I hope you like the write up, it actually links to the last article I did for the LG Revolution. Keep up the great work!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoorCollegeGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]