5,600,335 Members 34,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Incress Internal Space of GT-I5801?

Tip us?

julie_bholu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] How to Incress Internal Space of GT-I5801?

Hi

I am Beginner in to Rooting and Install or Modify Android OS (2.2).

I Root My G3 Some Days ago and Enable Live Wallpaper . . . . I use Stock Froyo Rom, Now I am close to Full My Phone's Internal Storage.

I have SD Card 4GB which Free about 800 MB,

Is there Any Tutorial or Trick avaliable for Galaxy 3( I5801 ) SD Storage Convert or used as a Internal Space. ?

I search and Found It is avilable for Galaxy Mini
(I want some Hack as Mention in said post)
h**p://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1398797
(* = t)

Thanks,

Ava.tar
Old
Thanks Meter 84
you can use things like apps2sd or link2sd to move apps to your sdcard, alternatively, most roms seem to come with a crap load of launchers and music apps etc. delete the ones you dont use/want using root explorer. (they are in system/app folder) that should free up some memory too.

Go on... Click Thanks... I double dare ya!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ava.tar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

julie_bholu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava.tar View Post
you can use things like apps2sd or link2sd to move apps to your sdcard, alternatively, most roms seem to come with a crap load of launchers and music apps etc. delete the ones you dont use/want using root explorer. (they are in system/app folder) that should free up some memory too.
I use App2SD and Delete App and After that My Phone Space is about to Full .. .. ..

Now what to Do? So I am in search for SD Card to use as Internal Space.

Thanks For Suggestion .. .. .. ..

artifex21
Old
Thanks Meter 129
On 2.2 Froyo a big part of app that you moved to sd stays on internal memory...I suggest upgrading to 2.3 or partitioning your sd card.I'm on Hercolubus rom 90 apps installed 70 Mb internal memory left...

Nexus 4 running Purity with Semaphore kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to artifex21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

julie_bholu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifex21 View Post
On 2.2 Froyo a big part of app that you moved to sd stays on internal memory...I suggest upgrading to 2.3 or partitioning your sd card.I'm on Hercolubus rom 90 apps installed 70 Mb internal memory left...
OK, First Thanks for Answer
(1) If I go with Partitioning SD Card How to Do that , Step by Step Guide Available?

(2) for Upgrading 2.3, I dont want miss any of my function or hardware like in some rom Bluetooth not work. Is Hercolubus Rom Stable 100% for G3?

Please Give me Link for Stable Rom or Suggest me Rom which Runs all function of Galaxy 3, I also consider to upgrade my Galaxy 3 to Android 2.3.....

(3) If I upgrade My phone, and Official 2.3 comes (I know chances are less ) How to Roll back to stock rom?

Thanks,
gjhita1996 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by julie_bholu View Post
OK, First Thanks for Answer
(1) If I go with Partitioning SD Card How to Do that , Step by Step Guide Available?

(2) for Upgrading 2.3, I dont want miss any of my function or hardware like in some rom Bluetooth not work. Is Hercolubus Rom Stable 100% for G3?

Please Give me Link for Stable Rom or Suggest me Rom which Runs all function of Galaxy 3, I also consider to upgrade my Galaxy 3 to Android 2.3.....

(3) If I upgrade My phone, and Official 2.3 comes (I know chances are less ) How to Roll back to stock rom?

Thanks,
1- Search it on Google
2- I upgraded mine SG3 to 2.3 and all features still work
3-Just flash the stock Rom. You can find it in SG3 Android Development

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superfrancy97
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I suggest Link2SD, it's very easy to use, you can choose wich app link and wich not, it's a graphical app and doesn't make the phone slow conversely to App2SD. Now i have like 30 apps and my internal storage is still 183 MB
Current Phone: GT-I5800 with CM7.2 MTD and marcellusbe's awesome kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to superfrancy97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

julie_bholu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking Solved

Got Solved with Link 2 Sd . . . .

Thanks,
Created Ext2 Partition with Ubuntu and Used Space. . . .

leblancbahiga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default impossible to root

For me my G3 refuse to root! how to force it?

bscraze
Old
Thanks Meter 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by leblancbahiga View Post
For me my G3 refuse to root! how to force it?
Superoneclick root/cf root.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by Stable and Smooth CleanKpu rom
Member on xda? This is a must watch

The Following User Says Thank You to bscraze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe