27th April 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #621  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 548

1,221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_424

I have a samsung focus S and did this while running the latest OTA firmware supplied by att/samsung. I was able to get to the site and load it (white screen). Then I did the following

3) Press Start
4) Navigate to Phone
5) Dial ##634#
6) Type *#9908#
7) Select Windows break me
8) Press Save (Ill i see is loading GPRS profile for windows break....

The status never changes no matter how long it sits here. Any ideas?

Thanks!

If it says loading, then it's done. Same thing happens in the video.
27th April 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #622  
Thanks Meter: 35

387 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxbot

If it says loading, then it's done. Same thing happens in the video.

Perfect! How can i be sure it worked? I was able to sideload the nokia drive xap via the deployment tool, but I think that would work anyway since its an offical WP7 app that nokia has preloaded correct? I'll try loading some homebrew xap and see how that goes but curious what I can check on my phone to confirm.

Thanks again!
28th April 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #623  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 75

438 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_424

Perfect! How can i be sure it worked? I was able to sideload the nokia drive xap via the deployment tool, but I think that would work anyway since its an offical WP7 app that nokia has preloaded correct? I'll try loading some homebrew xap and see how that goes but curious what I can check on my phone to confirm.

Thanks again!

Try loading Root tools or Advance config, that should tell you.
3rd May 2012, 12:25 PM   |  #624  
Thanks Meter: 3

129 posts
More
Jaxbot, in Windows folder there is a DiagnosisApp.xap file if I remember. You can extract it from a Rom dump and install it before use Windowbreak...we only need to extract the proper version of Diagnosis...correct me if I said a stupid thing xD
3rd May 2012, 12:46 PM   |  #625  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
To install the DiagnosisApp.xap you'll to be able to sideload apps anyway, which means your wp7 would of been unlocked.
3rd May 2012, 01:09 PM   |  #626  
Thanks Meter: 3

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser137

To install the DiagnosisApp.xap you'll to be able to sideload apps anyway, which means your wp7 would of been unlocked.

Yes I know. So at least in this way who have a dev-unlocked device can interop-unlock its phone... Now who have a dev-unlocked device can't do this with wrong Diagnosis version.
3rd May 2012, 01:33 PM   |  #627  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 548

1,221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas_ita

Yes I know. So at least in this way who have a dev-unlocked device can interop-unlock its phone... Now who have a dev-unlocked device can't do this with wrong Diagnosis version.

No, not really. The Diagnostics app requires interop unlock to deploy, so it's a paradox.
3rd May 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #628  
Thanks Meter: 153

412 posts
Does windowbreak alter any files permanently that a hard reset wouldn't be able to revert back? I have tried using the windowbreak on a flash focus but when I tap windowbreak in the gprs menu it just says loading... and continues saying that indefinitely. I'm not sure if it did anything. I want to revert back to stock.

edit: I just read that this is suppose to be normal and that now my phone is unlocked? Can I revert back to before I did the jailbreak? I need the phone in stock condition to give it back, or at least with everything in perfect working order.
Last edited by katamari201; 3rd May 2012 at 09:21 PM.
4th May 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #629  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,773

5,823 posts
More
Dev-unlock and interop-unlock are just registry changes. A hard-reset will completely wipe the registry and replace it with a basic image as though on a fresh install.

Basically, almost anything that you can do to the phone while the OS is booted (so WindowBreak counts, but installing a CAB file or a custom bootloader does not) will be un-done by a hard reset.
4th May 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #630  
Thanks Meter: 153

412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Dev-unlock and interop-unlock are just registry changes. A hard-reset will completely wipe the registry and replace it with a basic image as though on a fresh install.

Basically, almost anything that you can do to the phone while the OS is booted (so WindowBreak counts, but installing a CAB file or a custom bootloader does not) will be un-done by a hard reset.

Thx for the quick reply. The reason why I tried windowbreak was because I got this focus flash that I wanted to use on T-mobile, and I even got the sim unlock code from a dealer, but I always get a sim error when trying to input it, and the dealer suggested I try reflashing the firmware since it shouldn't say sim error, but something along the lines of wrong pin, and the sim error was baffling.

I don't know anything about windows phone roms or reflashing or any of that. I was under the impression that after using windowbreak, I could just connect to zune software and the 8107 update would show up, sort of a reflashing in a way, but with a new firmware. Connecting it to a zune doesn't do anything. Have I missed some steps? And do you think reflashing would fix the sim error and allow me to use it on t-mobile? I don't want to do anything damaging or permanent. If it is stuck on At&t and I can't use it on T-mobile, I have no choice but to sell it, and I don't want to mess it up beforehand.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unlock, windowbreak
Previous Thread Next Thread