Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can't boot my dhd or use recovery

Tip us?
 
ammo93
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default [Q] can't boot my dhd or use recovery

Hi guys
I have a HTC Desire HD that i rooted. i flashed android revolutionary 7.1 and and everything was perfect, no issues. then around 20 days ago i tryd to flash a new rom using aahk-13012012 but i got an error. Anyways, now i can't start my phone.. all i get is a white screen with a green HTC logo, i kept it half a day hoping i will start, but it was the same screen.

when i press power+vol down i go to hboot

(ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0-85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC.boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45


SD Checking...
Loading...[PD98DIAG.zip]
no image or wronge image
loading PD98DIAG.nhb
no image or wronge image
loading PD98IMG.zip
no image or wronge image

i did put the PD98IMG.zip and update.zip(renamed the rom) in the sd card root but i still cant load

i tryd to go to recovery then power+ vol up, then i get a error E:cannot open /cache/system/command or somthing and when i press apply update.zip it says somthning like: cannot locate update.zip, operation aborted

did restore factory sitting, whipe chache and everything chooseable but nothing work :'(... pleeeaaseeee helpp!!!! miss my DHD, using an old nokia phone

anyone know anything that makes my phone start up? plzz!!!
 
Reinaldo33897
Old
(Last edited by Reinaldo33897; 27th April 2012 at 02:17 PM.)
#2  
Reinaldo33897's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 508
Posts: 1,168
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo93 View Post
Hi guys
I have a HTC Desire HD that i rooted. i flashed android revolutionary 7.1 and and everything was perfect, no issues. then around 20 days ago i tryd to flash a new rom using aahk-13012012 but i got an error. Anyways, now i can't start my phone.. all i get is a white screen with a green HTC logo, i kept it half a day hoping i will start, but it was the same screen.

when i press power+vol down i go to hboot

(ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0-85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC.boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45


SD Checking...
Loading...[PD98DIAG.zip]
no image or wronge image
loading PD98DIAG.nhb
no image or wronge image
loading PD98IMG.zip
no image or wronge image

i did put the PD98IMG.zip and update.zip(renamed the rom) in the sd card root but i still cant load

i tryd to go to recovery then power+ vol up, then i get a error E:cannot open /cache/system/command or somthing and when i press apply update.zip it says somthning like: cannot locate update.zip, operation aborted

did restore factory sitting, whipe chache and everything chooseable but nothing work :'(... pleeeaaseeee helpp!!!! miss my DHD, using an old nokia phone

anyone know anything that makes my phone start up? plzz!!!
If you can get into recover try download the rom you want to use and pace it in root of your sd card(not in any folder). Then go into recovery wipe factory setting, wipe cache partitions go into advance>wipe dalvik cache. Hit back istall from sd card>choose zip from sd card>choose rom you placed in sd card and install. Reboot after its installed.
If it didnt work you may have screwed up your bootloader. First why did you use AAHK to load a new rom when all you needed to do was go into recovery wipe factory, wipe cache then wipe dalvik then flash rom. All rom forums have their instructions on how to install their roms. Head over to AAHK forum and go into IRC Chat they will help you solve your issue there.
NEVER RENAME ROMS
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (MDL)
ROM: Goldeneye V38.1
Baseband : NC1
 
glevitan
Old
#3  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,206
Posts: 3,271
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo93 View Post
Hi guys
I have a HTC Desire HD that i rooted. i flashed android revolutionary 7.1 and and everything was perfect, no issues. then around 20 days ago i tryd to flash a new rom using aahk-13012012 but i got an error. Anyways, now i can't start my phone.. all i get is a white screen with a green HTC logo, i kept it half a day hoping i will start, but it was the same screen.

when i press power+vol down i go to hboot

(ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0-85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC.boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45


SD Checking...
Loading...[PD98DIAG.zip]
no image or wronge image
loading PD98DIAG.nhb
no image or wronge image
loading PD98IMG.zip
no image or wronge image

i did put the PD98IMG.zip and update.zip(renamed the rom) in the sd card root but i still cant load

i tryd to go to recovery then power+ vol up, then i get a error E:cannot open /cache/system/command or somthing and when i press apply update.zip it says somthning like: cannot locate update.zip, operation aborted

did restore factory sitting, whipe chache and everything chooseable but nothing work :'(... pleeeaaseeee helpp!!!! miss my DHD, using an old nokia phone

anyone know anything that makes my phone start up? plzz!!!
Rom are not PD98IMG.zip files...they do not contain radios, so you just can flash in CWM. I donīt know what u did, but as Reinaldo says, you might have screwed your hboot....now if you are s-off and rooted and did a factory reset that means that u have no rom in your device, plus you have just erased usb debugging so, now you canīt use the fastboot. My advice, is that u stop messing your phone. You have to ask and educate yourself before doing something you donīt know. It is very hard to solve a problem after you have messed in such a way,...

EDIT..besides to boot into hboot / recovery is power + volume down....
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
 
HTCinspiration
Old
#4  
HTCinspiration's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 545
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tulsa
Dude, in the future, when things start going wrong, Don't keep clicking away at "everything chooseable". That will never, ever fix it. Stop everything & read & inform urself before going ANY further. Just some fyi for the future man. It will save ur device, if it's not already messed up
HTC Inspire 4g
Absolution ROM
2.6.35.14-LordModUE-8.2 BFS
12.39.60.19P_26.06.04.06_
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCinspiration For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ammo93
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2012
thanks for replaying guys, yea you're right i shouldn't have done anything before i was sure.

i did wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition but there is no option for wipe dalvik cache, and there is no "choose zip from sd card" its only "Apply sdcard:update.zip" therefore i named the room as "update" too. and when i hit apply sdcard:update.zip it says :
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No suck file or directory)
E:signature veerification failed
Installation aborted.

and ya, i cant use fastboot eighter

I used AAHK because i thought it was possiable to flash using it.
I will visit AAHK forum tomorw and go into IRC chat, hope someone can help.. have to get some sleep now..

Thanks =) sorry if i have bad english btw and thanks for the info to never rename roms
 
glevitan
Old
#6  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,206
Posts: 3,271
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo93 View Post
thanks for replaying guys, yea you're right i shouldn't have done anything before i was sure.

i did wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition but there is no option for wipe dalvik cache, and there is no "choose zip from sd card" its only "Apply sdcard:update.zip" therefore i named the room as "update" too. and when i hit apply sdcard:update.zip it says :
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No suck file or directory)
E:signature veerification failed
Installation aborted.

and ya, i cant use fastboot eighter

I used AAHK because i thought it was possiable to flash using it.
I will visit AAHK forum tomorw and go into IRC chat, hope someone can help.. have to get some sleep now..

Thanks =) sorry if i have bad english btw and thanks for the info to never rename roms
Ammo, you need to flash a RUU in order to have a working phone...hit the Hack Kit channel and I will lend u a hand

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
The Following User Says Thank You to glevitan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ammo93
Old
(Last edited by ammo93; 28th April 2012 at 12:56 PM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Hi, thank you very much, will soo apriciate it
im a little new, so i dont really know how to hit the hack kit channel :P..
but could you help me step-by-step how to install/flash the RUU and the link to the RUU download for my phone?

Would be very thankful!!
 
glevitan
Old
#8  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,206
Posts: 3,271
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo93 View Post
Hi, thank you very much, will soo apriciate it
im a little new, so i dont really know how to hit the hack kit channel :P..
but could you help me step-by-step how to install/flash the RUU and the link to the RUU download for my phone?

Would be very thankful!!
I answered the PM, what carrier is your phone? you need to find a RUU for your device in order to make it work....PM and we can make it together.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
 
Rash123
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default I have this same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
I answered the PM, what carrier is your phone? you need to find a RUU for your device in order to make it work....PM and we can make it together.
Hey guys!

I am currently encountering this EXACT same problem and have been looking for a solution for a LONG LONG time.
Unfortunately i have done exactly what this guy had done...
I am using a HTC Desire HD unlocked... S-OFF ... or i think... I honestly have no idea what i have done (just wanted ics on my phone)
Though i am having the same problems as the ones addressed previously on this thread.

Please help me
would really be appreciated!
thank you
 
Gizmoe
Old
#10  
Gizmoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 827
Posts: 2,056
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spokane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash123 View Post
Hey guys!

I am currently encountering this EXACT same problem and have been looking for a solution for a LONG LONG time.
Unfortunately i have done exactly what this guy had done...
I am using a HTC Desire HD unlocked... S-OFF ... or i think... I honestly have no idea what i have done (just wanted ics on my phone)
Though i am having the same problems as the ones addressed previously on this thread.

Please help me
would really be appreciated!
thank you
Find a stock ruu for your device. Plug phone into pc. From hboot select fastboot and run the ruu from pc. You will remain s off. When able to enter Rom select to enable USB debugging. Use the hack kit option menu to re flash recovery. Now from recovery install whatever Rom you choose. Make a backup first though.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
Sent From my HTC One S-Off via rumrunners or Firewater/Weaksauce combo
Need a DropBox account? use this link DropBox

Other Devices:
HTC Inspire 4g S-Off/Rooted(Ace device info all in one place Ace Think Tank)
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD stock
Nexus 7 rooted

The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes