Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Tip us?
 
voyager20021
Old
(Last edited by voyager20021; 27th April 2012 at 06:29 AM.)
#2941  
voyager20021's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,078
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Here
Default Current BUGS?!

1.Phone staying 100% awake when bluetooth is activated (~100% msm_serial_hs_dma kernel wakelock)
2. Flickering icons in status bar due to percentage battery level setting
3. Notification lights on missed calls not working
4. Cycling through brightness status bar button levels not showing correctly
5. When using 'statusbar brightness control' while sliding your finger all the way to the left to deacrease brightness to a minimum level buttons light up and stay lit untill you lock the device

General request> Default exposure should be atleast +3... Or at least give us the option of saving user-defined exposure levels...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to voyager20021 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pradipsoman
Old
(Last edited by pradipsoman; 27th April 2012 at 01:37 PM.)
#2942  
pradipsoman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 339
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thrissur
Camera exposure problem can be temporarily solved just by replacing libcamera.so with proper permissions Here is the attached file. It's from working KANG version. It works superbly on the latest nightly

Please change the extension to .so from .zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip libcamera.zip - [Click for QR Code] (75.4 KB, 71 views)

Phones: LG Optimus One P500, Xiaomi Mi3 & Moto G
The Following User Says Thank You to pradipsoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mvgadagi
Old
#2943  
mvgadagi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 474
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Do anybody experiening problem with BACK button..

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
 
bilbo75
Old
(Last edited by bilbo75; 27th April 2012 at 06:34 PM.)
#2944  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 120
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Prato
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager20021 View Post
1.Phone staying 100% awake when bluetooth is activated (~100% msm_serial_hs_dma kernel wakelock)
2. Flickering icons in status bar due to percentage battery level setting
3. Notification lights on missed calls not working
4. Cycling through brightness status bar button levels not showing correctly
5. When using 'statusbar brightness control' while sliding your finger all the way to the left to deacrease brightness to a minimum level buttons light up and stay lit untill you lock the device

General request> Default exposure should be atleast +3... Or at least give us the option of saving user-defined exposure levels...
1) Confirm.There are already new fixes about bluetooth in changelog.
2) Confirm.
3) I can't still confirm.
4) Didn't try.
5) It doesn't happen here.
6) Often, after closed GPS, I have a sensible drain from GPS_LOCATION_SERVICE.I need to reboot to fix it.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvgadagi View Post
Do anybody experiening problem with BACK button..

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
Working fine here.
The first time I've flashed the rom ,GPS didn't work.I had to reflash rom again to solve.Maybe it's the same problem.
 
voyager20021
Old
#2945  
voyager20021's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,078
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo75 View Post
1) Confirm.There are already new fixes about bluetooth in changelog.
2) Confirm.
3) I can't still confirm.
4) Didn't try.
5) It doesn't happen here.
6) Often, after closed GPS, I have a sensible drain from GPS_LOCATION_SERVICE.I need to reboot to fix it.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------



Working fine here.
The first time I've flashed the rom ,GPS didn't work.I had to reflash rom again to solve.Maybe it's the same problem.
For nr 6, try betterbatterystats and see if you get wakelocks after using GPS. I tested too, but it didn't occure to me. Could be random if the bug is still there. Other ppl reported that too. Ta kernel had that bug at some point.
 
voyager20021
Old
#2946  
voyager20021's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,078
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvgadagi View Post
Do anybody experiening problem with BACK button..

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
Rom flash problem or broken hardware. Had that problem with home button not working at all a couple of times due to flashing without wiping data.
 
mrplowdan
Old
#2947  
mrplowdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 358
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipsoman View Post
...Here is the attached file. It's from working KANG version. It works superbly on the latest nightly

Please change the extension to .so from .zip
works great, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager20021 View Post
5. When using 'statusbar brightness control' while sliding your finger all the way to the left to deacrease brightness to a minimum level buttons light up and stay lit untill you lock the device
I see this bug as well, but only sometimes and logcat doesn't seem to give any usefull information. I'm running the latest daily CM7 official build, nothing added other than the libcamera mentioned aboved.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrplowdan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sweetnsour
Old
#2948  
sweetnsour's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2503
Posts: 2,574
Join Date: May 2011
Can anyone try this and tell me if they can reproduce this?

Here is my setup:
Ring lockscreen with custom app starter and pattern security
Hold back button to kill application checked

1. Start an app. What I did was start Titanium Backup and began backing up my apps.
2. Lock your phone (display off). Now wake it up, but before you unlock the phone, hold the back button as if you were going to kill the lockscreen.
3. Unlock your phone. The app that you had running before you locked your phone should have been killed. For me, Titanium Backup was killed (it was not backing up my apps anymore).

In my setup, I mentioned that I had the custom app starter. What I've noticed is that if you wake up your device and select a custom app, the app is started even before you unlock the phone. For example, if I choose to unlock into the camera, I would first drag the ring onto the camera bubble. Now the pattern lockscreen is shown, but the camera app has already opened before you unlock the phone. Not sure if this is a bug, but onto my point: if you hold the back button before you unlock the phone using the custom app starter, you will see that it will not unlock into the custom app because if I am correct, it has been killed.
 
bilbo75
Old
#2949  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 120
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Prato
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager20021 View Post
For nr 6, try betterbatterystats and see if you get wakelocks after using GPS. I tested too, but it didn't occure to me. Could be random if the bug is still there. Other ppl reported that too. Ta kernel had that bug at some point.
It's exactly what I did.I've seen wakelocks from BetterBatteryStats.It doesn't happen everytime.But quite often.I had a similar problem on CM 7.1 6.5.8 Mik's.
After used GPS always a big drain and the same problem happen to a friend of mine with an Acer Liquid phone and always with CM7.1 rom based.
Anyway it's a good rom.In everyday usage(phone,sms and mails) has a better battery usage for me.And it's very stable too,no random reboots or FCs

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager20021 View Post
5. When using 'statusbar brightness control' while sliding your finger all the way to the left to deacrease brightness to a minimum level buttons light up and stay lit untill you lock the device
I have to confirm this too,but it's not a big problem
The Following User Says Thank You to bilbo75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nok2626
Old
(Last edited by nok2626; 28th April 2012 at 03:52 PM.) Reason: gapps
#2950  
nok2626's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 44
Join Date: May 2011
These are my observations on the latest nighty [update-cm-7-20120420-NIGHTLY-p500-signed] of CM7.
  • Alarm does not auto snooze after certain minutes [even after 15 mins].
  • Unwanted tabs at the top of Video player. [refer screenshot]
  • Missing feature - [Excuse message during incoming call]. This was present in the LG stock ROM.

The latest nighty is the most stable release of CM7. Great work xda.
Can anyone please share the link for latest gapps for CM7. The one given by Adam was way older [20110828]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1334057058873.png
Views:	230
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1029092  

Tags
cm7 official, cyanogenmod cm questions bugs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes