Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did this work for you?
Yes. Gingerbread unlock zip 38 34.23%
Yes. ICS unlock zip 40 36.04%
No. Gingerbread zip 16 14.41%
No ICS zip 17 15.32%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide][zip][Root needed] Unsimlock your Defy (v1.3)[NEW:JB support!]

Tip us?

jackxx
Old
Thanks Meter 5
so.. where is MB525 files????
thank for coment this post but... we're here for MOTOROLA DEFY ""(MB525)""..

djc151084
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackxx View Post
so.. where is MB525 files????

thank for coment this post but... we're here for MOTOROLA DEFY ""(MB525)""..
I am not thick and i do own a mb525 , but the post is titled unlock mbxxx , so assumed was generick for all mb series. I just posted here encase was Usfull for the unlock help of our defy, maybe it's could be done in a similar way.

Djc

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

crakeron
Old
(Last edited by crakeron; 29th April 2012 at 09:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceanth View Post
nope, done nothing to baseband.

How should i factory reset the device? I flashed a new rom and wiped cash and dalvik partition. Thats the same thing right?
It may work, but you didn't factory reset at 100%, because you didn't wipe the data partition. If it works then don't bother doing it, you'll lose your apps. If the problem persists then wipe data/fact reset

Motorola Defy, CM7 @ 1Ghz + CM9 multiboot
[Guide] Install double boot CM7 + CM9
[Guide][Root needed] Unsimlock your Defy

crakeron
Old
(Last edited by crakeron; 29th April 2012 at 09:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc151084 View Post
I am not thick and i do own a mb525 , but the post is titled unlock mbxxx , so assumed was generick for all mb series. I just posted here encase was Usfull for the unlock help of our defy, maybe it's could be done in a similar way.

Djc

Hmm, it's funny it's for "all mbxxx devices", i'll have a look at it but i don't feel like risking trying it. Especially if there are windows .exes involved and stuff. I'll look deeper into that method but for the moment i don't give much credit to it. And unless it's new, how come we've never heard of it on XDA? :/

The Following User Says Thank You to crakeron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crakeron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226

DONATE TO ME
Reading about that method it seems that there's also some rooting going on too, it's talking about "Rageagainstthecage", with is the name of the hack used to root GB and froyo devices. I'll continue my research... ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to crakeron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djc151084
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakeron View Post
Reading about that method it seems that there's also some rooting going on too, it's talking about "Rageagainstthecage", with is the name of the hack used to root GB and froyo devices. I'll continue my research... ^^

Pm sent to you with the address i had the info from, encase you want to ask the original poster a few questions

Djc

The Following User Says Thank You to djc151084 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pashtun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1000 View Post
Oh right, I still had the issue when I changed my simcard (from Orange UK to T-mobile), it said that the sim wasn't recognised, which is why I presumed it had not flashed the baseband correctly.

Is there a certain amount of times the phone has to be rebooted with the correct sim before it can be changed?

Thanks
I'm having the same problem as robot1000 - my stock defy was running the correct baseband version (EPU93_U_00.59.01), but after installing MS2Ginger, the baseband got changed to EPU93_U_00.61 - I ran the Baseband_change(EPU93_U_00.59.01).zip in recovery, which said that the baseband had been changed successfully. I then ran GB_Defy_softunlock_v1.3(EPU_U_00.59.01).zip, which again reported that it had been installed successfully. Then I rebooted once with the standard SIM card, shut down the phone, installed my new SIM card, but get the sim unlock prompt on startup

Whiskey Kid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you so much, crakeron! This worked like a charm on my Defy!

jorgeoro
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Crackeron or labsin, could u tell me if the modified init.mapphone_umts.rc is the patched_init.mapphone_umts.rc that the script backs-up? cos I'm trying to unlock it manually

labsin
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeoro View Post
Crackeron or labsin, could u tell me if the modified init.mapphone_umts.rc is the patched_init.mapphone_umts.rc that the script backs-up? cos I'm trying to unlock it manually
Should be a patched_... and one without. If you want to do it manually, just copy the file from /system/bootmenu/2nt-init with root explorer, add the lines, copy back the file and change the permissions.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA
Defy and Moto G on latest CMX nightly by Quarx