FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM]-[22-APR-2012]-MikTouch-0.5-[Stock, Optimized Sense]

658 posts
Thanks Meter: 160
 
By JKILO, Senior Member on 23rd April 2012, 12:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th April 2012, 06:52 PM |#91  
wiswis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_dude36

No No... THIS is a usable abortion xD O.O

Wtf

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
 
 
26th April 2012, 07:11 PM |#92  
strapped365's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswis

Wtf

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Okay i got trumped with that one, thanks for making my day!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 08:12 PM |#93  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Im currently running the "MyTouch 4G Slide DoubleShot Lite 1.2.3" rom & wondering how it would compare to this rom.
26th April 2012, 09:24 PM |#94  
strapped365's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimppoet

Im currently running the "MyTouch 4G Slide DoubleShot Lite 1.2.3" rom & wondering how it would compare to this rom.

It wont compare at all, thats a ROM with most of the stock HTC apps removed, at least thats what i got from the first few posts.

This is a stock rom that has the apks optimized, so it still has all the stock HTC apps.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2012, 12:26 AM |#95  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
1st impression so...still to much bloat for my liking...just got done installing the rom...deleting twitter,tmobile bloatware,the newest keylogger called "smith.apk",etc. Also had to use my autostart app to disabled all the extra crap from loading at startup.

Edit: used the stock apk here to fix the browser problem
Last edited by pimppoet; 27th April 2012 at 02:41 AM.
28th April 2012, 02:49 AM |#96  
Fuzi0719's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimppoet

1st impression so...still to much bloat for my liking...just got done installing the rom...deleting twitter,tmobile bloatware,the newest keylogger called "smith.apk",etc. Also had to use my autostart app to disabled all the extra crap from loading at startup.

Edit: used the stock apk here to fix the browser problem

LOL "keylogger"... riiiiiight. the Smith.apk is most likely part of the Smith Micro software, which is in all Android phones and is used by Google and the manufacturers for OTA updates as well as managing data transfers to/from the microSD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzi0719 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 07:53 AM |#97  
JKILO's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 160
 
Donate to Me
More
mmmk ive smali debloated the framework and moved the browser back to original cause there is no way to have it the way you guys prefer with the additional settings unlocked..still working on dspmanager and working to odex it for more optimization..are there any requests? this was originally a project for strapped365 and i to play around with but i've moved on to sense 4.0 for the time being with this as my daily til it works 100% so im going to build the rest of this rom around what "you" want which is the way it should be
28th April 2012, 10:21 AM |#98  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

LOL "keylogger"... riiiiiight. the Smith.apk is most likely part of the Smith Micro software, which is in all Android phones and is used by Google and the manufacturers for OTA updates as well as managing data transfers to/from the microSD card.

It wasnt on the original stock rom...I say keylogger due to the whole ciq issue.
28th April 2012, 01:31 PM |#99  
strapped365's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKILO

mmmk ive smali debloated the framework and moved the browser back to original cause there is no way to have it the way you guys prefer with the additional settings unlocked..still working on dspmanager and working to odex it for more optimization..are there any requests? this was originally a project for strapped365 and i to play around with but i've moved on to sense 4.0 for the time being with this as my daily til it works 100% so im going to build the rest of this rom around what "you" want which is the way it should be

My bad man i got busy with work and figured you were going to be busy as well......

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 02:44 PM |#100  
Fuzi0719's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKILO

mmmk ive smali debloated the framework and moved the browser back to original cause there is no way to have it the way you guys prefer with the additional settings unlocked..still working on dspmanager and working to odex it for more optimization..are there any requests? this was originally a project for strapped365 and i to play around with but i've moved on to sense 4.0 for the time being with this as my daily til it works 100% so im going to build the rest of this rom around what "you" want which is the way it should be

Perhaps to satisfy most, doing the deodex, move the T-Mobile other apps to \system\apps where people can easily delete what they don't want, add beats/bravia. This would leave it "stock" but allow the user to debloat as they choose. Of course, I'd vote to leave Genius button alone. Is there an app that people could use to select the mapping of the Genius button, so people could choose for themselves what it does? Oh, and I'd leave the stock browser alone. People can always download alternative browsers if they don't want to use the stock one. But some of us depend on the stock browser working a certain way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzi0719 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 03:37 PM |#101  
strapped365's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

Perhaps to satisfy most, doing the deodex, move the T-Mobile other apps to \system\apps where people can easily delete what they don't want, add beats/bravia. This would leave it "stock" but allow the user to debloat as they choose. Of course, I'd vote to leave Genius button alone. Is there an app that people could use to select the mapping of the Genius button, so people could choose for themselves what it does? Oh, and I'd leave the stock browser alone. People can always download alternative browsers if they don't want to use the stock one. But some of us depend on the stock browser working a certain way.

Well he is actually odexing the apks, after debloating some smali code in framework. Which will improve performance, as the ROM stand now its deodex.

I would think the apps would be easier to remove from data/app and not system/app.

I think ill make up a flashable for the remap of the Genius to search and he can change it back to stock in the ROM

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by strapped365; 28th April 2012 at 03:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to strapped365 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, bitchin, mikmik, miktouch, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes